Eddie Guerrero passes away

Craw1

Nachwuchsspieler
Eddie Guerrero passes away
Nov. 13, 2005

WWE is deeply saddened by the news that Eddie Guerrero has passed away. He was found dead this morning in his hotel room in Minneapolis. Eddie is survived by his wife Vickie and his two daughters.

Schocknachricht.
Hab am freitag glaub ichw ars noch Smackdown nach langer Zeit wieder geguckt...........und dann das. Er war einer meiner früheren Favorites...

Angliru

Administrator
Teammitglied
Hui, ist aber echt ne Schocknachricht. War ja auch derzeit einer der absoluten Größen bei Smackdown. Ist schon klar, warum?

ThoMac

Hier noc hwas dazu:
Eddie Guerrero was found in his hotel room in Minneapolis with his toothbrush in his mouth. He apparently died while brushing his teeth. At this point, the belief among WWE personnel is that Guerrero died of heart failure.

Shortly after Guerrero's body was found and removed from the room, Chris Benoit, Rey Mysterio, Dean Malenko and Chavo Guerrero visited the hotel room to say their goodbyes. WWE wrestlers and staffers were visibly shaken and emotional while leaving the hotel to go the Target Center, the site of tonight's Raw/Smackdown taping. Word from WWE sources is that the tenor of tonight's taping will be dramatically different and that the Smackdown show will need to be revised.

Blayde

Bankspieler
Hat mich echt geschockt ... einer der besten Wrestler ever, der seine Drogenprobleme doch eigentlich schon hinter sich gelassen hatte.

RIP Eddie :(

Angliru

Administrator
Teammitglied
Er sollte heute noch ein Titel-Match gegen Batista und Randy Orton bekommen, da Batista aufgrund einer Rückenverletzung lange ausfällt.

Boss Hog Corleone

Bankspieler
Gerade erhalte ich über ICQ 'ne Nachricht:

"-- Das ist der offiezielle Eddie Guerrero Gedenk-Kettenbrief:
-Wenn du Eddie Guerrero Fan bist
-Wenn du seine Aktionen magst
-Wenn du in irgendeiner Form Wrestlingfan bist
Dann schicke diesen Brief an so viele Leute wie möglich. Wenn du diesen Brief weiterschickst, zeigst du, dass du ein wirklicher Eddie Guerrero-Fan bist"

Dann hab ich mir erstmal gedacht, was den los sei und wieso Gedenkbrief (ich informier mich in letzter Zeit gar nicht mehr über Wrestling und hab deswegen davon nichts mitbekommen) und dann schau ich auf WWE-Germany seh die schreckliche Nachricht:

"Unser aktueller No. 1 Contender ist heute im laufe des Tages verstorben. Er wurde tot in seinem Hotelzimmer aufgefunden. Näheres dazu ist noch nicht bekannt. Eddie starb im Alter von nur 38 Jahren und hinterlässt seine Frau Vickie sowie seine drei Töchter. Sobald uns mehr dazu vorliegt setzen wir euch darüber in Kenntnis."

R.I.P. Eddie :(

NilsNBA

Nachwuchsspieler
Ich bin einfach nur traurig und geschockt. Habs vor ein paar Stunden beim Observer gelesen. Oh meine Güte...

Spree

Bankspieler
einfach nur unglaublich, bin immer noch im schockzustand! :( war seit mehr als 10 jahren von seinen wrestlerischen künsten begeistert sowohl in der wcw als auch wwe, mein herzliches beileid an seine familie.

Cânhamo

Von uns geschieden im Jahr 2015
Mein Gott!
Wieder ein Wrestler, der jung stirbt!
Anabolikamissbrauch?

Teddy78

Nachwuchsspieler

Rest in Peace Eddie :(

PS: Man muss wohl die heutige Autopsie abwarten.....Im moment geht man allerdings von einer Überdosis oder Selbstmord per absichtlicher Überdosis aus....

ThoMac

Ich würde auch Überdosis vermuten.
Selbstmord kann ich mir nicht vorstellen ...
Da er am nächsten Abend wohl Champion werden sollte, hat er sich evtl. etwas zuviel eingeworfen :(

Aber lassen wir lieber die Spekulationen ... und warten das Autopsie-Ergebnis ab!

Teddy78

Nachwuchsspieler
@ThoMac:

richtig....

ich habe gerade diesen Artikel aus einer Zeitung aus Minneapolis von nem Kumpel aus den USA zugesandt bekommen:

'WWE Smackdown!' Star Guerrero Dies

MINNEAPOLIS - Eduardo Gory Guerrero, a World Wrestling Entertainment superstar was found dead in his hotel room Sunday in Minneapolis, where he was scheduled to appear that evening in a WWE Supershow. He was 38.

