Was macht eigentlich.....? - Vergessene Boxer

tullipan

Nachwuchsspieler
Re: Mike Tyson

Original geschrieben von Youngsta
... diese kranke Kampfmaschine ...
tyson134.jpg

:idiot: (sorry - den verwende ich nur in Notfällen ... :saint: )
Gruuuß

Totto

Bankspieler
Vielleicht ist er ja wirklich krank? Auf dem Foto siehts nach Sackratten aus ;) :D

Franz

Bankspieler
Totto

Zitat: Vielleicht ist er ja wirklich krank? Auf dem Foto siehts nach Sackratten aus

Sackratten, ist ein vorzüglicher Ausdruck, da habe ich wieder etwas gelernt, aber die wienerischen "Rohrbienen" (Filzläuse):laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: sind auch nicht schlecht!!

Franz

Franz

Bankspieler
Laut ZDF soll der Mike Tyson angeblich für 3 Mio Dollar in Peking einen gegen einen bekannten russischen Boxer antreten.
Valujew ? oder ist der Russe gar Ukrainer?

Franz

Buster D

Bankspieler
Tyson in China gegen Valouev?

Sport1 schreibt:

Tyson soll in China boxen

München - Für drei Millionen US-Dollar soll Ex-Weltmeister Mike Tyson in China gegen einen bekannten russischen Gegner boxen. Zudem soll er bei seiner zehntägigen PR-Reise in China chinesische Boxer treffen und Wohltätigkeits-Einrichtungen besuchen.

Zuletzt stand Tyson im Februar 2003 gegen Clifford Etienne im Ring und besiegte ihn nach nur 49 Sekunden durch K.o.

Der mittlerweile zahlungsunfähige Tyson verdient unter anderem durch Gastauftritte in der japanischen Kickbox-Profiserie K1 sein Geld.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Auch in Amiland wird spekuliert:

Boxing: Tyson may fight in China in October

BEIJING : Former world heavyweight champion Mike Tyson is in talks for a three million dollar fight in Beijing later this year, state press reported.

A basic agreement in preliminary talks was expected to be announced soon, with Tyson expected to be in Beijing in June for promotional activities ahead of an October fight, the Eastern Sports Daily reported.

"First Tyson will come in June for a 10-day visit that will include a boxing clinic, exchanges with Chinese boxers, tourism and some charity work," Zhang Heng, a Beijing sports official, was quoted as saying.

"Later in October, Tyson will come to China again and hold a commercial fight with a famous Russian heavyweight."

Zhang said the three million dollar appearance fee would include both the fight and the June visit.

If both sides can reach an agreement, a formal press conference would be held in April in Las Vegas, he said.

Tyson, 37, retains a high level of interest in China's sports world, not only because of his once-devastating fighting skills, but also for his bad boy image and a prominent tattoo of the late Chinese revolutionary Mao Zedong on his arm.

Tyson, who is reportedly in financial trouble, last month reunited with his former manager Shelly Finkel and said he was looking to return to the boxing ring. No opponent was mentioned.

His last fight was more than a year ago when he beat Clifford Etienne in 49 seconds.

- AFP

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wie Franz schon vermutet kann es sich eigentlich nur um Valouev handeln. Er ist der einzig halbweg bekannte und gut platzierte Russe. Alle anderen kommen aus anderen Ex-UDSSR Republiken.

Allenfalls Serguei Lyakhovich als Weißrusse käme noch in Frage, der zudem in den USA einen gewissen Bekanntheitsgrad hat.

Aber ob an der Meldung wirklich was dran ist?

Jünter

Nachwuchsspieler
Da die Amerikaner sowieso nur "die Russen" kennen, dürfte auch Maskaev eine Option sein. :)

Harman

Bankspieler
Ist doch ******e. Wir haben März und der Kampf soll im Oktober stattfinden. Wenn überhaupt. Bei angeblich vier Kämpfen in diesem Jahr müsste er diesen Monat schon boxen. Ist echt ein jammer wenn ich mir vorstelle daß er mal von 2. Klassigen Boxern durch RIng geprügelt wird wie Holyfield.

