🇯🇵 An die Japanfans

MK23 - skiimport

Nachwuchsspieler
Not a great result today (except for Watase), hopefully tomorrow would be better. It is such a shame that Kasai got sick.

One thing I find fascinating : after today's competition we have currently 8 jumpers in top 55 WRL! Only Norway has also 8, Germany has 7, and Austria has only 6 :aetsch:

Dairyu

Nachwuchsspieler
Hehehe right, though I'd like to have our jumpers in the positions of the Austrians... anyway we have many competitive jumpers who score points regularly (Kasai, Okabe, Watase, Ito, Yumoto) while two of our jumpers (Tochimoto and Takeuchi) were quite consistent last year, but have been a bit off this year.

Anyway Tochimoto's shape has been encouraging in Sapporo. After good practice jumps in Vancouver he struggled in the competition (perhaps due to the lower in-run speed) and it was the same thing here and he was lucky to make the 2nd round, but his 2nd round jump and his practice jumps have been encouraging.

Watase was the least impressive of our A-Team jumpers in practice, but he got the best result...quite amazing and yet again he managed to surprise me with such an excellent result..:)

Hakuba

J-Fan
Here are the ladies:

Yamada Izumi
Watase Ayumi (Yûta's sister)
Takeda Ayuka
Itô Yûki (15 years old)

Funaki1998

Nachwuchsspieler
I think Yuta will be chosen because he is efficient on the K-90 hills with his technique. Furthermore, Yuta is consistent, so it is interesting for the team competition.
To be honnest, I think that it would be unfair for Tochimoto if his results are good till Willingen... Yumoto should be replace by him if he continues with his current hectic style even if he won once this year.
So, I disagree with this. We have to choose our 5 best jumpers at the moment...

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:

Dairyu

Nachwuchsspieler
I agree with this completely. Yumoto's style is very hectic and there are too many jumps which go completely wrong such as the 1st round in Vancouver on sunday or the first ones in Garmisch (where he was very lucky with his opponent) and Bischofshofen..Tochimoto has also had jumps like this, but in practice he has been very consistent. Watase of course has been so much more regular than both of them since the 4-hills...I would have chosen Watase and waited between Fumihisa and Shôhei, but of course Yumoto won in Pragelato and it is his big advantage..

Funaki1998

Nachwuchsspieler
I don't understand why he changed his style. In Pragelato last year, he was 10th and 2nd best distance in the qualifications behind Schmitt with a good style ! Since, he changed his style twice (in Hakuba - Liberec his style was very agressive at the horizontal but he was too much close the snow and his current style is not very efficient as well...)...

I was surprised with Hiroki Yamada second jump today. This one was horrible. He seems to be afraid to topple over his skis ! Now, I am sorry but I can't trust in him anymore... he was a very promising jumper several years ago and now he is such a mess :(

Funaki1998

Nachwuchsspieler
9 japanese will travail to Europe.
Nori - Daiki - Okabe - Yumoto - Tochimoto - Watase - Takeuchi - Osanai - Sakuyama

I know that 5 jumpers will go in Lillehammer with Ylianttila to prepare the World Championships (Nori - Daiki - Okabe - Yumoto and Watase / Tochimoto). So, I think 4 jumpers will jump in the flying hill in Oberstdorf because the better will be in Lillehammer right ? (Sakuyama - Osanai - Takeuchi - Tochimoto / Watase).

http://www.ski-japan.or.jp/official/saj/articles/camp_20090204_01.html

I don't understand but I think that we will have a team for the Heini Klopfer Schanze team competition ? It would be a very good opportunity for Sakuyama and Osanai !

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Our junior team is not very competitive in Strbske Pleso. According to the 4 training jumps, only Kento is able to be among the best 15. Maybe Kenshiro or Hiroaki could jump in the second round but a medal isn't possible this year with the others teams which have 4 very good jumpers, Austria, Germany, Slovenia, Poland, Finland...
Shoh, who was better than Faller, Mechler and the jumpers from Korea in China is disappointing...

Planica239

Nachwuchsspieler
in sapporo it seemed that funaki could be the stronger than the young guys takeuichi, tochimoto a.s.o.

Does anyone know if Funaki will participate in events in Europe or does he jump only in japan at national competitions?

it was unbelievable watching him getting WC points last weekend ;)

Dairyu

Nachwuchsspieler
Funaki is not among the jumpers who travelled to Europe (while Osanai is) so it is unlikely we will see him in World Cup until the end of the year.

I agree that his performance in Sapporo was encouraging and if he starts dominating like Okabe did in the japanese national competitions he should receive a chance, but as of right now I think he is still pretty far behind Okabe, Kasai, Ito etc...

Anyway, it is true that Funaki finished ahead of Tochimoto in Sapporo, but I think that Shohei is capable of better results - he is just very inconsistent, but usually jumps well in practice when there is more in-run speed compared to the competitions. He seems to struggle with low in-run speed and has not been able to show his potential for that reason. I would prefer to see the team which won Bronze in Sapporo two years ago (Tochimoto-Ito-Okabe-Kasai) in Liberec, because Shohei usually does well in team competitions and if he is our first group jumper (the group where most teams put their weakest jumper and therefore the start gate is usually not that low) he can do well in that position I think...He did pretty well in the team competition yesterday.

