WBC elevates Vargas-Castillejo!

pound4pound

Nachwuchsspieler
WBC elevates Vargas-Castillejo!

The WBC Board of Governors has approved the fight between Fernando Vargas and Francisco Javier Castillejo, which will take place on August 20, as a final eliminator to determine the official challenger for the WBC's super welterweight title. The Board also decided that the winner of the August 13 bout Ricardo Mayorga and Michele Piccirillo for the vacant title must make his first title defense against the official challenger. The new champion will not be allowed to make any other optional defense. If the Vargas-Castillejo winner doesn't accept the decision made by the WBC, the organization will designate the highest available contender starting with Winky Wright.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I regret Fernando Vargas' statement on TV saying that I do not support Mexican fighters, and I find it curious, as I have always been told that I favor Mexican boxers," said WBC president Jose Sulaiman. "I would be more than happy and would widely open the WBC doors to Fernando Vargas, if they accept the fight as a final WBC elimination bout, and if he defeats Castillejo."

Wenn ich die WBC Rankings bei Fightnews anschaue, ist eigentlich Dzinziruk der höchste Contender, denn de la Hoya verzichtet und Wright wird im Mittelgewicht gerankt. Nachdem es wohl zum Agreement zwischen Kohl und King gekommen ist, dass Dzinziruk auf die WBO Titelchance verzichtet, das Luan in Deutschland gegen Brewster kämpfen darf, könnte Dzinziruk doch dort angreifen.

André

Nachwuchsspieler
Ein wirklich interessanter KAmpf!!!!

Ich sehe Vargas aber aufgrund seines Alters leicht in der Favoritenrolle.
Vielleicht auch interessant:Vargas hat gegen de la Hoya durch tko in Runde 11 verloren,Javier ist zumindest über die Runden gekommen.

Noch eine ,,Gemeinsamkeit":beide waren nicht sehr aktiv in den letzten Jahren.......

Oben