"Sugar" Ray Leanord comments on UFC

Deffid

Bankspieler
I was listening to a national syndicated radio show on ESPN Radio this morning, the Collin Cowheard show. He had Sugar Ray on in the last hour to promote the Contender season 2. After about 5 minutes of boxing and contendor talk, the host asks Sugar Ray what he thinks of Ultimate Fighting, and if he thinks its a threat to boxing. Sugar Ray went on to say that he really likes Ultimate Fighting. He goes on to say what athletes that these guys really are, and that they(ultimate fighters) have compelling stories. He also states that he enjoys watching the pay per views and trys to watch them if he has the time. He also says they promote the fighters much better than Boxing does. Then the host explains that in Ultimate Fighting you generally get to see the fights you want (meaning the fans get to see the match ups they want to happen.) Sugar Ray then adds that he does not see the sport slowing down. He also says that Boxing will be fine and he thinks the 2 sports will co-exsist in the mainstream. The good thing I heard in this interview was hearing Sugar Ray say "people think the UFC is no holds barred with no rules, but in actuallity there are rules, its not as barbaric as some critics are claiming it to be. I am a big fan of the UFC and there Fighters, they are incredible athletes."

---------------------------------------------------

Schön auch mal sowas zu hören. :thumb:

Oben