O-Scoring: Beyer vs. Green (inkl. Nachbesprechung)

Daniel-MrBoxing

Nachwuchsspieler
Also according to you. I hope I don't have to teach active referee's how to READ. Just READ point b of WC-32 :Unintentional head butt. When a boxer is CUT due to an unintentional head butt, as per the discretion of the referee, the uncut boxer will receive a one-(1) point deduction. This rule does not apply in the USA."

I will explain this rule and how it should be READ: when the referee rules it unintentional he MUST deduct a point outside the US. The "discretion" of the referee is to rule it. a) legal punches, b) unintentional, c) Intentional. THIS is the referees DISCRETION. The discretion is NOT whether he deducts a point or not!!!! But when he rules it unintentional then he HAS to deduct the point (outside the US). It is correct that he did not show the point deductions because he is an American referee. He just told the judges and supervisor that he ruled it an accidental butt. So this means automatically minus 1 point. He made the mistake (beacuse he is not used to do so in the US) to show it to everybody!

Bismarck

Nachwuchsspieler
381976089.jpg

Hier ist Beyer in Großaufnahme.

Daniel-MrBoxing

Nachwuchsspieler
To Jstrauss:

I do not understand why you say that the ref thought it could go on. Why did he then not simply deduct the 2 points and say BOX. No he deducted the 2 points and then WITHOUT any punches thrown he went to the doctor. So he was not so sure after all if the fight could go on...

But I stop the discussion here as there is a strong feeling that in this forum some people do not look for what really happened (good or bad) but just go to the side to argue. Nothing positives comes out of those people. They just like criticize and for that purpose they choose the side that fits them the best...

H

Herr Rauschenbach

@bismarck

ich seh oben nur dieses schnitt-delta. sollda unter der blutlache noch etwas sein?

ich dachte da eher an ein bild von der anschließenden pk:( , weil so bin ich genauso schlau wie zuvor.

jstrauss

Nachwuchsspieler
Original geschrieben von Daniel-MrBoxing
Also according to you. I hope I don't have to teach active referee's how to READ. Just READ point b of WC-32 :Unintentional head butt. When a boxer is CUT due to an unintentional head butt, as per the discretion of the referee, the uncut boxer will receive a one-(1) point deduction. This rule does not apply in the USA."

I will explain this rule and how it should be READ: when the referee rules it unintentional he MUST deduct a point outside the US. The "discretion" of the referee is to rule it. a) legal punches, b) unintentional, c) Intentional. THIS is the referees DISCRETION. The discretion is NOT whether he deducts a point or not!!!! But when he rules it unintentional then he HAS to deduct the point (outside the US). It is correct that he did not show the point deductions because he is an American referee. He just told the judges and supervisor that he ruled it an accidental butt. So this means automatically minus 1 point. He made the mistake (beacuse he is not used to do so in the US) to show it to everybody!

Dear Sir,

I don't argue about the fact that he MUSt deduct a point the way you describe it. But that's not the rule. You say:

"when the referee rules it unintentional he MUST deduct a point outside the US. The "discretion" of the referee is to rule it. a) legal punches, b) unintentional, c) Intentional. "

I figured you didn't take the time to read my post and the rules precisely, and I can't blame you. It's quite a long story. Do me a favor and read THIS and the rule only:

WC-32 :Unintentional head butt. When a boxer is CUT due to an unintentional head butt, as per the discretion of the referee, the uncut boxer will receive a one-(1) point deduction. This rule does not apply in the USA."

Do you see the word CUT in there? Hope so! Did you mention the word CUT in your explanation? Unfortunately not. And it's a major issue of rule WC-32. Because you don't just deduct a point because of an unintentional head butt. You HAVE to do it ,outside the US, when a boxer is CUT due to an unintentional head butt. This shows once again how hard it is to read rules. Now, did you see cuts occur because of unintentional head butts in round 2 and early in round 5? Because if there NO cut involved we simply look at rule WC-34. And THERE a point deduction is no MUST. Because:

"All fouls recognized by boxing authorities shall be penalized by warnings from the referee and point deduction(s), at the discretion of the referee, after two warnings."

Mark the last part!!

E

Employee #41283

@ der alte Mann

In einem anderen Forum schreibst Du:
"Ein guter Ringrichter hätte den Kampf direkt nach dem Headbutt abgebrochen und Green disqualifiziert und gut wäre es gewesen."

Sehr richtig! Ich habe ja hier schon mehrmals geschrieben, daß ich mich so verhalten hätte, wäre ich der Ringrichter gewesen.