Tyson sollte nach zwei drei Kämpfen abtreten als Mönch ins Kloster gehen. (Kann er ja gerade in China bleiben) Vielleicht kommt er dann mit ein paar Millionen bis an sein Lebenende rum.

Roberts

Moderator Boxen
Teammitglied
Re: Tyson in China gegen Valouev?

Original geschrieben von Buster D
Aber ob an der Meldung wirklich was dran ist?

Nö - Finkel Says Tyson Reports
From China Are False!
By G. Leon

March 10, 2004; Just minutes ago, Mike Tyson's adviser Shelly Finkel told Boxingtalk.com that reports coming out of China suggesting that Mike could fight a famous Russian heavyweight over there in October are untrue. "As far as I know, those reports are totally inaccurate," laughed Finkel, from his New York offices. Finkel, who reunited with Tyson in late January, also informed Boxingtalk that "Iron" Mike will open training camp later this month, Although Finkel wouldn't officially confirm what we've been hearing, he is "hopeful" of Tyson's return to the ring on Showtime in June.
--------------

Roberts

Gladiator

Banned
Mike Tyson ist müde

Der ehemalige Schwergewichts-Weltmeister Mike Tyson (USA) will nun möglicherweise doch nicht in den Boxring zurückkehren. "Ich bin alt, ich bin müde und nicht mehr fit. Es ist wahrscheinlich zu schwierig, nochmal richtig in Form zu kommen", sagte der 37-Jährige (Foto: AP) in einem Interview mit dem Fernsehsender Fox News.

xcms_CSA879283_CSA436981_CSA1149392.jpg

:) :) :)

Buster D

Bankspieler
"Ich bin alt, ich bin müde und nicht mehr fit. Es ist wahrscheinlich zu schwierig, nochmal richtig in Form zu kommen"

Tja, er hat halt auch seine hellen Momente, aber der notorische Mangel an Kohle wird ihn in den Ring "zurücktreiben".

Andi19

BANNED
Na fit war er die letzten 10 jahre nicht mehr..

Wenn er wen in 5 Runden nicht ausgeknockt hatte wurde er ja immer lahmer..
Aber seinen Punch hat er auch net verloren.. mal sehn ob er wieder kämpft..Champ wird er leider nicht mehr denke ich !

Killa

Nachwuchsspieler
:sleep:

der typ ist faul und pleite - tolle kombination

will ihn nicht mehr sehen damit uns ein abgang a la holyfield erspart bleibt

Harman

Bankspieler
Das wars mit Mike Tyson

(Hier von jemandem Geschrieben der das Interview sah

Mike Tyson and Father Time
Posted on Saturday, March 13 @ 16:37:45 CST
Topic: Tyson
By Frank Lotierzo

I just caught an interview with former Heavyweight Champion Mike Tyson on Cable TV. I can’t believe how old and tired he looked. For the first time since following his career, I can say he really got to me inside. He looked old, fat, wrinkled and weak. Man, it really hit me hard. I have followed and watched Tyson fight since his amateur days back in 1980-81, and never viewed him like I did this time. Tyson even came right out and said that he’s not fighting anybody, and that he couldn’t get in shape.

I couldn’t believe how tranquil and pensive he was. For the first time, I saw a beaten man when I looked into his eyes. Not beaten as a fighter, but as a man who has really been through it. A man who has seen the best and worst that life has to offer. No doubt that Mike Tyson is well versed on being at the highest high and the lowest low. In one of the clips, Tyson was at Gleason’s gym doing his 100 hours of community service teaching kids to box. He actually looked at peace and the young kids looked ecstatic! What a thrill that must have been for them, having Mike Tyson hold the pads and encouraging them.

