Weltcupfinale Planica 23.3. - 26.3.17

Y

yeti

453.6 The start order will be based on reverse order of the actual World Cup standing.
By equal point standings will the start order be made by draw in team
captains' meeting between the equal placed teams. Teams without World
Cup points start in the beginning of the competition.
The start order must be
made by draw.

http://www.fis-ski.com/mm/Document/.../03/19/96/ICRSkiJumping2016_clean_English.pdf

According to the penultimate sentence KAZ should be able and allowed to take part in the competition.

But if I remember correctly, I have never seen a team competition with more than 12 teams.

Strange...

Stefan821

Nachwuchsspieler
In Falun 2015 i think these are 13 teams. But maybe there are different rules in Worldcup compared to World Championships.

MK23 - skiimport

Nachwuchsspieler
Maybe only 12 best teams in Nations Cup are allowed to start...(if more than 12 are present at competition site)

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:

Kirsten

Moderator Wintersport
Teammitglied
I've checked the rules for worldcups in skijumping and I couldn't find any rules concerning a maximum for teams in a team competition. As said before, there's a minimum of eight teams but no other limitation

Kirsten

Moderator Wintersport
Teammitglied
If this is the case, the rules are not linked in the rules section on fisski.com ;)

But on the other hand, it's kind of strange, that KAZ does not start in the team comps

sj441

Nachwuchsspieler
As I said before there were only three jumpers from KAZ in Planica.
In Vikersund there were four - but I think they felt overchallenged there during the training and the qualification round on Friday. It's not great fun to jump about 100 or 110 meters in Vikersund.

Kirsten

Moderator Wintersport
Teammitglied
Dann ist halt die Frage, warum sie im TCM 4 melden und dann doch nur 3 starten lassen

EyTschej

Nachwuchsspieler
Das wäre doch ausnahmsweise mal eine interessante Frage für #fraghanni oder wie auch immer: Was ist mit Karpenko? Denn der ist ja offenbar gemeldet, aber nicht am Start. Vielleicht krank geworden? Wenn ein Springer gemeldet ist, aber nicht startet, würde ich mir das eigentlich jedesmal als journalistische Pflicht erwarten, dass man sich schlau macht, warum einer nicht am Start ist.

Brigadier

Radikaler Anhänger
Das wäre doch ausnahmsweise mal eine interessante Frage für #fraghanni oder wie auch immer: Was ist mit Karpenko? Denn der ist ja offenbar gemeldet, aber nicht am Start. Vielleicht krank geworden? Wenn ein Springer gemeldet ist, aber nicht startet, würde ich mir das eigentlich jedesmal als journalistische Pflicht erwarten, dass man sich schlau macht, warum einer nicht am Start ist.

Hab ich mal gemacht. Wenn was kommt, schrei ich.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:

Mario

Nachwuchsspieler
Karpenko war nie da und Marat hatte am 1. Abend wieder 3. Promille. Deswegen kein Team.

MK23 - skiimport

Nachwuchsspieler
Another 'interesting' fact about Stoch's record...

In Harrachov 2011 Ammann jumped 215.5m and obviously fell :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmqTYsKZO4c

But still in official results, jump was not counted as fall. It got notes

12.5 / 15.0 / 14.0 / 14.0 / 12.5

and at the end of the results it clearly states 'falls - 0'

http://medias1.fis-ski.com/pdf/2011/JP/3012/2011JP3012RL.pdf

However, it was not recognized as a official hill record, as stated in results from Harrachov 2014 (as a record holder Morgenstern is mentioned - 214.5m, year 2008)

http://medias1.fis-ski.com/pdf/2014/JP/3806/2014JP3806RL.pdf

Same thing goes for Ammann's record at Vikersund this year - 239.5m, officially it was not counted as a fall.

While Vassiliev's 254m two years ago was counted as a fall in official results.

So, in my point of view, unless the rules will be written clearly about this, there is no much sense in counting hill records anyway.

EyTschej

Nachwuchsspieler
Maybe it's only counted as a fall when more than the hands are in the snow. Talk about "Fünfpunktlandung". Vassiliev also hit the snow (very hard) with his head.

PC_principal

Nachwuchsspieler
A good find. It's quite possible that they made a mistake in this list,, because according to the official rules they give -7 for a fall and -4 for touching the snow. I believe the judges recognized this as a fall because he used his hand to hold his body, while for example Stoch or Kraft in Vikarsund (if he really touched the snow, well this is still quite controversial) could hold up the mass of his body with his feet. A borderline decision for sure...

If Amman's jump is not a fall it should be the hill record, maybe we should send a claim to the FIS :hihi:

I couldn't find anything official regarding hill record in the rules, just that there must not be any rewards for records.

Oben