Roy Jones über MMA

jkd

Nachwuchsspieler
Roy Jones On MMA:

I think it’s wonderful. I’m a big fan. I watch a lot of it. I never really thought about getting in the cage, but I do love it. I love anybody that fights. That’s just what I am. I’m a fighter and I love anybody that has the heart to go in there and face somebody one on one and fight. You got to love that, you know? Jones On His Favorite Fighter: Rampage is probably my favorite
http://mmatakedown.blogspot.com/2008/01/roy-jones-jr-comments-on-mma-favorite.html

oder:

"I watch it all the time. They have the best fighters fighting the best fighters and that's what boxing needs. You never can tell what will happen in a fight. Look at the last [Chuck] Liddell fight. Bam, 10 seconds it was over. They got that explosion they were waiting for. Boxing didn't get the same explosion out of Mayweather-De La Hoya.

UFC is a great thing, but boxing has to get on it's a game. UFC is the best fighting the best and that what boxing has to do. If you are an ultimate fighter, you are going to fight someone who is going to fight. In UFC, if you lose to a good fighter, you lost, you still know you are good fighter, and you come back the next day and fight again. In boxing, if you lose and that's it. You are done.I lose a few fights they want to tell me I'm washed up and I don't have it no more."

When Jones was asked about his chances with taking a jab at the UFC, he replied with this:
"Now, I can't get on the ground and start wresting because I know nothing about that. But if I hit him before he gets to the ground, he's not going to get up and have the chance to wrestle."
http://www.irishwhipfighting.com/2007/07/roy-jones-jr-talks-ufc.html

rumpf

Nachwuchsspieler
sehr fairer sportsmann der roy. :thumb:

genau wie shannon briggs

HACnews.com: One of your other victories, Ray Mercer, decided after he hung 'em up to try his hand in an MMA cage, and the result against glorified street fighter Kimbo Slice wasn't so great. You've also had a K1 fight before. Has the thought of MMA ever crossed your mind?

BRIGGS: I was actually one of the first guys approached by the UFC in early 2000, I won't say I was one of the very first but one of the first boxers. And I was affiliated with the guys at American Top Team, and I still consider myself a friend and team member, and I went to Vegas to speak with Dana White, and they wanted me to fight the champion at the time, who I think was Tim Sylvia. But we couldn't agree on the terms, for what it was worth to put my body on the line against an MMA grappler. I mean that would be like me trying to play golf. Now if they were in the boxing arena that would be different. But I felt that I was worth more than what they offered. Then I went to Japan to do the K1, and I got the shit kicked out of me, but I still beat him in the first round, but I can still feel it to this day, I mean sometimes just the thought of it hurts. So that's not my forte, I'm going to keep my big ass out of it. It would take me 20 years for me to become a good MMA fighter. I don't have that kind of time on my side. I'm sticking with what I know. I have all respect for it, but it's like me trying to become a surfer right now, it just wouldn't happen. I would hate to meet one of those guys in an alley though.

http://hacnews.com/shannon-briggs-interview.html

Oben