Freut mich, daß Du mich für einen guten Kampfrichter hältst!
:cool3: :saint: :thumb:

Das ich sowas noch erleben kann!:jubel:

jstrauss

Nachwuchsspieler
To Jstrauss:

I do not understand why you say that the ref thought it could go on. Why did he then not simply deduct the 2 points and say BOX. No he deducted the 2 points and then WITHOUT any punches thrown he went to the doctor. So he was not so sure after all if the fight could go on...

because Beyer and his corner were standing around as if they did not want to continue. So this Ref, who obviously didn't have the strongest character around, messed up because he didn't knnow what to do. HE deducted the points, and you deduct those points ONLY if you think the other party can continue. He should have told them right away to get on with the fight or lose a TKO. All hell broke lose, so he was totally confused after he deducted the points and he saw team beyer just stand there. Even the Doctor said in the post fight interview that he thought the fight could go on.

Kali

Bankspieler
Ich dachte bisher, dass der Ringarzt neutral zu sein hat.
Dieser Ringarzt hat jedoch selbst in der ARD gesagt, dass er den Kampf abbrechen wollte, da er von einer DQ für Green ausging. Er brach also nicht ab, weil Beyer kampfunfähig war, sondern weil er einen DQ-Sieg für Beyer erwartete.

Das kann es doch nicht sein!!

Wieso ist es nicht vorgeschrieben einen neutralen, am besten aus einem Drittland stammenden Ringarzt zu bestellen??

Das kann ich einfach nicht verstehen:confused:

Zu einer etwaigen Revanche
Beyer muss sich ja zuerst Lucas stellen, sollte der Fight in Kanada stattfinden, würde Beyer sicherlich, und wohl auch zu Recht, verlieren, es sei denn er steigert sich enorm.

Der alte Mann

Nachwuchsspieler
Original geschrieben von hanffro
@ der alte Mann

In einem anderen Forum schreibst Du:
"Ein guter Ringrichter hätte den Kampf direkt nach dem Headbutt abgebrochen und Green disqualifiziert und gut wäre es gewesen."

Sehr richtig! Ich habe ja hier schon mehrmals geschrieben, daß ich mich so verhalten hätte, wäre ich der Ringrichter gewesen.

Freut mich, daß Du mich für einen guten Kampfrichter hältst!
:cool3: :saint: :thumb:

Das ich sowas noch erleben kann!:jubel:
Habe ich jemals was anderes behauptet? :saint:
Ich halte dich nur für einen unfähigen Punktrichter wenn Fr. Halmich im Ring steht...:D

E

Employee #41283

@ jstrauss

Selbst wenn Beyer noch kampffähig gewesen sei/war/wäre/schien (such Dir das raus, was Dir am Besten gefällt), hätte Green wegen grober Unsportlichkeit disqualifiziert werden können/dürfen/müssen/sollen (auch hier such Dir ein für Dich passendes Wort aus).
Ein Boxer darf (und das ist in diesem Fall das treffende Wort) auch dann disqualifiziert werden, falls der Gegner theoretisch und praktisch noch weiterboxen kann!:thumb:

Daniel-MrBoxing

Nachwuchsspieler
Question to JSTRAUSS:

Here is how I would have acted to avoid all confusion (or the less possible confision):
Head butt, stop, the referee says what he rules (accidental or intentional), if needed goes to the doctor who decides that it can go on, the referee deducts 1 point if he had shouted accidental and 2 points if he had said intentional and then says BOX on. And if the doctor says he cannot go on he then deducts 1 point if he had said accidental and asks the judges for their scorecard of the running round (if the 5th started) or disqualifies inmediately if he had ruled it intentional. I agree that the ref screwed it again when he first deducted the 2 points and then went to the doctor.

jstrauss

Nachwuchsspieler
@ jstrauss

Selbst wenn Beyer noch kampffähig gewesen sei/war/wäre/schien (such Dir das raus, was Dir am Besten gefällt), hätte Green wegen grober Unsportlichkeit disqualifiziert werden können/dürfen/müssen/sollen (auch hier such Dir ein für Dich passendes Wort aus).
Ein Boxer darf (und das ist in diesem Fall das treffende Wort) auch dann disqualifiziert werden, falls der Gegner theoretisch und praktisch noch weiterboxen kann!:thumb:

Ich suche aber nicht raus was mir am besten gefaellt. Ich sage was die Regeln sind und das der Ref NUR zwei Punkten abziehen koennte wenn er der Meinung war das Beyer weiter koennte. Basta!

Natuerlich haette der Ref Green auch gleich disqualifizieren koennen. Das hat er aber nicht gemacht. Zwei Punkten wegnehmen nach der ERSTE "intentional head butt" war schon eine gerechte Straffe finde ich.

