🇯🇵 An die Japanfans

Planica239

Nachwuchsspieler
congratulation japan!

Yeah!

Great competition, i said it weeks ago, japan has a quite good chance for the bronze medal, and they made it! Great, i'm happy for Kasai and Okabe, they are fantastic!

After this crazy, unfair and stupid competition yesterday, it's fair for the japanese jumpers winning bronze today, because Kasai, Okabe and Shohei had the worst wind conditions yesterday. Kasai was so strong in the qualification and then did not qualifie for the second round, that was a bit of farce.

But the japanese teams are perfect, the combined team and the jumping team seems to have a fantastic team-spirit.

JAPAN!

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:

Hakuba

J-Fan
OMEDETOO! Congratulations from me, too.

I knew they were strong enough to win an medal and they did. I am so happy that they were able to turn yesterday's frustration into a great jump show.

I think they are in even better shape now than they were two years ago. But they were betrayed in the individual competition yesterday.

Great team, splendid mixture of young and (a bit) older!

Flieger

Nachwuchsspieler
Bronze...

KLASSE!!!
Ich habs leider nicht gesehen aber trotzdem riesen GEIL... :up:

Also wie Okabe das gemacht hat is der HAMMER. Nach dem einzel???
Aber man sieht das Skispringen zu 80% im Kopf gesprungen wird, dass alter is wirklich nicht entscheident... :)

Funaki1998

Nachwuchsspieler
:D::D: Yes !!!

A bronze medal with the same as two years ago.
It's fine for Shohei :
- World Championships : Bronze in Sapporo and Liberec
- World Junior Championships : Silver in 2007, team and individual competition, silver in 2008, individual competition.
- Competition in Hakuba, Summer Grand Prix 2007 winner

For a 19-year-old young, it is a good prize list :D:

Dairyu

Nachwuchsspieler
Shohhei is a very important part of the japanese team at a very young age. He has a lot of potential and has shown to be mentally very strong in important situations. You rarely see him reacting the way he did after his 2nd jump today. Clearly there was a lot of pressure. Shohhei was mentally up for the challenge and delivered a very good performance.
When it most mattered Shohhei was there and did very well. :up:

Funaki1998

Nachwuchsspieler
I think it is possible for him to participate to the last competition in Planica, but he has to win many points. I hope he will jump like in Willingen (friday) and like today during the Nordic tournament !

Dairyu

Nachwuchsspieler
I hope so, too! It would be nice if both Okabe and Tochimoto made it to the Top 30 before the last competition. Okabe's shape is great so things are looking very good for him...Shohhei has always been strong in practice this year (Vancouver and Sapporo too), but in the competition he struggled with lower in-run speed and (often) bad wind conditions. Now he might be full of confidence.
If they make it I think Okabe and Tochimoto have a better chance of achieving good results on the last day in Planica rather than Watase and Yumoto.

Funaki1998

Nachwuchsspieler
I agree with you. Watase is not a great flyer because of his style which is efficient on normal hills. But I think Yumoto is able to achieve good results in ski flying because he is fast in flight.
I am disappointed that Daiki jumps not good all the winter, because he would be among the best flyers with his last summer technique and could beat the japanese record...

Anyone can translate this article please ?
http://www.sponichi.co.jp/hokkaido/n.../02/21/04.html

Hakuba

J-Fan
I suppose you are interested in the part about Funaki (last paragraph). This ist what it says:

"Jump Seniors B: Funaki with bitter smile at 4th place" Funaki Kazuyoshi (F.I.T) who took part in the National Sports Meeting for the second year in a row finished with 73 meters at 4th place. Being faced with bad weather conditions he said: "Whatever competition it is, I have got to produce a (good) result. If I say too much it will sound like an apology. I lost" with a bitter smile.
The former Japanese ace who is feeling the tendency to come in better shape has the Vancouver Olympics in sight: "I will not enlist for next year's National Sports Meeting. It would be not proper because it is at the same time." He praised Yoshioka's victory who has been in bad shape over this season and has now the Miyasama Competition next month in sight.

