Calzaghe vs Ashira / Khan vs Carey LIVE (incl. Online Scoring)

CHAOS

Nachwuchsspieler
10. Runde

10:9 Calzaghe

Der Ashira ist sein Geld echt nicht wert. Der bekommt es nichtmal auf die Reihe gegen einen angeschlagenen Boxer einen guten Kampf zu machen

CHAOS

Nachwuchsspieler
Calzaghe gewinnt DEUTLICH nach Punkten!!!

Jetzt kann Lacy kommen... das wird ein Fight *träum*

CHAOS

Nachwuchsspieler
Mein Gott, war das für eine Vorführung von Ashira!

Calzaghe vs Lacy ...is next!!!
:jubel: :jubel: :jubel:

CHAOS

Nachwuchsspieler
Hauptsache er findet überhaupt statt!!!

Wen seht ihr bei Calzaghe vs Lacy vorne?

Ich denke das entscheidene wird sein WO der Kampf stattfinden wird. Und ich denke nicht das Warren es schafft den Kampf in die UK zu holen. Deshalb denke ich das am Schluss mit dem King Factor Jeff Lacy gewinnt.

F

Francois

Bei Calzaghe - Lacy halte ich es für nicht so wichtig wo der Kmapf stattfindet.
Würde mich wundern wenn der über die Runden geht.

Für mich ist Calzaghe immer noch der beste Boxer im SMW.

Patrick

Nachwuchsspieler
By Ant Evans: IBF super-middleweight champion Jeff Lacy's promoter Gary Shaw didn't waste a microsecond in launching a savage attack on Joe Calzaghe following the WBO title-holder's withdrawal from a pencilled-in November 5 unification fight in London, England.

Calzaghe beat Evans Ashira in Cardiff, Wales, on an enormously wide points decision but fought the last eight rounds with only his southpaw right arm. Calzaghe, now unbeaten in 40 fights, said he was in agony from the third round on after connecting with an uppercut.

But Shaw plain doesn't buy it, saying that Calzaghe and his promoter Frank Warren are running scared from Lacy.

Speaking to SecondsOut, the American promoter spat: "Joe Calzaghe is a disgrace. I don't believe this injury is legit. He never, ever wanted to fight Jeff Lacy. There are some fighters who are willing to fight anyone, anytime - and there are fighters who just don't fit in that warrior category. Joe Calzaghe is one of the later. I just think this is criminal."

Lacy himself added: "I suspected all along that Calzaghe didn't want any of this. I kinda prepared myself for it but it is still disappointing."

And Shaw raged on: "I said all along that they'd get an injury excuse come September 11. That's why Calzaghe - in interviews - was saying the Lacy fight may not happen while Jeff and I were doing everything possible to make this fight happen. We agreed to come to the UK to fight, but still Joe Calzaghe pulls this.

"I never thought they'd fight us, I always suspected it was all a bluff. I'm disappointed and disgusted in Calzaghe and I'm sorry for the boxing fans of the UK.

"I'm so disappointed for the fans in the UK, I've been to Ricky Hatton fights and Calzaghe fights in the UK and the fans over there are tremendous and they've been let down by Calzaghe. They must feel so embarrassed by Joe Calzaghe and they deserve so much better.

"I never understood why Calzaghe and Warren took this fight with a 5ft 7inch middleweight (Ashira) eight weeks before they had a huge fight ahead of them. It was a meaningless fight and Calzaghe has now used it as a way of getting out of the fight."

When I pointed out that the long-reigning WBO champion has a well-documented history of hurting his hands and elbows in fights and that Calzaghe didn't use his left hand at all from rounds four to 12, well, Shaw was having none of it...

He said: "If Joe Calzaghe's bones are really that brittle then he has to quit boxing right now - tonight - because if these injuries are for real then he's got some sort of brittle bone (disorder) and he's gonna wind up as a paraplegic. For the sake of his life style for the rest of his life, he should quit boxing if he really is getting injured all the time like this."

Shaw added that, suspecting Calzaghe would 'twist a toenail' all along, he has another big name opponent already lined up for Lacy, who will now probably defend on the November 5 date in his hometown of St Petersburg, Florida, where he's a huge attraction.

Meanwhile Warren, who is having a miserable week what with Ricky Hatton signing a co-promotional deal with rival UK promoters Fight Academy, said immediately after the Calzaghe fight that he hoped the Lacy bout could be re-arranged for February.

Warren told ITV: "Joe is never going to be ready for that (November date) so we'll try to rearrange it for next year. It is frustrating for Joe but these things happen in boxing. It is a great shame. We'll do the fight early next year, maybe February."

Shaw retorted: "Tell Frank Warren that he and Joe Calzaghe don't rule 168lbs (12stone) anymore. Garry Shaw Promotions and Jeff Lacy rule the division and if he is actually serious about February then he should bring Calzaghe to the United States of America because that's the only way he'll ever see Jeff Lacy again. I have absolutely no interest in wasting my time with Joe Calzaghe once more."

Ich fand es lustig wie der britische Sender Calzaghe im Preview immer wieder Journeyman Joe nannte. Wann kommt denn der karrieredefinierende Fight Journeyman Joe? Dann fing Calzaghe an seine Situation mit Marvin Hagler zu vergleichen. :D

Selbst die Briten haben mittlerweile die Faxen Dicke. Ashira war als Gegner an Lächerlichkeit nun kaum zu überbieten. Was hat ein körperlich völlig unterlegener durchschnittlicher Mittelgewichtler mit schlechtem Kinn in einem WM-Kampf zu suchen. Wenn ich chronische Handprobleme habe, und den Kampf mit Lacy wirklich will, dann bringe ich den Kampf nicht durch so eine dämliche Titelverteidigung in Gefahr.

S

sabatai

Ashira war als Gegner wirklich ein Witz. Ein Glück das Hatton sich von diesem Hochstapler getrennt hat!

Oben