đŸ‡«đŸ‡ź Thread fĂŒr Finnen Fans

Kittygatito

Nachwuchsspieler
BeitrÀge
Little bit more about the matter from Ilta-Sanomat. They have talked with Ville's doctor. He is not straightforwardly saying this was because trying to come back too early. But he does talk about how it takes year and a half to fully recover from this kind of operation, how risk to get hurt again during that time is bigger and how important it is to rehab all the supportive elements before putting too much pressure to the knee. He says that after this operation they have to be more patient, do longer rehab etc. That it is extremely important to train thigh muscle back to perfect before putting that kind of strain to the knee. He also says that this will not end Ville's career but they had to do that kind of operation that may cause some problems (osteoarthritis) later in life. :(

I really hope that Ville will be more patient this time and not try to jump next springl. It's of course easy to say hindsight, but Ville already had a scare at Stams. And he wouldn't have lost so much if he would have left it to first snow to jump again.

I also hope, that Havu really halts and takes a notice. His knee has been operated twice in little more than a year. He too had his second injury without any falling or clear folding/error in landing. Of course it was a very long jump but the landing wasn't from that high. Ville hurt his knee this time without falling and while jumping perfectly normal length jump (117 meters in Kuopio hill) and having normal landing and no obvious reason for the injury. As bad as it would make Finnish team look, I wouldn't mind at all, if Havu would skip first part of the season, or even the whole season, if it would come to that and really rehab his knee back to normal. This is in-between season. Next season we have the World Championships again and after that the Olympics. We do desperately need both Havu and Ville 100 % well at Sotchi, not so much this season.

So hard it is for finland skijumping and for all the fans, but I agree.

Marre

VÀÀrinkannattaja
BeitrÀge
Ilta-Sanomat had two pages more about poor Ville. He still plans to win gold at Sotchi :up: but doesn't want to even think about how many more hours of deep water running and exercise bike he has in front of him right now. (I do sympathize, I only do hour or two of deep water running in week and only when the roads are so slippery you can not run outside and you can not yet go skiing, and it bores me out of my mind. Poor Ville has to do it almost every day or twice a day for months probably.)

Article also goes more to financial side of this. Both in Ville only having the insurance that covers the medical costs not lost in-come, so he is again in situation there he has very little income for next year and also in Finnjumping level. When Ville was put under anaesthesia he thought he would be up in fifteen minutes and after that be out of training a week or two. He woke up three hours later with more than half year of rehab in front of him. Same thing happened to other Finnish athlete, footballer Mikael Forssell, few years ago and article goes on to contrast how the next year after thing like that is for these two top athletes. What kind of help and services Forssell had and what Ville will have. No need to say, that difference is huge.

Finnjumping can only afford physiotherapist 7 months a year. So during summer training season jumpers don't have access to physio services. Not really even while they are recovering and even less so for prevention of injuries (what is the most important part of what physios do in sports.) Ville luckily has a physio friend who works for hockey team in Lahti and helps him when and if he has some time (you probably remember the guy, he was Finnish team's physio for season 09-10, the "optisch angenehmen" one...)

Maybe we should just give up with ski jumping and try to get new sport to the summer Olympics, modified Nordic combined, one jump from the hill (hurting your knee optional) and 100 hours of deep water running. I'm sure Finns would obtain double victory...

Pirkko

Rane-Vermisserin
BeitrÀge
Das ist heftig...
Bei der Disziplin Pech mit Geldmangel kombiniert wÀre das dann sicher der komplette Medaillensatz....

Y

yeti

Eigentlich hilft da nur noch Galgenhumor. Das ist doch alles unfassbar. Ein schlechter Scherz.

Nicht mal Geld fĂŒr einen Physio....

:(:(

Die machen echt aus Sch...ße noch Gold die Jungs!

danii85

linker Spinner
BeitrÀge
Das mit Ville ist wirklich tragisch...Vielleicht hÀtte man die Reha doch noch etwas lÀnger gestalten sollen.. Wenn das einfach so bei nem normalen Sprung wieder kaputt geht, ist das definitiv was falsch gelaufen...Nun sei es so...Aber ich bin mir sicher, der kÀmpft sich wieder ran..Und fuer Sochi sollte sich das noch aus gehen..Und dafuer is er ja noch jung genug. Man darf halt nur nich gleich alles hin schmeissen, sollte das Knie es grundsÀtzlich noch her geben. Und um Havu muss man sich keinen Kopf machen. Er hat gelernt zu warten und das tut er auch..

Das A-Team is schon in Courchevel und trainiert.