Planica239

Nachwuchsspieler
i think so too, Dairyu.

Japan seems having a quite good team for the WCH in Liberec. It's a pitty that, like in sapporo, there will be only the team competition on the 120m hill. In Oberstdorf, we saw one of the moste exciting team competitions on the 90m hill. But that's another thing, which has to be decided by the FIS, if there are three or four jumping competitions.

Kasai and Okabe - the two oldies - are in great shape and i think that both will have a ticket for the team. Kasai jumped great in willingen and i think he is the last jumper of the team (in group 4).

Ito was Nr.4 in Willingen, but he normally starts at first. Okabe will get Bip 2 or 3, the final place will be shooted out between Watase, Shohei Tochimoto and Yuaso, i think.

If Kasai will be in perfect shape in Liberec, Okabe can make results between 10 and 20, and the younger guys, especially Daiki Ito will make technical fine jumps, Japan has the Chance to win a medal.

Austria will win gold, if there does not happen something totally strange, but Finland, Norway and Germany has not 4 good jumpers. Thats the difference to the last years.

So it will be very close between JPN, GER, FIN, NOR and perhaps Russia!

Funaki1998

Nachwuchsspieler
Yes, but the japanese have to jump better than during the training today... And, we don't know who is the 4th as Shohhei, Fumi and Yuta aren't consistent. So, it will be difficult to have a medal.
As for Tochimoto, I think he should be the number 2 because, the teams often choose to put their best jumper or the second best jumper in the first group...
Maybe Watase can have a chance to be in the team, because one week-end he jumps bad, one week-end he jumps good...

yukijorou1

Japanerdoper
The Japanese team is already on its way to Finland for training. They should arrive in Frankfurt in 1 hour...

Kasai wrote this in his blog tonight after the competition. He doesn't really want to go there though... I can imagine he'd prefer skiflying ;)
He also said his first jump today was a dissapointment after the good trainingsjump.

By the way, where is Watase? I didn't see him... Did they already send him back to Japan and take Tochimoto to Liberec...?

Funaki1998

Nachwuchsspieler
I think Yuta will fly in Obersdorf with Kento, Yoshihiko and Taku if Tochimoto will go in Liberec, to have a team in the team competition even if Taku and Yuta's current technique is not good to fly...

Kento was in Zakopane in COC. He finished 10th the first competition, but it was a competition with strong wind, only one round. But he finished 66th the next day with a bad 102 meters jump...

He was as well bad in Strbske Pleso where he finished only 25th in the individual competition. Kenshiro was 20th and Watanabe/Narita jumped only once... We finished 6th in the team competition with Suzuki instead of Narita, I think it is not a bad result because our junior team is not very effective this year... Anyone knows why Kenshiro is still a junior ?

To finish with recent results, the nordic combined junior team was better in Strbske Pleso than the special jump's one.
First competition : Watabe : 6th, Shimizu : 7th, Kobayashi : 21st, Sasaki : 25th
Second competition (team) : 8th but we were 2nd after the jump
Third competition : Shimizu : 22nd, Sasaki : 32nd, Watabe : 33rd, Furui : 40th

This week, championships in Hakuba :)

yukijorou1

Japanerdoper
I just read that Watase didn't jump because his right knee still hurts after he fell in Willingenl

Ito had a problem with his stomach tuesday evening and could barely move yesterday

Quelle

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:

Funaki1998

Nachwuchsspieler
As for Daiki, it is not a problem I think, he will jump again well soon ! I hope Yuta will jump tomorrow !

Funaki1998

Nachwuchsspieler
87th Japan Championships in Hakuba, K-120 (competition on the K-90 cancelled) :

1 - Higashi : 137 meters the second jump !
2 - Umezaki
3 - Hosoyama
4 - Takayanagi
5 - Funaki
6 - Watanabe
7 - Sakano
8 - K. Endo
9 - Y. Endo
10 - K. Sakurai
11 - Hirabayashi
12 - Tanaka
13 - Yamamoto
14 - Suzuki
15 - H. Yamada
16 - Yoshioka
17 - Kenshiro Ito
19 - Yuumu Harada
22 - Yoshito Watabe
30 - Junshiroh Kobayashi

Complete results : http://www.hakuba.gr.jp/jump/newsfl...2009_All_Japan/AJ_SJ_K120_Result_ALL_M_15.pdf

Flieger

Nachwuchsspieler
Karriere oder nicht???

HI,
ich würde gen mal wissen was mit Funaki Kazuyoshi ist. Er ist beim Weltcup in sapporo 19 geworden, beim coc 2 hinter Okabe aber sonst sieht man Ihn nicht mehr.
Ist er nun noch aktiv oder ist das Skispringen nur noch Hobby für Ihn????? :ueberleg: :ueberleg: :ueberleg:

Benjamin

Zahlenfreund
Er ist beim Weltcup-Springen vor ein paar Wochen in Sapporo angetreten und hat dort auch Punkte geholt.

Oben