San Antonio Spurs: Saison 2017/2018 - Done since 2009

pappel

Bankspieler
BmoL_I5l3r2
BmoL_I5l3r2
http://instagr.am/p/BmoL_I5l3r2/

Bobo23

Bankspieler
Ich verstehe kein Spanisch, aber der Translator deutet Übles an. Nach dem Kommentar von seinem Bruder ("news next week"), den ganzen Familienfotos und diesem Tweet, wird mir langsam schlecht. Parker ist mir nie wirklich ans Herz gewachsen, aber Anderson und vor allem Green taten weh. Alles schade und so, aber MANU? Nein, einfach nein. :(

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:

pappel

Bankspieler
Just two days removed from his 32nd birthday, Rudy Gay walked into a private school gym Sunday in a leafy Baltimore suburb for his Flight 22 Classic looking relaxed, confident and trimmer than usual.
I feel good," the Spurs forward said. "I feel good about this season."
Gay credits his sense of well being to a summer of hard work in the gym and weight room intermingled with his usual full schedule of community involvement and NBA outreach, including playing in the league's Africa Game 2018.

"I've been working hard, man," Gay said at his boys' high school basketball showcase for East Coast teams he hosts annually. "I lost about five pounds. Last year was a little bit of a struggle for me, so I tried to alleviate that by taking the weight off my feet by losing a couple of pounds through working out and eating better. It's now or never right now for me."

And for many reasons.

For starters, Gay is finally 100 percent after last season's valiant but often painful return from the season-ending ruptured left Achilles tendon he suffered in January 2017 with the Sacramento Kings.

"Everything is clicking," he said. "I feel athletic again.

But a bigger reason why he can't wait for training camp to get underway is it will reunite him with DeMar DeRozan, one of his best friends in or out of the NBA.

DeRozan joined the Spurs in July, along with Jakob Poeltl in the blockbuster trade that shipped Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green to the Toronto Raptors.

"That's my brother, man," Gay said of DeRozan. "We talked a lot before this even happened, but since the trade I think we've talked like three times a week."

Gay and DeRozan first met at a lengthy Nike camp in China.
We were forced to hang together every day," he said.

A couple of years later in January 2013, the Memphis Grizzlies traded Gay to the Raptors. He didn't last long in Toronto – they dealt him to the Kings 11 months later – but it was long enough for him to gain a friend for life in DeRozan.

"I obviously knew (former Memphis teammate) Kyle Lowry, and I gravitated toward DeMar because of their relationship," Gay said. "We have been really close ever since. He's as close to family to me as you can get without being blood."

Gay describes DeRozan, 29, as a kindred spirit.
He is just like me," he said. "We stay out of the way. We like to just laugh and joke. I don't know. With some people you meet sometimes it's just instant chemistry. I think that's really going to help us this year."

DeRozan left Toronto angry at the Raptors for dealing him from a city and a situation he loved. The four-time All-Star guard enjoyed being the face of the franchise and he felt betrayed when Toronto dealt him after he had received assurances from its general manager he would be staying put.

pappel

Bankspieler
Rudy Gay Optimistic For DeRozan’s Arrival, Spurs Season

Trading Kawhi Leonard for DeMar DeRozan was likely the biggest move of the summer for the San Antonio Spurs. In landing the Raptors’ All-Star guard DeRozan (and parting with their own All-Star in Leonard), the Spurs embarked on a new era that would no longer have Leonard at the center of just about everything.
Perhaps lost in that shuffle was the team’s re-signing of veteran swingman Rudy Gay, who opted out of his contract and briefly was a free agent this summer. Gay will be playing with an old friend in DeRozan, whom Gay played with in Toronto for nearly a year in 2013 before Gay was dealt to the Sacramento Kings

Some are pointing to the Spurs’ trading of Leonard as a reason San Antonio might slip in the Western Conference hierarchy. Gay sees the opposite, though, and is confident the Spurs come 2018-19. Tom Orsborn of the San Antonio Express-News caught up with Gay at his basketball showcase in Maryland to talk about his health, DeRozan, the season and more:

For starters, Gay is finally 100 percent after last season’s valiant but often painful return from the season-ending ruptured left Achilles tendon he suffered in January 2017 with the Sacramento Kings.

“Everything is clicking,” he said. “I feel athletic again.”

Gay believes DeRozan will fit right in with the Spurs after vowing he would play this season with a chip on his shoulder.

“That’s the thing about this whole team – everybody has a chip on his shoulder,” Gay said.

“His is just more publicized. But, look, I’m healthy (and have something to prove), LaMarcus (Aldridge) always finds someway to have a chip on his shoulder. Jakob wants to prove he can be a great player. DJ (Dejounte Murray) has a chip on his shoulder because he wants to be known as one of the best at his position.

But I think we have a great mix of guys, a great basketball team. (Spurs GM) R.C. (Buford) put together a great team. It will be fun to watch.”

Recent over/under odds by the Westgate SuperBook in Las Vegas have the Spurs at 43.5 wins, which, if realized, would likely keep the Spurs out of the playoff mix in 2019. To Gay, though, such talk is nonsense.

“Why were we expected to be so much better last year? Because Kawhi may have come back? He didn’t, and we were still a playoff team, really a couple of wins away from being a third or fourth seed in the West.”

They don’t have many expectations for us,” Gay said. “But the Spurs always exceed the expectations. Don’t expect anything less this year.”

pappel

Bankspieler
Ich denke auch das man die Spurs auf dem Zettel haben sollte..... Einzig ein Backup Center fehlt mir noch. Poeltl startet und kann sich mit Gasol die Minuten teilen. Aber wenn einer von beiden ausfällt, wirds dünn.

pappel

Bankspieler
Glaub ich nicht so ........ Bleib euch sicher noch 2 Jahre erhalten. Bin auch sehr zufrieden in San Antonio

John Lennon

Moderator Darts & Handball
Teammitglied
Hab jedes Mal, wenn ich den Thread anklicke, weil es einen neuen Beitrag gibt, Angst, dass Manu sein Karriereende verkündet hat.

Bobo23

Bankspieler
Ich verstehe kein Spanisch, aber der Translator deutet Übles an. Nach dem Kommentar von seinem Bruder ("news next week"), den ganzen Familienfotos und diesem Tweet, wird mir langsam schlecht. Parker ist mir nie wirklich ans Herz gewachsen, aber Anderson und vor allem Green taten weh. Alles schade und so, aber MANU? Nein, einfach nein. :(
Ok, ich bin raus...

Oben