When he didn't respond to a wake-up call, hotel security at Minneapolis Marriott City Center and Guerrero's nephew and fellow WWE wrestler, Chavo Guerrero, forced their way into the room, police said.

There were no apparent signs of foul play or suicide, police said. An autopsy was planned at the Hennepin County medical examiner's office.

He was a featured star on the UPN series "WWE Smackdown!" and son of Mexican wrestler Gory Guerrero.

Chavo Guerrero and McMahon said Guerrero was open about his past drug and alcohol abuse but they said he'd been sober for four years.

In February 2004, Guerrero became the second wrestler of Hispanic heritage to be WWE champion when he defeated Brock Lesnar, a former University of Minnesota wrestling standout. Guerrero lost the title four months later.

In May 2004, UPN aired the special "Cheating Death, Stealing Life: The Eddie Guerrero Story." The one-hour program chronicled his childhood and his struggle with drug addiction that almost cost him his job, family and life before his recovery and eventual capture of the WWE championship.

NilsNBA

Nachwuchsspieler
Teddy78 schrieb:
Selbstmord per absichtlicher Überdosis aus....[/QUOTE]

So ein Bullshit! Du kennst ihn kein bißchen, oder? Kenn ihn natürlich auch nicht persönlich, aber hab so viele Berichte zu ihm gesehen, Biographie und so viel von anderen Wrestlern und Co vor seinem Tod über ihn gehört. Der hat seine Familie sowas von geliebt, das hätte er nicht gemacht.

Denke leider auch, dass er zu viele Painkiller (vor allem) und Steroide genommen hat. Auch wenn es fürchterlich ist darüber nach seinem Tod zu reden.

Ein interessanter Artikel aus dem Torch Newsletter von Wade Keller:

THE WWE LIFESTYLE

WWE doesn't have doctors on staff with the power to order a wrestler off the road. There is no system in place to do expensive, elaborate tests to evaluate the stress level of wrestlers, to determine whether years of steroid abuse have taken a toll on vital organs, to detect whether celebrated sobriety has turned into a burden of a charade, or whether a month or two at home might save a family, a career, or a life.

There is a top wrestler in WWE today who is considered to be on the unofficial death watch, whose death, due to his credentials, would make the considerable news coverage of Eddie Guerrero's death this week look minor by comparison. It's no secret to most within WWE; if it's not known by Vince McMahon, someone needs to tell him the system needs to be changed. It's one thing to show how much you care about a colleague by crying on the air after he dies. It's another to care enough about someone to do what it takes while he's alive to keep him from dying - even at the expense of box office receipts, storyline interruptions, and being deemed pushy, nosy, or a nark.

"I can remember hearing a conversation from some unnamed WWE head guys talking about how this certain person needs to go to rehab but they couldn't send him because he was too important to the show," wrote former WWE wrestler Andrew "Test" Martin in a website ([url]www.AndrewTestMartin.com[/url]) commentary this week. "That's the reality people. That is how we are treated. Look at me. I break my neck in the ring and had to have two discs taken out of my neck and a steel plate put in and was told at the time by Johnny Ace when I asked if my job would be in jeopardy, 'We don't fire people with injuries like that.' Hmm, that's funny, because two months after surgery I got fired because I wasn't working.

Martin blamed the WWE lifestyle for fostering drug addiction and criticized Vince McMahon's lack of focus on the toll it takes. "I'm actually wondering who's next? Who's next to die?" he said. "I can think of at least 15 to 20 people who have died from various things - mostly prescription pain killers." He said he had never heard of Vicodin or Percocet or Soma before he worked for WWE. He said the reason WWE wrestlers become addicted to the pills and often die - either while still with WWE or after - is because of the schedule.

"How come so many wrestlers die from these medications and football players and hockey players don't? The answer is simple - wrestlers, especially WWE wrestlers, work five days a week all year long taking bump after bump in the ring. A doctor explained it to me like this: Every time you take a fall in the ring it's like getting rear-ended by a car going 20 mph, so how many bumps in the ring a night do you take? Multiply that by how many times a week you work all year long. That's a hell of a lot of whiplash and pain."

DEATH RAISES QUESTIONS

Guerrero's death brings up many questions. How much of a role did steroid use over the years play in Guerrero's death? How much of a toll did the demanding WWE schedule take on his 38 year old, high-mileage body? Did he put undue stress and pressure on himself to succeed? Was he worried about diminished earnings potential as his body began to slow down, having not saved money earlier in his career? Did he feel an added burden that he was likely going to be given the World Title again due to Batista's recent injury sidelining him?

Also, was he truly completely sober for four years as claimed by Chavo, and if not, did any recent drug usage contribute to his heart's vulnerability? Was Guerrero's decision to push his body to its limits, and ultimately past them, truly just a "personal choice" with no responsibility falling on the shoulders of the person rewarding the dangerous lifestyle?