Funaki1998

Nachwuchsspieler
I suppose you are interested in the part about Funaki (last paragraph).
To be honnest, I searched informations about Yuuya Yamada on Google because I am interested by all the juniors and this is the only article I found about him... I often search informations (articles, pictures, I can't hope videos....) about the juniors. So, the part of this article I was interested was about Yuuya Yamada but it's always fine to have informations about Funaki and Yoshioka because they are jumpers I like very much...
There are sometimes articles about the young on this website, but it is incomprehensible with a translator...

Planica239

Nachwuchsspieler
it would be great when funaki could participate in whistler next year. That would be crazy, but great ;).

But you will never know what the japanese guys are planing ;) .

Had Okabe and Kasai ever thought about retirement? I can't imaging watching ski jumping without kasai ;). But how long can he and takanobu manage this hard sport ? The only problem is the age, becauso they are in perfect shape and have fun and great success!

Hakuba

J-Fan
@ Funaki 1998
Here you are: Part I about Yamada Yûya:
On the 20th, the last day of the Winter National Sports Meeting, (Kokutai) the jumping competitions were held at the Ishiuchimaruyama Schanze in the city of Uonuma and other places. ... Due to bad weather conditions there was only one round in the special jump. The juniors’ competition was won by Yamada Yûya (Hokushô High School) with 80 meters and 111.0 points. It was his first victory. In the seniors’ competition B Yoshioka Kazuya (Tsuchiya Home) won with 78 meters and 107.5 points. ...
The leading jumper in the juniors’ competition after the first round, Yamada Yûya celebrated his first victory. It was the first time he won in a nation-wide scale. The bad weather prevented a second round, but he said with a relaxed-looking face not minding the steady downpour of the rain: “I had the self-confidence for a second jump as well.”
Due to string wind the competition had been delayed for two hours but the rain would not stop. “Under bad conditions I always come in at high ranks” says the 18-year-old with a pleased smile. It turned out as I expected it. Including the seniors I was the only one to reach the K-point. Because of the rough weather the inrun speed was low but I managed a good jump-off.
He is a member of the Japanese National Junior Team, but in the Intercup in the middle of this month he finished with a disappointing 6 place. He told us that before the actual competition someone played a joke on his skis. “This was a shock and influenced me mentally” he says with regrets. From this spring on I do not go to school anymore. To win the last Kaokutai within his school career added to the joy.
Due to the present crisis he has not been able to find a workplace that has a ski club, so he will - while working - enter the Otaru Jump Club and polish his technique there. Yamada gives wide space to his dreams: “I want to start in the World Cup. For this I have to get more and more good results.”

@ Planica239:
Don’t worry. As long as they dont get injured (keep my fingers crossed!) they will go on jumping!

Funaki1998

Nachwuchsspieler
Thank You for the translation. I hope he will be capable of improving in the Otaru Ski Club. Shota Tanaka has difficulties to improve in this club.
Anyone already seen Yuuya Yamada ?

I continue to search informations about the young and I found this article about Yuumu Harada about the first competition in Sapporo in 2009.
With a translator, I think I understood that he was seriously injured with his knees ? Can you sum up this article as well please ?
http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/p-sp-tp0-20090204-457126.html
I think he was a promising jumper. He was already very good when he was 13 years old. For example, I found these results when he was 2nd behind Kenshiro... :
http://www.age.ne.jp/x/sas/sas2005/2004_Ruslts/Jump2004/45Snow/45thYukiJr2.pdf

There were Fis competitions in Zao this week.
Hiroaki Watanabe won the first competition and Shusaku Hosoyama won the second competition. I think it is promising for Hiroaki, he is only 17.
Watase won a fis competition last year in Sapporo in march. I hope Hiroaki will improve like him next year :D:

Izumi Yamada retires this winter :(

Dairyu

Nachwuchsspieler
Watanabe was consistent in these competitions with a decent 5th place the next day!
Funaki and Higashi a bit too far behind, don't you think?
Though there was not a lot of difference between Watanabe who finished 5th and Funaki who ended up 11th in the second competition....
Funaki has had a better season than in 2007/08, but as of right now he is not able to consistently end up ahead of other japanese who do not belong to the A-Team..

As far as the youngsters are concerned would you rank Watanabe as our No.2 most promising jumper behind Sakuyama right now?
It would be great if he improved like Watase, but he has got time on his side.

Oben