Although I have been a staunch critic of Tyson the fighter, and never believed for a single second that he was close to being the greatest heavyweight champ ever. I’ve always had a soft spot for him in my heart. I’m willing to look at maybe I underrate him, just as many overrate him? I’ve always known that there is a really good guy inside of him, one who he doesn’t let many of us ever see. Tyson is a fighter who I’ve been lucky enough to spend some time around, mainly due to the brief acquaintance I had with Jim Jacobs. Let me tell you, when Tyson is in the mood, he is one of the best to discuss boxing with. Especially breaking down fighters style’s and hypothetical match ups. I guess after being used and abused so much throughout his life, he has to keep his guard up. I guess this is why he is the ultimate contradiction. Being charming and warm one moment and then reverting to being mean and nasty the next.

I have often thought about how cool it must have been to be one of the people he really liked and trusted back in the day. Can you imagine a night on the town in New York with Mike Tyson. First of all, you wouldn’t need any money. Women would be all over the place. And how many of your buddies could go up to New York Giants linebacker Lawrence Taylor in a club, and tell him that if he doesn’t leave, he’s going to get his ass kicked. And then he actually leaves. That scenario really did play out one night in the late 80’s when Tyson was on top of the world.

Can’t believe that Tyson will be 38 this June 30th. Wow, 38 years old. That’s how old Larry Holmes was when he fought Tyson in January of 1988. And ya know what, Holmes looked better then, then Tyson does now. Who would’ve believed that back then?

Mike Tyson turned pro in 1985 and won the Heavyweight title in November of 1986 to become the youngest Heavyweight champ in boxing history. It’s now 2004, 19 years later and I really believe that Mike Tyson may never be a major factor again in the Heavyweight division as a fighter. Oh, his name still has some mileage and will always create some excitement, but I can’t see him being the champ again. Something as recently as a year ago, I thought was at least a remote possibility.

What’s really a crazy thought is that even in this transitional time in the heavyweight division, Tyson probably can’t compete at the top. He’s very heavy and it would take him forever and a day to get in great shape again and then stay active enough to be ready for one of the world’s premier heavyweights. And lets be honest, there isn’t one heavyweight out there right now who can even spell the word great.

Yes, I think Tyson was overrated as a fighter and champion by a lot of the media and fans. However, I will not deny that he was one of the most talented Heavyweight Champs of all time. And if fights were fought on paper instead of in the ring, he’d be among the true greats nipping at the heels of Louis and Ali. That being said, I can’t imagine what Tyson of 1986-88 would do to today’s top heavies.

I hope Tyson straightens himself out and lives a long happy life in peace. Maybe instead of the press shoving a microphone in front of George Foreman and Mike Tyson every time they are in public, and asking them if they are going to fight each other. Maybe they could ask Foreman if he has any interest in managing Tyson and helping him out. Foreman is now 55 and Tyson will be 38 in three months. The boxing world can live if it doesn’t see them fight. If Foreman won, what would it really do for him other than making him even richer. If Tyson won, it would prove nothing, and if he lost he’d be humiliated. No thanks! How about somebody getting Foreman and Tyson together so Foreman can assist him and guide him if he wants to fight again or whatever else he may choose to do. I have no doubt that the cunning Foreman could help straighten Tyson out mentally and financially. And us, we can argue for the next 100 years over who would’ve won, Foreman of 1973-74, or Tyson of 1987-88?

GlovedFist@Juno.com

Naja dann hört er wirklich besser auf mit dem Boxen bevor er sich nur noch zum Affen macht. :(

Andi19

BANNED
"Bad Boy" Mike Tyson kann auch anders: Der frühere Weltmeister aller Klassen unterrichtet in einem Fitnesszentrum in New York Jugendliche im Boxen.

Sein Einsatz ist allerdings Teil einer Strafe, zu der er wegen des Angriffs auf zwei Autogrammjänger verurteilt worden war. Er hatte sich schuldig bekannt, die beiden Fans nieder geschlagen zu haben und wurde demnach zu 100 Stunden Sozialdienst verurteilt.

Sein Geständnis rettete Tyson vor einer einjährigen Haftstrafe.

Oben