Charlotte Hornets - Dinge, die keinen eigenen Thread verdienen

X-ecutioner

Nachwuchsspieler
Wie dem auch sei, McCants für ein paar Minuten hinter Bell und Hendo ist zu verkraften.

Anderes Thema, hier ein kleiner Teamreport von der offiziellen Homepage:
http://www.nba.com/bobcats/blog_squad_0910.html

-- Bobcats.com's Matt Rochinski | 4:11 pm 9/10/09

Matt Rochinski / Bobcats.com
Gerald Henderson lit it up on Thursday.
This afternoon I had the chance to check out some of the Bobcats players working out on the practice court at Time Warner Cable Arena. I was excited about getting this opportunity, considering today was going to be the one of the largest groups of guys we had in here yet this summer, with a handful of the younger guys and veterans all showing up, including Gerald Wallace, Raja Bell, Nazr Mohammed, Alexis Ajinca and rookies Gerald Henderson and Derrick Brown.

Iron Workers
Before the workout I thought I’d check out the weight room to see who might be in there putting in some extra work before hitting the court and came across Ajinca, Henderson, Brown and Dontell Jefferson getting pushed by Strength and Conditioning Coach Mike Irr. The first thing that struck me was how it looks as if Alexis has bulked up a little here in the offseason. His legs might still look like he’s standing on stilts, but he’s definitely added some bulk to the top of his frame which should help him when he’s pounding around inside.

Nobody was holding back in this workout, which wasn’t very surprising considering that all four of these guys have been putting in some solid work over here since August. These guys get it. When you’re a second-year guy or a rookie trying to earn a spot on the roster, you better be ready by the time training camp opens to show what you got, and these guys seem committed to doing that.

Extra Work
After hitting the weights, these four headed to the court to shoot around a bit while waiting for the others to arrive. You can tell that Derrick Brown and Gerald Henderson have been working out together and have a bit of a rookie bond going here, because as soon as they hit the court they began working on taking outside shots – just inside or outside of the 3-point line with the other one up in their face. That’s good to see, especially from Henderson, whose outside shooting has been questioned by the media in the past. He said it in his draft workout interviews and continues to show that he is a kid who is going to put in the extra work necessary to improve.

NBAE / Getty Images
Raymond Felton was in on Thursday.

There’s Raymond
While the rookies and younger guys were shooting around, the vets started to show up – first was Bell, followed by Wallace, who also arrived at the court with Raymond Felton. For all of you Bobcats fans who keep hitting up our Twitter and Facebook pages asking about Raymond – he’s still in great shape, upbeat and has been working out off and on over here for the past month or so. That has to be a good sign, right?

Feeling It
Once the pickup games started, it appeared that Henderson’s extra work had paid off, as he seemingly couldn’t miss from anywhere on the court. Jumper over Bell from the free throw line extended – got it. A 3-pointer from the left corner – money. Another one, this time over Wallace – count it again. After leading his White Team to three straight wins, Henderson had to leave early to catch a flight, and came off the court all smiles.

“I couldn’t hit anything the last two days,” Henderson said. “I had to come out here and show these guys I can shoot. I went 3-for-4 from 3-point range, too.”

“Yeah, but it’s not right to leave the court after hitting like 15-straight j’s,” Bell said.

But it wasn’t just Henderson’s shooting that was impressive. He also has a knack for finding the open man, something that fits nicely into the Bobcats team mentality of sharing the ball. If Henderson continues to play like this heading into training camp, preseason and into the regular season, the Bobcats might have gotten a steal in the 2009 NBA Draft. Now it is just one day, so let’s stay tuned.

Playing Hard
While Henderson and his teammates on the White Team, including Jefferson, Brown and Ajinca, rolled to three straight wins, the Black Team was struggling. While their veteran savvy might have gotten Bell, Wallace, Felton and Mohammed some quality open looks, it didn’t help them knock shots down. Unfortunately there was a rim on the bucket for the vets today.

“Finally,” Mohammed exclaimed after knocking down a shot in the third game. “I think I’m like 2-for-15 today.”

