Detroit Pistons - Dinge, die keinen eigenen Thread verdienen

C-Quense

Nachwuchsspieler
naja also zumindest mit dem heimvorteil wird es nichts werden. dafür sind die spurs zu konstant jahr für jahr in der reg. season.

aber sobald die playoffs losgehen, sind die karten neugemischt und den pistons ist in dieser zeit alles zuzutrauen. mit der besten starting five der liga und einigen, jetzt mehr als letztes jahr, guten bankspielern wird es wieder eine ganz heisse sache in den conference finals gegen die heat :D

aber ich glaube an die pistons. eine neuauflage, hätte diese serie allemal verdient

DEEEEEEEEEETROIT BAAAAAAAAAASKETBALL

Joe Berry

Kosmopolitische NBA-Koryphäe
Flip's thoughts on the players

September 29, 2005

Highlights of Pistons coach Flip Saunders' comments Wednesday:

•On whom he has seen and talked with: Darko is "still overseas going through some things, but he's hoping to get back next week. Carlos (Delfino) is back, and all the young guys are around, and Chauncey (Billups) and some of the vets have been coming in on their own."

•What's Flip's key to a championship team? "I always tell my players that as a coach you want to be good enough where that if they make mistakes, you can make up for their mistakes with your coaching, and you're hoping that your players are good enough so that when you make mistakes, they make up for your mistake. That's what a team is."

Later on WDFN-AM, he discussed more of his philosophy:

•On the 3-pointer: If you can shoot it, shoot it. If you can't shoot it, don't. If you want to shoot 3s, you have to take 100 a day after practice.

•On how to handle Darko: "We have to get his confidence up. I think he started to gain confidence this summer with the Yugoslavian national team. ... He's going to play with the first unit a lot of times in training camp. I mix those guys in. That's how you develop your bench."

•Where does Darko play? "He's pretty much a face-up player. The thing that Darko can do very, very well is he's a very good passer. ... I don't think he's a post player where you can throw him down on the block and say go run down there and stay there."

•On Miami: "The reason they made those moves is to try and beat us."

•On Rasheed Wallace: "He is the one guy who is as motivated as anybody. He said to me, 'I'm going to be a different guy. I'm going to be really aggressive.' He's about 20 pounds lighter this year."

Wer sich das Interview komplett anhören will...

http://www.pistonsbball.com/?page_id=7 :thumb:

Übrigens am Samstag läuft glaube ich die Frist für die Extentions aus...betreff Tay hab ich bis jetzt noch nichts in der Presse gehört, hoffentlich bekommt Joe D das noch hin Prince langfristig zu binden.

Who

Bankspieler
Interview mit Saunders :

http://www.pistonsbball.com/audio/FlipInterview_WDFN_9-28-05.mp3

Highlights of Pistons coach Flip Saunders' comments Wednesday:

•On whom he has seen and talked with: Darko is "still overseas going through some things, but he's hoping to get back next week. Carlos (Delfino) is back, and all the young guys are around, and Chauncey (Billups) and some of the vets have been coming in on their own."

•What's Flip's key to a championship team? "I always tell my players that as a coach you want to be good enough where that if they make mistakes, you can make up for their mistakes with your coaching, and you're hoping that your players are good enough so that when you make mistakes, they make up for your mistake. That's what a team is."

Later on WDFN-AM, he discussed more of his philosophy:

•On the 3-pointer: If you can shoot it, shoot it. If you can't shoot it, don't. If you want to shoot 3s, you have to take 100 a day after practice.

•On how to handle Darko: "We have to get his confidence up. I think he started to gain confidence this summer with the Yugoslavian national team. ... He's going to play with the first unit a lot of times in training camp. I mix those guys in. That's how you develop your bench."

•Where does Darko play? "He's pretty much a face-up player. The thing that Darko can do very, very well is he's a very good passer. ... I don't think he's a post player where you can throw him down on the block and say go run down there and stay there."

•On Miami: "The reason they made those moves is to try and beat us."

•On Rasheed Wallace: "He is the one guy who is as motivated as anybody. He said to me, 'I'm going to be a different guy. I'm going to be really aggressive.' He's about 20 pounds lighter this year."

Flip: "I don't really like to take players and say, 'This is what you do, this what you can't do.' He's very similar to a Toni Kukoc in that, you know, he's pretty much a face-up player. The thing that Darko can do, very, very well, is that he's a very good passer. I think you have to put him in situations to try and utilize that a little bit.

"I don't think he's a post player where you can throw him down on the block and just say, 'Go run down there and stay there and post up.' He's a guy, you can post him up, you gotta do him off movements, bringing him from strongside to weak and weakside to strongside in his movements so now, when he catches the ball, he's got the defense more at a disadvantage because he can use his quickness. He can face up and shoot or he can put the (ball) on the floor, or he can pass it."

2 sehr interessante realgm topics mit ner Menge Fachkenntniss zum Thema Darko (vor allem wie man ihn am besten einsetzen kann und wie offenbar auch saunders das vorhat )

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=419674&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=419351&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 (vor allem ab 3. Seite )

Joe Berry

http://www.detnews.com/2005/pistons/0510/07/D02-340589.htm

Saunders praises Milicic

New coach takes notice of center, who has been aggressive, especially on defense, early in camp.