Patrick

Nachwuchsspieler
Original geschrieben von Der alte Mann
Habe ich jemals was anderes behauptet? :saint:
Ich halte dich nur für einen unfähigen Punktrichter wenn Fr. Halmich im Ring steht...:D

Hanffro wollte so unparteiisch sein (wegen Regina), dass er am Ende ein Fehlurteil in die andere Richtung produziert hat :laugh2:

E

Employee #41283

Original geschrieben von Patrick
Hanffro wollte so unparteiisch sein (wegen Regina), dass er am Ende ein Fehlurteil in die andere Richtung produziert hat :laugh2:

@ Patrick

Das war aber kein Fehlurteil, wie mir aus berufenem Munde zugetragen wurde!:cool3:

Bismarck

Nachwuchsspieler
@ jstrauss

Nur wäre es schön gewesen, wenn er sofort entsprechend gehandelt hätte. Green war verwarnt, war bereits mit Punktabzug bestraft, insofern wäre eine Disqualifikation wegen wiederholten, absichtlichen Kopfstoßens sicherlich im Bereich des Möglichen gewesen und keiner hätte sich beschweren können, nicht mal das Green-Lager, das ja selbst zugegeben hat, daß Green mit Vorsatz gehandelt hat.

Dass es so eben nicht kam, hat uns jetzt diese Riesendiskussion eingetragen, die an sich überflüssig hätte sein können. :(

jstrauss

Nachwuchsspieler
Question to JSTRAUSS:

Here is how I would have acted to avoid all confusion (or the less possible confision):
Head butt, stop, the referee says what he rules (accidental or intentional), if needed goes to the doctor who decides that it can go on, the referee deducts 1 point if he had shouted accidental and 2 points if he had said intentional and then says BOX on. And if the doctor says he cannot go on he then deducts 1 point if he had said accidental and asks the judges for their scorecard of the running round (if the 5th started) or disqualifies inmediately if he had ruled it intentional. I agree that the ref screwed it again when he first deducted the 2 points and then went to the doctor.

Again we go to the topic of READING:

Cuts. In the event of a cut, the referee shall consult with the ring doctor to determine if the bout should continue. The ring doctor will hand the WBC red card before the referee to indicate danger to the boxer’s health and request the fight to be stopped. The referee must consider the doctor’s opinion regarding the risks to the boxer’s integrity. However, only the referee is authorized to stop the bout, and will have the final decision.

Now I really start to feel like a teacher. It's not the Doc who decides if a fight can continue. It's the REF. I agree he made terrible mistakes, but there no way around the fact that he thought Beyer could continue. otherwise there was NO way he could deduct 2 points at once. Also read the comments made by others about the Doctor's comments after the fight. All will be clear then. Normally. :idiot:
I don't mean to offend you but I read in your profile that you are an international Ref. With all due respect: if it's so hard for Referees to read and apply the rules correctly, it's really no wonder things like this happen. I could even imagine that unscrupulous promoters take advantage of the inability of Referees and sanctioning bodies to apply rules correctly. The lack of back-bone of those involved included. The man we saw in action yesterday should never be allowed to set foot in the ring again. (the Ref of course...not Beyer) I repeat what I said before: the WBC managed to go from being the absolute #1 sanctioning body, to the level of a WBF or WBO within 3 years. It's a crying shame. There will be a lot more cases like the Rocky case that will fall on their plate if they continue to work like this.

Patrick

Nachwuchsspieler
@ Patrick

Das war aber kein Fehlurteil, wie mir aus berufenem Munde zugetragen wurde!:cool3:

Na gut. Ich denke wir werden die Abweichung um EINEN GANZEN PUNKT nochmal durchgehen lassen, obwohl es bei einem Kampf von dieser Wichtigkeit nicht vorkommen sollte. Du hättest dich etwas weniger mit Frl. Halmichs Hinterteil beschäftigen sollen. ;)

E

Employee #41283

@ jstrauss

Natürlich stimme ich Dir zu,betreffend das was Du über den Ringarzt schreibst.
Der handelte wie ein BDB-Funktionär, der die Interessen des BDB-Boxers vertritt und nicht wie ein unbeeinflußter, unbeeinflußbarer und neutraler Ringarzt, der er sein sollte!:mad:

Da gibt es nur eine Lösung: bei internationalen Titelkämpfen sollen nicht nur Supervcisor, Punkt-und Ringrichter, sondern auch Ringarzt von einem Drittverband stammen (also weder vom Verband oder Ursprungsland des Boxers A noch vom Verband oder Ursprungsland des Boxers B).:licht:
Also auch keine ukrainischen Ringärzte wenn z.B. Dr Wladimir boxt!:teufel:

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
E

Employee #41283

Original geschrieben von Patrick
Du hättest dich etwas weniger mit Frl. Halmichs Hinterteil beschäftigen sollen. ;)

Es war aber nicht Frl. Halmichs Hinterteil, sondern das imposante Oberteil einer anderen Blondine!:p

Oben