While their shots might not have been falling, they did make the youngsters earn everything they got on both ends of the floor. Mohammed continuously pounded away at Ajinca in the paint, getting Alexis to showcase some new offensive moves just to get around Nazr. Wallace was flying around all over the floor and getting in everybody’s way while closing every passing lane and challenging Brown to defend him on the break on the defensive end. Felton pestered Jefferson wherever he went on the court, forcing him to make quick decisions with the ball. Bell challenged Henderson on every shot, but as I said before, Henderson hit almost everyone.

The vets showed that even though they might not have played their best basketball and came away shorthanded on the scoreboard, they might not be the ones feeling this one the most tomorrow.

Play of the Day
Alexis Ajinca – enjoy your moment. I’m not sure when you’ll get another one of these again.Ajinca posterized Gerald Wallace midway through the fourth game, rising up and throwing a one-handed dunk down over The Force, leaving everybody in the gym shaking their heads in disbelief.

:D

emkaes

Nachwuchsspieler
Felton nimmt die QO. Jetzt ist die Frage, ob Felton eine so bombige Saison spielen wird, dass er in der FA nächstes Jahr einen guten Zahler findet. Wenn er richtig brennt, könnte ein Team, dass keinen der Superstars an Land zieht, versucht sein, einen Gutteil des freien Geldes an Felton zu überweisen.

Bisher ist Felton aber den Nachweis schuldig geblieben, dass er selbst ein "second tier" Star sein kann. Was mich ein wenig stutzig macht, ist das Gerücht, dass Felton angeblich ein langjährigen Deal im MLE Bereich haben wollte. Das hätten die Cats bezahlen können und vielleicht auch sollen (MLE liegt doch in etwa in der Höhe der QO - also bei 5,5 Millionen?).

Die Chancen, dass Felton bleibt sind damit ein ganzes Stück gesunken, aber unmöglich ist der Verbleib nicht. Kommt auch drauf an, ob und wie LB jetzt die Minuten im Backcourt verteilt.

Goldesel

Nachwuchsspieler
Nach langem hin und her unterschreibt Felton nun die Qualifying Offer bei den Bobcats über 1 Jahr und $5.5 Mio. Die Konditionen passen halbwegs. Zwar wäre es in Charlotte mal an der Zeit für einen neuen PG, aber nur Augustin, der zugegeben mehr Shooter als Playmaker ist, wäre wohl zu wenig gewesen. Vielleicht setzt man halt auf den nächsten Sommer oder jmd. holt sich den auslaufenden Vertrag via Trade.

X-ecutioner

Nachwuchsspieler
Nach langem hin und her unterschreibt Felton nun die Qualifying Offer bei den Bobcats über 1 Jahr und $5.5 Mio. Die Konditionen passen halbwegs. Zwar wäre es in Charlotte mal an der Zeit für einen neuen PG, aber nur Augustin, der zugegeben mehr Shooter als Playmaker ist, wäre wohl zu wenig gewesen. Vielleicht setzt man halt auf den nächsten Sommer oder jmd. holt sich den auslaufenden Vertrag via Trade.

Playmaker-Skill hat er ebenfalls, obwohl er natürlich eher der Typ Scorer, bzw. Shoot-First-PG ist.

Was Felton angeht, bin ich froh, dass er das QO unterzeichnet hat. In den vergangenen 4 Jahren hat er nicht wirklich überzeugt, und nun bekommt er die letzte Gelegenheit uns vom Gegenteil zu überzeugen. Wieso also einen Point Guard, der weder einen Wurf, noch überdurchschnittliche Spielaufbaufähigkeiten hat, langfristig binden, wenn sich hinter ihm jemand befindet, der all die Fähigkeiten mit sich bringt, weniger kostet, und auch noch jünger ist?

Hier noch eine News, wir sind wohl an Flip Murray interessiert:
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/09/21/keith-bogans-will-sign-with-spurs/

Der ideale 6. Mann, und Scorer von der Bank. 13PPG auf 25 Minuten, bei guten Quoten nehme ich jederzeit gerne.

emkaes

Nachwuchsspieler
Der ideale 6. Mann, und Scorer von der Bank. 13PPG auf 25 Minuten, bei guten Quoten nehme ich jederzeit gerne.

Und was machen wir mit Hendo? Funktionieren könnte es aber. Instant Offense können wir gebrauchen. Müsste halt mit DJ ausbalanciert werden. Der hat diese Rolle ja teilweise im letzten Jahr übernommen. Die Chancen dürften dabei nicht schlecht stehen. Denver hat ja nun erst White geholt. Da könnte ich mir vorstellen, dass man nicht noch Murray holen möchte.

