đŸ‡«đŸ‡ź Thread fĂŒr Finnen Fans

Flame

Elflein
BeitrÀge
Hach ja, es ist ja mal wieder Wahnsinn. Erst wird auf Matti rum gehackt, genau wie auf Janne, der soll aufhören, zu alt, der reißt doch eh nix mehr und die selben Leute jubeln ihn dann hoch. :neinnein:
Hier mein ich jetzt keinen ;)

Marre

VÀÀrinkannattaja
BeitrÀge
http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/makihyppy/uutiset.shtml/arkistot/makihyppy/2010/12/1236215

NiemelÀ is certainly an optimist. He states that Finns' have _at least_ four jumpers currently at home who could be at top 15 when they get back to shape. Okay Rane and Kalle certainly. I don't know what Havu's current situation is but his summer training was mostly totaled. It's difficult to believe he would be back at top 15 shape any time soon. And other than them? Muotka? Not at least this year I think. Harri? I thought he doesn't count. Someone else? Don't think so.

Lauri

Nachwuchsspieler
BeitrÀge
Really optimistic. Wait and see. ;)

Ich sage ja, eigenlich man kann es sich nicht leisten Harri auf Dauer vor die Tuer zu lassen. Er hat so viel Potenzial, wie kaum ein andere auf weite Flur. Er muss es nur ein mal umsetzen.
Havu wird wieder kommen und gut sein. Nur wann. Ich denke in Richtung Oslo es wird schon passen. Er springt nun bereits wieder.

Marre

VÀÀrinkannattaja
BeitrÀge
Havu wird wieder kommen und gut sein. Nur wann. Ich denke in Richtung Oslo es wird schon passen. Er springt nun bereits wieder.

That is good to hear. Last I have heard about him was that his leg hurt when he tried to jump. But good if things are again looking better. I do sincerely hope that he will make a full recovery to the hills. It is just so, that often it is very difficult after one or two bad injuries. Many careers have ended because of smaller accidents than what Havu has had. They may have came back but never been the same. many also later admit that getting badly hurt was the reason. Year or two ago there was interview with Löde about the matter. He is one of those, who came back after bad falls but have later admit that it would have been better to end the career because it was never the same again. And he is a guy who jumped K-30 hill with mini skis, at Russia, and only at the table it came to his mind that it may not had been his brightest idea ever.

I'm also little bit against putting to much hopes to Havu because if it is done publicly and he isn't doing as well as hoped, it is always ugly. Of course he is not Rane or Harri or Anssi, so it would not be that bad but still. I for one am very happy that tomorrow only 7 will not qualified. because of the great expectations and hype the backslash has also been quick. Already at people comments at MTV3, Yle and other places Anssi is criticized heavily, told to stop playing ski jumper and to go back to combi etc. Luckily he will probably make it to the competition tomorrow. People will probably not know that only 7 jumpers will not qualify so at least getting to the competition will quiet the backslash some.

With Harri I'm quite ambivalent. NiemelÀ got a lot of praise about being strong and brave when he banned Harri. Especially press id for the decision unanimously. If Harri will be back, NiemelÀ will seem weak to the public and I'm not sure if he will be willing to go through that. For Harri ban for life is currently so popular punishment among the public (almost as popular than daily spankings until he learns to behave :zunge2:) that taking him back asks some thick skin and I'm not sure if NiemelÀ has that. Then again, if others don't do as well as public hopes for, it will also ask thick skin not to take Harri back.

Lazergirl

EFF #3
BeitrÀge
Ich sage ja, eigenlich man kann es sich nicht leisten Harri auf Dauer vor die Tuer zu lassen. Er hat so viel Potenzial, wie kaum ein andere auf weite Flur. Er muss es nur ein mal umsetzen.

eben, es wÀre schade um den Springer Olli. Ich bin da nicht so drin wie ihr, lese hier nur mit. Aber irgendwie muss man den Jungen doch in den Griff bekommen können. :rolleyes:

Lauri

Nachwuchsspieler
BeitrÀge
Bei VÀÀtÀinen es hat doch auch irgenwie funktioniert. Man wird sehen. Erst mal er braucht ein neue Heimtrainer. Ich weis nicht wie die aktuelle Beziehung zwischen Harri und Kantee ist. Auf den erste Blick könnte das ein Möglichkeit sein. Obwohl. Man weis es nicht.

Taehti77

Nachwuchsspieler
BeitrÀge
Weiß irgendjemand hier, ob schon einmal ein Athlet den Gesamtweltcup sowohl bei den Kombis als auch bei den Spezies geholt hat? Danke fĂŒr die Hilfe!

Marre

VÀÀrinkannattaja
BeitrÀge
Bei VÀÀtÀinen es hat doch auch irgenwie funktioniert. Man wird sehen. Erst mal er braucht ein neue Heimtrainer. Ich weis nicht wie die aktuelle Beziehung zwischen Harri und Kantee ist. Auf den erste Blick könnte das ein Möglichkeit sein. Obwohl. Man weis es nicht.

At least at Ruka I saw Harri and Vili together. Every other time I saw Harri, he was always alone but once he and Vili were spending time together and watching combis to jump. So probably still at speaking-terms if something hasn't changed after that.

But I don't know what Harri's and Kai Lahtinen's situation is. This season again Harri had listed Lahtinen as his second trainer and I don't know if he too stepped down same time as KykkÀnen.

Anyway it seems quite clear that NiemelÀ's and Harri's problem is not only Harri's behaviour. We don't really have Harri's version about the matter yet (if we will ever get one) but I would guess that the really big problem is also in how they see ski jumping. Pekka thinks strongly about physical fitness and strength and also equipment, Harri doesn't see the point. Doesn't want to train with weights, don't care about physical test results, thinks that equipments don't matter that much etc. And I would guess that this philosophical difference is what is most difficult to make up between them.

Lazergirl

EFF #3
BeitrÀge
. Pekka thinks strongly about physical fitness and strength and also equipment, Harri doesn't see the point. Doesn't want to train with weights, don't care about physical test results, thinks that equipments don't matter that much etc.

Whats his view then, not eating much and being thin = flying better?

Marre

VÀÀrinkannattaja
BeitrÀge
Whats his view then, not eating much and being thin = flying better?

Nope. He thinks that most important is to go from slide to flight so that one looses as little speed as possible. That it doesn't mean much how high you can jump but how smooth and effortless your technique and movements are at the table.

Marre

VÀÀrinkannattaja
BeitrÀge
Ilta-Sanomat tells that Harri Olli will compete again at Finnjumping-Cup at Sunday at Kuopio. If everything goes fine he plans to compete in COC at Sapporo in early January. Last weekend he jumped in training in Lahti first time after Ruka and according his coach Kai Lahtinen some jumps were already good. Lahtinen assures that Harri mental tone is now much better and than it was when he declined to jump at Rovaniemi and he is starting to find his motivation and enthusiasm for ski jumping and competing again.

Though Pekka NiemelÀ recomends Harri to start at COC already at Engelberg after Christmas because he thinks that not all A team jumpers want to jump at Harrachov and Sapporo so those would be good places for Harri be back at World Cup. He says that Harri is welcome back if he jumps well enough, is motivated and behaves accordingly. he also says that Ville and Matti are sure ones to Oslo, Rane almost sure but he will take five jumpers there so Harri still has a chance if he jumps well enough at World Cup before that.

Let's hope for the best. Finnish team is not too strong at the moment behind Ville and Matti. We could use Harri who is in shape and motivated.

Oben