Was macht eigentlich.....? - Vergessene Boxer

Gladiator

Banned
tyson04_big.jpg

Mike Tyson on credibility

Hey boxing fans, Mike Tyson is in the gym and he’s even planning on taking a bout this summer. As of this writing Iron Mike is hard at work under Freddy Roach in preparation for a “semi scheduled” July return against Kevin McBride. As a boxing observer who continues to root for Iron Mike to retain what is left of his considerable ring gifts, I must say that I am happy he is back. Mike appears to be more relaxed and personable nowadays, a regular at the fights and eager to lend his opinions on the evenings fight and the state of the heavyweight division. Mike was fairly astute and accurate in assessing his buddy Zab Judah’s razor thin defeat to welterweight kingpin Corey Spinks. It’ is such a relief to hear Mike talk boxing, as opposed to the full display of personal demons we’ve witnessed in recent years. Mikes great insight reminds us that he was once an impressionable youth, sitting in the dark film room of the late great Cus D’Amato scouring over endless reels of film. All was well until May 15th, when Roy Jones' crushing defeat at the hands of Antonio Tarver led the former undisputed heavyweight champion to use the word "credibility".

Like most fighters swept away in the wave of media caused by Tarver's one punch KO of Jones, Mike was questioned about proposed bouts with both fighters. “He’s gotta knock that guy out, he’s gotta knock him out (Tarver) to restore his credibility.” Tyson also said that he would invite a bout with Tarver and show Roy “how it’s done” by knocking Tarver out in one round. Mike went on to suggest Roy “earn” a shot at him, as if a bout with him were something that fighters have to aspire to. As I stated in my piece "Who’s the Man", Mike Tyson is “the man” but a fight with him is more of a lottery, not a legitimate competition where credibility is a factor. Mike is currently not a champion, he is an attraction, and if he is capable of fighting Orlin Norris he is capable of fighting a fallen light heavyweight champion. As a longtime Mike Tyson fan I’ve accepted the “deal with the devil”, I've accepted that whenever Mike “performs” I will consume. I just don’t want Mike to get all high and mighty about who is worthy of invitation to such an “engagement”.

Hearing Mike utter the word “credibility” is a lot like watching your slightly overweight girlfriend head for the door in a halter-top. You a want to say, “baby, I love you, but don’t”. I mean really, credibility? I believe Roy Jones and Antonio Tarver both have more credibility than 87th (Boxrec) ranked heavyweight Kevin McBride. I would also favor Roy Jones (post knockout) over Clifford Etienne and point out that his victory over John Ruiz for the WBA heavyweight title is more “credible” than any Tyson victory in years. For Mike Tyson to suggest any fighter should avenge a loss by knockout is hypocritical considering his history in defeat.

Remember, this is the Mike Tyson who seemed to oscillate before our eyes (after being knocked out by Lennox Lewis) between wanting a rematch and admitting that he was no match for the Brit. This is also the Tyson who Lennox had to drag into court to try and enforce a rematch clause that ideally should be the other way around. Mike survived his KO to Buster Douglas not by return bout KO, but by allowing Holyfield to take care of his business in two rounds. Mike's return bout with Holyfield is now infamous, yet it did not deter him from continuing to captivate fans with his presence in the sport. On May 15th, the proposed bout between Tyson and Jones became less “viable”, less likely, maybe even less profitable, but in no way did any fighter in the fight stand the chance of losing credibility. As Bernard Hopkins states, “credibility is based on consistency”, it is something that Antonio has “become”, something Roy has “been” and something Tyson must accrue, not comment on.

Quelle: http://www.doghouseboxing.com/Wade/Wade060804.htm

Franz

Bankspieler
Killa schrieb:
tyson wirkte genervt oder schon wieder schööööön aggressiv wie früher - schade, dass er hiepen ( der hatte glaub ich auch etwas bammel diesmal ) nicht eine mitgegeben hat :teufel:

Dann hätten sie den Hiepen gleich hinter der Halle verscharren können!!