Und ja, Anssi war in Polen auch krank. ;)

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:

Marre

VÀÀrinkannattaja
BeitrÀge
Kalle second in quali at Courchevel, WOW!
Yay!
:party:
party0003.gif

party0019.gif

party0030.gif
party0002.gif
party0006.gif

party0016.gif

:party:

(Yeah, I'm afraid we will not have chance to use these icons too often this season, so I used them all, when a even the smallest possibility :aetsch:)

blackswan

Warrior of Kindness
BeitrÀge
hehe, I am so sorry. I promised you, you wouldnÂŽt miss anything.
Well, maybe itÂŽs a good thing you canÂŽt see the competitions ;) :zunge2:

[and I love the dancing banana]

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:

Marre

VÀÀrinkannattaja
BeitrÀge
hehe, I am so sorry. I promised you, you wouldnÂŽt miss anything.
Not your fault at all. :D: And let's face it. Kalle second is all fine and dandy, but there was also a fact that 25 % of jumpers, who did not qualify, were Finns. So maybe not raving success anyway... ;)

Well, maybe itÂŽs a good thing you canÂŽt see the competitions ;) :zunge2:

We can always hope that it brings them some luck. They certainly need it. And if me not watching makes them do better, I could sacrifice and not watch ski jumping in the whole season (after all, I will most probably miss going to any competitions in person this year, last few years I have been at Ruka Nordic Opening, but not this year :()

Marre

VÀÀrinkannattaja
BeitrÀge
Not your fault at all. :D: And let's face it. Kalle second is all fine and dandy, but there was also a fact that 25 % of jumpers, who did not qualify, were Finns. So maybe not raving success anyway... ;)

And the competition was a disaster. Oh, boy! :neinnein:

I don't worry too much for Matti. Yes, he jumps shitty, but he has never been at his best at summer and he is building a house (Finnish athletes and building a house has never been good combination for their sport results.) I still hope he will pull it together when winter comes. Maybe not as well as last season but to the steady top 15 form.

Havu, we can only hope for the best. He came back miraculously well last time, but it's the same knee, second time. So very, very risky, but he could still really save Finnish season.

Jarkko is still a babe and being inconsistent , at times jumping a really good jump, mostly not so good, is what he is supposed to be doing. So no worries there.

But what I really do worry about are Anssi and BiP. Considering their age and situations, they should be just now really be getting better and developing fast. Instead both are deteriorating. In fact both started doing so already last winter. Also Kalle is getting worse, while he should have been getting steadier with his jumping and results.

Something in their system is not working and I really hope Pekka and his trainer team are trying to find out, what it is and how to fix it.

Kira

Nachwuchsspieler
BeitrÀge
So ein Mist. wenn es weiter so geht, haben sie grade mal 4 mann fĂŒrs team (ich zĂ€hl jetzt havu mal nicht rein, der soll sich rehabilitieren)

@marre: ich finde auch, dass anssi sich langsam mal steigern könnte, seine umstellung ist lange genug her

Kittygatito

Nachwuchsspieler
BeitrÀge
Vielleicht bin ich einfach zu blind oder blöd, aber kann es sein, dass Finnland noch niemanden fĂŒr Asien gemeldet hat? HĂ€tte gedacht, sie schicken wen, da sie dort evtl. eine Chance hĂ€tten, Punkte zu sammeln.
Andererseits: Sie haben ja auch nicht wirklich Geld und wer weiß, wer alles wie heftig am WE gefeiert hat....:D:

danii85

linker Spinner
BeitrÀge
Vielleicht bin ich einfach zu blind oder blöd, aber kann es sein, dass Finnland noch niemanden fĂŒr Asien gemeldet hat? HĂ€tte gedacht, sie schicken wen, da sie dort evtl. eine Chance hĂ€tten, Punkte zu sammeln.
Andererseits: Sie haben ja auch nicht wirklich Geld und wer weiß, wer alles wie heftig am WE gefeiert hat....:D:
Ich denk nich, dass der Verband jemanden schickt. Höchstens es finanziert sich jemand selbst und reist an.

Ausser Punkte sammeln wĂŒrde es auch nich viel bringen die Jungs dahin zu schicken..Die mĂŒssen ihre Form suchen..

Pirkko

Rane-Vermisserin
BeitrÀge
Also... Beim 1. Springen bekommen 10 keine Punkte beim 2. dann noch weniger ohne Punkte...
Ich sehe nicht ganz schwarz fĂŒr die Finnen.... :D:

Pirkko

Rane-Vermisserin
BeitrÀge
Das denke ich auch... Aber bei 2 Springen sollte einer es in den 2. schaffen, so dass es einen Punkt geben kann
Darum sehe ich auch nicht ganz schwarz

Pirkko

Rane-Vermisserin
BeitrÀge
Die sind ausverkauft, Pekka brauchte zu viele :D:
Sonst hÀtte ich auch gerne einige davon!

Oben