Der Boxing Quotes Thread

Young Kaelin

merthyr matchstick
Hier sollen lustige, nachdenkliche, ernste, heitere Sprüche/Anmerkungen unserer Boxlieblinge eine Heimat finden.

Beginne mal mit ein paar Quotes, die mir gestern beim Stöbern auffielen.

The measure of a man is what happens when nothing works and you got the guts to go on.

Randall "Tex" Cobb

Once, I was at a party... This was at a time when it seemed like i had everything. I was young. I was undefeated. I had money. I'd just moved into my own home. People at the party where laughing and having fun. And i missed my mother. I felt so lonely. I remember asking myself, Why isn't my mother here? Why are all these people around me? I don't want these people around me. I looked out the window and started crying.

Oscar de La Hoya

All my wives were great housekeepers. After every divorce, they kept the house.

Willie Pep

It's hard being black. You ever been black? I was black once - when I was poor.

Larry Holmes

If there was such a thing as reincarnation, Floyd would come back as himself.

Ricky Hatton

Probably not even a household name in his own house.

Teddy Atlas

I'd take precision any day over power; as far as being tactical you know you have to see what's going on in there and also understand that for every punch that you or your opponent throws there's always a counter shot or two which you have to be ready to fire or defend.

Alexis Arguello

It's tough to get out of bed to do roadwork at 5 am when you've been sleeping in silk pajamas.

xxxx

If they cut my bald head open, they will find one big boxing glove. That's all I am. I live it.

Marvin Hagler

The danger of a closed mind is that it can also leave good things like love, compassion and reason on its outside.

Lennox Lewis

Champions aren't made in the ring. they are merely recognized there. What you cheat on in the early fight of morning will show up in the ring under the bright lights.

Joe Frazier

Don't count the days, make the days count.

Muhammad Ali

Ich weiss, dass ich nicht schlecht bin. Was ich tue, tue ich gern. Ich liebe es, zu boxen. Ich träume davon, ein Boxer zu sein. Ich sehe mich schon, wie ich den Titel gewinne. Welchen, ist egal. Ich sehe, wie man mich auf die Schultern hebt, herumträgt, wie ich meinen Gürtel bekomme. Manchmal sehe ich das alles wie in Zeitlupe.....

ein 43-jähriger Weltergewichtsboxer, der fast alle Kämpfe, in denen er antrat, verloren hat, meist durch KO. (aus über Boxen, Joyce Carol Oates)

"Warum sind Sie Boxer?" wurde der irische Federgewichts-Champion Barry McGuigan einmal gefragt. Er antwortete: "Weil ich kein Dichter bin. Ich kann keine Geschichten erzählen..". (aus über Boxen, Joyce Carol Oates)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Omaru

Nachwuchsspieler
Als sie Roger Mayweather fragten warum sein Neffe noch boxt und er so

„Why does Bill Gates keep making those mutha****ing computers.“

Easy

Moderator Boxen
Teammitglied
Hier gibt es ein paar Quelle

Sugar Ray Leonard
Ich bin nur ein Fighter. Nichts weiter. Wenn es um Größe geht, sieh dir Ali an.
Muhammad Ali
Ich weiß nicht immer, wovon ich rede. Aber ich weiß, dass ich recht habe.
Muhammad Ali
Noch nie in der Weltgeschichte haben sich so viele weiße Menschen um einen Neger solche Sorgen gemacht

1981 vor seinem letzten Kampf gegen Trevor Berbick
Muhammad Ali
Schweb' wie ein Schmetterling, stich wie eine Biene!
Muhammad Ali
Wer nur davon träumt, mich zu schlagen, sollte aufwachen und sich dafür entschuldigen.
Muhammad Ali
Wer nicht mutig genug ist, Risiken einzugehen, wird es im Leben zu nichts bringen.
Muhammad Ali
Wenn mein Kopf es sich ausdenken kann, wenn mein Herz daran glauben kann - dann kann ich es auch erreichen.
Muhammad Ali
Jetzt fängt mein Leben erst wirklich an. Gegen Ungerechtigkeit kämpfen, gegen Rassismus, Verbrechen, Analphabetismus und Armut, mit diesem Gesicht, das die Welt so gut kennt.
Barry McGuigan
„Warum ich Boxer bin? Weil ich kein Dichter bin. Ich kann keine Geschichten erzählen.“