Franz

Tobi.G

Bankspieler
Und Tyson würde wieder ne anklage bekommen und demnächst nicht boxen können!

Devil

Bankspieler
Killa:
Ich fand Tyson garnicht agressiv.Eher depressiv. Aber wenden wir uns doch mal dem kommenden Kampf zu. Hat MC Bride überhaupt ne Chance? Hat den von euch schon mal einer boxen sehen?

Devil

Bankspieler
Tobi G:

Hier:

http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=007386

Und hier ist ein alter Zeitungsbericht zum Schulz - MC Bride- Fight:

http://www.berlinonline.de/berliner-zeitung/archiv/.bin/dump.fcgi/1997/0901/sport/0023/index.html

MC Bride ist - mit Ausnahme einer Flasche- der einzige Boxer mit positivem Rekord, der gegen Schulz K.O. ging. Er scheint aber recht hart zu schlagen. Trotzdem würde es mich nicht wundern, wenn der Kampf ähnlich schnell(oder schneller!) beendet sein wird wie die Kämpfe Tyson-Savarese oder Tyson- Etienne. Was mich wundert ist die Tatsache, daß Tyson schon 3(!) Monate vor dem Kampf ins Training einsteigt( für gewöhnlich trainiert er max. 6 Wochen).

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:

Tobi.G

Bankspieler
Er weiss anscheinend dass er in seinem alter mehr tun muss um in Form zu kommen. Ich finde es auch gut dass er ordentlich trainiert denn dan wird er locker noch ma WM!

Tobi.G

Bankspieler
Der ist ja erst 31! Dachte er wäre auch schon so anfang 40! Naja da wird er sich wohl gut vorbereiten denn wenn er diesen Kampf gewinnen würde könnte er wieder oben mitmischen. Das Alter sollte zumindest kein Problem darstellen aber ich kenn ihn ja nicht und weiss nicht wie er boxt etc.

Günther_ P

Nachwuchsspieler
Der Kampf Schulz vs. McBride war mies. Die Schlagserie, die zum Abbruch des Kampfes führte, konnte man kaum als soche bezeichnen, weil nämlich kein einziger von diesen Schulz-Schlägen ins Ziel traf. Sämtliche Schläge gingen daneben oder auf die Deckung. Bei Tyson mach ich mir da keine Sorgen - bum zack Stoa ins Knack - ein richtiger Treffer in Runde eins und das wars.

Ironfist

Nachwuchsspieler
Nein! Inzwischen nicht mehr. Und wenn doch, dann erleben wir die nächste Legende, die sich lächerlich macht!

rastafari

Bankspieler
lennox lebt auf jamaica, hat mittlerweile nen kleinen sohn und genießt sein leben. er wird auf keinen fall zurückkommen, da er nicht dumm ist und nicht wie tyson seine ganze kohle auf den kopf gehauen hat. ausserdem muss er niemanden mehr etwas beweisen, da er jeden gegner gegen den er im ring stand geschlagen hat.

ich wünsche ihm alles gute und enjoy your life, man. vielleicht sieht man sich ja mal, wenn ich nächstes jahr wieder da bin.

greetings

Tobi.G

Bankspieler
Na dann hoffen wir mal dass Lennox nicht zufiel einen auf Rastafari macht!!

masula

Nachwuchsspieler
Der war ja schon immer ein sehr ruhiger Typ und ist anscheinend ein Familienmensch.
Der hat alles richtig gemacht. Finde ich gut.

Bischoff

Nachwuchsspieler
Lewis ist cool ,Yeeehr , Lewis ist Reggae, Sonne und ein paar Boxhandschuhe im Sand. :thumb: Mit ihm wird Boxen wieder eine Angelegenheit sein von zwei Männern, die einander Schmerzen zufügen, und ein paar Zuschauern, die sich darüber freuen.

Lion-Boxing

Banned
Lewis in Hamburg

Lennox Lewis wird mit hoher Wahrscheinlchkeit am 28.09 in Hamburg am Ring sitzen wenn Luan um die WM boxt.

Lion-Boxing

Oben