X-ecutioner

Nachwuchsspieler
Und was machen wir mit Hendo?

Der wird genug Spielzeit bekommen. Die Minuten von Bell wird Brown bestimmt etwas reduzieren, da er auch nicht mehr der Jüngste ist, und wir ihn für die Playoffs schonen müssen. :belehr:
Falls wir Small spielen, kann man Hendo auch für ein paar Minuten auf die 3 setzen.

Murray hat bestimmt keine hohen Ansprüche und ist sich seiner Rolle bewusst. Einen Veteranen wie ihn, nehme ich eher, als den doofen McCants, an dem wir angeblich auch Interesse haben.

http://aboverim.blogspot.com/2009/09/mccants-wants-to-change-perceptions.html

emkaes

Nachwuchsspieler
Kann man eigentlich nicht viel falsch machen für die bi-annual exception.

Ich frage mich nur, wie er in LBs System zurechtkommen wird. Was die Defense und die Passfähigkeiten angeht, bin ich bei ihm jetzt spontan mal skeptisch. Kann ihn da jemand genauer einschätzen?

Goldesel

Nachwuchsspieler
Für den Preis wirklich Top! Und das Denver ihm James White vorgezogen hat, noch mehr Top!

Bin gespannt, ob er sich auch in Charlotte die Position des 6th Man erkämpft. In Atlanta war er anfänglich auch nur als Ergänzung gedacht und lief dann fix einen Maurice Evans den Rang als 6th Man neben Pachulia ab.
Ansonsten mehr SG als PG. Kann den Ball bringen keine Frage, kann ein Spiel zur Not auch ordnen, verfügt für einen Zweier auch über ein passables Passspiel und die Defense gefiel mir bei den Hawks, die zugegeben oft eine starke Team-Defense gespielt haben, auch recht ordentlich. Kein Spezialist, aber keineswegs offen wie ein Scheunentor. Zudem einen recht sicheren Wurf und unaufgeregt. Für 20-25 Minuten, 10-12 Punkte und 2-3 Assits im Schnitt sollte er gut sein.

El_Residento

Nachwuchsspieler
Murray Signs $1.99M Deal With Charlotte

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/61752/20090924/murray_signs_$199m_deal_with_charlotte/

:thumb:

Das wird der Teamharmonie alle mal besser bekommen, als es mit einem AI gewesen wäre. Ich denke, dass gute Firepower von der Bank bringen wird, auch wenn ich ihn teilweise als "Ballerer" in Erinnerung habe.
Larry Brown sollte ihm jedoch schnell seine Rolle klar machen und wenn er trotzdem meint sich dem widersetzten zu wollen, wird er auch recht schnell in die Schranken gewiesen werden.

emkaes

Nachwuchsspieler
Angeblich hat Felton eine langjährige Verlängerung abgelehnt, die ihm rund 7 Millionen jährlich gebracht hätte.

Na dann, herzlichen Glückwunsch. Auf dem freien Markt wird er die auch 2010 nicht erzielen, wenn er nicht eine Bombensaison spielt.

7 Millionen sind gut und kein knausriges Angebot. Wenn wir ihn dafür 2010 wieder unterschreiben ließen, wäre ich ganz zufrieden.

6 wären natürlich noch besser und der marktinduzierte Abschlag. :kgz:

X-ecutioner

Nachwuchsspieler
Ist doch schon seit ein paar Wochen bekannt. Angeblich wollte er einen ähnlichen Deal, wie ihn Williams von den Hawks bekommen hat.

Jetzt soll er bitte erst mal beweisen, dass er mehr als 7 Millionen pro Jahr verdient. 15/8/3 bei überdurchschnittlichen Quoten werden jetzt erwartet.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/bobcats/story/983843.html

“This game is a great game if it's played the right way and you have high character guys,” Brown says about Felton.

Last season's MVP probably was Gerald Wallace or Boris Diaw.

“But this is my team and I want to help everybody,” says Felton.

When did the Bobcats become your team?

“Last year,” he says. “I'm the point guard and the leader. So I took that role. And I'm going to keep it.”

Das wollen wir doch mal sehen. Jetzt hoffe ich erst recht, auf eine Bombensaison von DJ.

Oben