Guerrero's "personal demons" were chronicled by WWE in a UPN special last year which later came out on DVD. Titled "Cheating Death, Stealing Life: The Eddie Guerrero Story," Guerrero talked about how drug and alcohol abuse almost cost him his family, his career, and his life. His family and friends touted this week that Guerrero had just celebrated four years of sobriety.

In truth, multiple sources say sobriety for Eddie may have been defined differently than it would be for most. At the very least, sources who knew Guerrero tell the TORCH that he still took steroids and pain pills. Everybody with knowledge of Guerrero's usage say he had it "more under control" than during the lowest points in his life. He was able to hide any signs of usage from Vince McMahon. A number of people who have been on the road with him say he never showed any signs of any drug abuse on the job at the arenas.

But the aches and pains from abusing his body, the desire to try to be the same athlete in his late-30s that he was in his mid-20s, and the need to "look the part" for Vince McMahon led to his continued usage of steroids and pain pills in recent years, according to multiple sources close to Guerrero.

There is no medical evidence released to the public at this point that says anything he may have taken recently directly caused, contributed to, or accellerated his death. The fact that someone who had nearly died multiple times from drug abuse may have gone back to it is a sign that even the best intentioned, most dedicated recovering drug addicts with everything to live for (such as three daughters and a childhood sweetheart of a wife) often find total sobriety and being a full time WWE performer incompatible.

Many others, some dead and many alive, have struggled every day with the temptation, or the belief that they need, to take drugs to make it to the next town or to just get a good night's sleep.

Guerrero's enlarged and stressed heart ]may have failed him due to years of steroid abuse. Many will deny that likely reality. Others will accept it as a risk of the job. The attitude within the wrestling industry is that it's a risky occcupation and not for those unwilling to make sacrifices.

"The reason we shake hands with everyone before we leave a show is because we never know if it's the last time we'll see one another," says one veteran WWE wrestler. "It's been that way for decades, going back to when heavy booze was the drug of choice after matches."

NilsNBA

Nachwuchsspieler
Vickie Guerrero speaks on Eddie's autopsy report
Nov. 15, 2005

After the untimely passing of Eddie Guerrero, WWE and the entire sports-entertainment community is still reeling from the devastating loss of a champion. The initial autopsy reports on Guerrero have come in. WWE.com spoke with Eddie’s widow, Vickie Guerrero, earlier today.

“It was heart failure. It was from his past – the drinking and the drug abuse. They found signs of heart disease. She (the examiner) said that the blood vessels were very worn and narrow, and that just showed all the abuse from the scheduling of work and his past. And Eddie just worked out like crazy all the time. It made his heart grow bigger and work harder and the vessels were getting smaller, and that’s what caused the heart failure. He went into a deep sleep.

As soon as they saw his heart, they saw the lining of his heart already had the heart disease. There was no trauma, and Eddie hadn’t hurt himself in any way. It answered a lot of questions. I knew Eddie wasn’t feeling very good for the last week. He was home and kept saying he wasn’t feeling good and we thought it was just “road tired.” So we thought he just had to rest. It answered a lot of my questions, too, because he was just so exhausted. She said it was normal because the heart was working so hard.

When he didn’t call me last night and the night before I knew it was for real, because he would call me every night. I miss his phone calls. I cried through the whole thing (last night).

I loved his laugh. His laugh was the best.

We just celebrated his four-year sobriety last Thursday. We just thought we had life by the handful. We thought we had it all figured out. He worked so hard to make a better life for us.

I’m just overwhelmed by how people are coming out. It’s touched my heart a lot.

Everybody was just in awe last night in how beautifully everything was put together.

All my life was wrestling. All he did was take care of them and live for that. And I don’t know what to do now.”

Teddy78

Nachwuchsspieler
NilsNBA schrieb:
So ein Bullshit! Du kennst ihn kein bißchen, oder? Kenn ihn natürlich auch nicht persönlich, aber hab so viele Berichte zu ihm gesehen, Biographie und so viel von anderen Wrestlern und Co vor seinem Tod über ihn gehört. Der hat seine Familie sowas von geliebt, das hätte er nicht gemacht.

sach ma, gehts noch???
ich habe gesagt,

"Man muss wohl die heutige Autopsie abwarten.....Im moment geht man allerdings von einer Überdosis oder Selbstmord per absichtlicher Überdosis aus...."

Das heißt doch nicht das ich davon ausgehe sondern das es die Meinung vieler (Zeitungen, Insider etc.) war, die ich nur rezitiert habe.

Du solltest erst mal richtig lesen bevor du was schreibst :wavey:

NilsNBA

Nachwuchsspieler
Teddy78 schrieb:
Das heißt doch nicht das ich davon ausgehe sondern das es die Meinung vieler (Zeitungen, Insider etc.) war, die ich nur rezitiert habe.

Quelle??? Kein Insider würde von einer Überdosis ausgehen...

Oben