Irischer Box-Profi
Muhammad Ali
Lebe jeden Tag, als wäre es dein letzter. Irgendwann wirst du Recht behalten.
Mike Tyson
Das Ohr ist durch einen Schlag abgeflogen
Muhammad Ali
Ich bin so schnell - vergangene Nacht habe ich das Licht in meinem Hotelzimmer ausgeschaltet und lag im Bett, bevor es dunkel war.
Muhammad Ali
Ein Mann, der die Welt mit 50 Jahren genauso sieht wie mit 20 Jahren, hat 30 Jahre seines Lebens verschwendet.
Mike Tyson
„Ich weiß, ich bin ein *********, aber das ist nun mal mein Stil.“
Muhammad Ali
Leute aufgrund Ihrer Hautfarbe zu hassen ist falsch. Und es ist egal welche Farbe hasst. Es ist grundsätzlich falsch.
Lennox Lewis
„Plötzlich wachte ich auf, lag auf dem Boden und der Ringrichter starrte mir ins Gesicht und brüllte: sechs, drei, sieben, fünf!“
Muhammad Ali
Es ist nur ein Job. Gras wächst, Vögel fliegen, Wellen schlagen in den Sand. Ich verprügle andere Leute.

Young Kaelin

merthyr matchstick
In my whole career, I´ve never really gotten hurt. The only ones that really hurt me where my wives.

Jake LaMotta

I quit school in the sixth grade because of pneumonia. Not because I had it, but because I couldn´t spell it.

Rocky Graziano

I always say that in order to appreciate warm weather, you must experience cold. I wouldn´t change one thing - all the embarrassing moments, the defeats, all of everything - through all of this, I have learned me.

Floyd Patterson

Mental illness is a very powerful thing. If it is with you it is probably going to be there until the day you die. I am trying so hard to break mine, but it is not easy. It is my toughest fight ever.

Frank Bruno

When at a young age you learn to face your fears, that makes the difference between people being champions and people not being champions.

Evander Holyfield.

We treat this world of ours as tough we have a spare in the trunk.

Al Bernstein

To say he has a glass chin is an insult to glass.

Larry Merchant

Notice who is in the locker room after you lose, not after you win.

Angelo Dundee

When a man is a Traveler, the world is his house & the sky is his roof, where he hangs his hat is his home, & all the people are his family.

Drew Bundini Brown

I´ve worked in construction, in a factory sewing clothes. I also sold flowers and doughnuts - just odd jobs to try to make 10 pesos, which is equivalent to 20 cents.

Manny Pacquiao

First your legs go. Then you lose your reflexes. Then you lose your friends.

Willie Pep

They criticize because they don´t have a life. it´s easy to criticize another person.

Sergio Martinez

I respect every fighter that gets inside of the ring, especially with me.

Tavoris Cloud

I only finished first grade.

Amnat Ruenroeng

When I was a young fellow I was knocked down plenty. I wanted to stay down, but I couldn´t. I had to collect the two dollars for winning or go hungry. I had to get up. I was one of those hungry fighters. You could have hit me on the chin with a sledgehammer for five dollars. When you haven´t eaten for two days you´ll unterstand.

Jack Dempsey

I can show you how to box. I can teach you every technique and trick i know, but i can never make you a fighter. That comes from inside, and it´s something no one else can give you.

Joe Louis

I watched a TV documentary about how animals are farmed, killed and prepared for us to eat. I saw all those cows and pigs and realized I couldn´t be a part of it any more. It was horrible. I did some research to make sure I could still obtain enough protein to fight and, once satisfied that i could, I stopped. I´ll never go back.

David Haye

Young Kaelin

merthyr matchstick
There are a lot of things and in order to be at the top and maintain your focus you have to have something that motivates you. For me, it was what I perceived as a lack of respect from the boxing world as well as the media, which made me want to work so hard and be great.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well, you can't trust most people in this game, period; it can be a very shady business.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sitting here now today, I can forgive a lot of the English people because it only takes a hand full of bad people to do something stupid like that and it can make the whole country look bad.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

The likes of Sugar Ray Leonard, Roberto Duran, Tommy Hearns were true champions. There were some incredible fights between us, and I was happy to give them all an opportunity to fight me.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

It is a great feeling when you lay down at night, and you know there are little kids out there imitating you, and people want to know what you eat and when you go to sleep.

Marvin Hagler

Oben