:jubel:

Mann, mann ist echt toll mal nen Coach zu sehen, der an die jungen Spieler glaubt und sie auch aufs Feld lassen will...ich kanns echt nicht abwarten, preseason startet am Dienstag :)
bin echt gespannt auf Darko, Delfino, Arroyo, Evans, Maxiell und Acker
wenn Flip die 2te Fünf aus Darko, Dice, Evans, Delfino und Arroyo ans laufen bringen kann, wirds scary....in dieser Mannschaft steckt soviel Talent ausserhalb der ersten Fünf, Gott sei Dank ist LB wech, Flip ist genau der Richtige für diesen Job...ob er aus der ersten 5 genausoviel rausbekommen kann wie LB ist zwar fraglich, aber jeder weiss was die leisten können, denke mal das wird nicht so viel schlechter unter Saunders...schau mer mal

Loose Baller

Nachwuchsspieler
Ich finde es ******e dass LB weg ist er hat uns zum Meister gemacht!Und ob Flip Darko soviel spielen lassen wird weiß ich nicht so recht.Schließlich hat er ja Ebi auch nich gerade 30 Min gegeben

Who

Bankspieler
aus der detroit free press via realgm :

Pistons insist this season can finally be Darko's time
October 8, 2005

BY KRISTA LATHAM
FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER

Late in practice this week, Darko Milicic, sweaty and tired from a long night of scrimmaging, slashed through the air for a sure dunk. His hand slammed onto the rim but an opponent had nudged his arm and knocked the basketball away, drawing a foul.

Milicic went to the free-throw line as Rasheed Wallace yelled with glee from the other side of the court, "Go for it, Darko!"

He's not the only one who likes what he sees. Milicic missed that time, but watch a Pistons training camp practice and there's no question something is different about fans' poster child for high expectations.

"If he came here as a boy," assistant coach Igor Kokoskov said, "he's a grown man now, that's for sure."

Gone are the blond streaks that highlighted the 7-foot center's dark brown hair last season. Gone is the expectation that he can work hard in practice but fail to have that translate into playing time come game nights. New coach Flip Saunders has promised to give Milicic a chance to make or break his fate on the floor.

And that has Milicic -- back from a summer playing with his national team -- looking stronger and more confident -- happier than ever to be playing in Detroit.

"This year I feel more comfortable," Milicic said. "The coach is trying to let me know that I just need to play and everything will be OK. They all know that I have two bad years behind me, and they let me know that those two years are over."

What was so bad about the last two years? Let's recap. After being selected No. 2 overall in the 2003 draft, Milicic, barely 18 and playing in America for the first time, found himself working with a coach not known for developing young players.

Larry Brown worked Milicic hard in practice but rarely played him.

So Milicic sat the bench and played meaningless minutes at the end of blowouts. He earned the nickname "The Human Victory Cigar" and became a favorite topic of discussion on talk radio and the Internet, where the great "Milicic: Bust or Future Star" debate rages on.

It was clear Milicic wasn't happy.

"He looked stressed out all the time," guard Chauncey Billups said.

As his draftmates made names for themselves in Cleveland, Denver, Toronto and Miami, Milicic felt frustrated and embarrassed -- but, also lucky -- in Detroit.

"I am very lucky to be around these players and this team," Milicic said. "They're great players. They're all winners. I feel lucky to be here. But I haven't played in three years. So it's bad for me."

Every so often, Milicic spoke out about his frustrations in the media. And it wasn't Brown's constant chirping that bothered him.

"That was nothing for me," Milicic said. "My coach from Serbia was 10 times worse."

Milicic just wanted to play. And president of basketball operations Joe Dumars understood, and appreciated Milicic's occasional comment. Who wants a player to be happy sitting on the bench?

"You're going to always deal with tough coaches," Dumars said. "But a lot of the time you're playing as you're dealing with them. And so it's easier to deal with it. The tough part is when you're not playing. That was his biggest hurdle."

It wasn't exactly a hurdle he could jump, either. With Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace, Antonio McDyess, Elden Campbell, Mehmet Okur and Corliss Williamson holding down the post over his first two seasons, there was just too much depth in front of him.

"For those who forgot, he didn't come to a lottery team," Dumars said. "He came to a world championship team. And most rookies are not going to come to a world championship team and break into the lineup, break into the rotation, and play."

Injuries also plagued Milicic. He lost last summer with a broken finger that came in the final minute of the final game of the season.

That made this summer even more meaningful. For the first time, Milicic was invited to play with the Serbia and Montenegro national team as it prepared and competed for the European Championships.

This was a team Milicic followed and dreamed of playing for since he was a little boy. And to make the dream even sweeter, this year's tournament was held in his home country.

"It's really crazy," Darko said. "The fans, the people are crazy about it. A lot of people, they have no money over there. Some people work months for those tickets to come see us play a game."

For two months this summer, Milicic did two-a-day sessions, lifted weights, played in exhibition games and lower-level tournaments, and even ran through the mountains.

"That was tough," he said. "I thought I was going to throw up."

Serbia and Montenegro was expected to be one of the best team's in the tournament, but a lack of chemistry and infighting doomed the squad. It placed 11th and failed to make even the quarterfinals.

But Milicic made an impression. He was the star of one game, scoring 11 points and making numerous key defensive stops against Israel.

"But it wasn't just about those four games" in the European Championships, Kokoskov said. "It was two months that he played hard. He had two sessions everyday and worked on his abilities. He did great lifting weights and running and basic preparation."

Now, he has showed up in camp with obvious gains from his summer of work.

"He's been better than I thought he would be," Saunders said, "and I thought he was going to be pretty good."

Saunders complimented Milicic's defensive rebounding, his versatility and his basketball IQ, saying it was higher than he expected. He plans to use Milicic all over the court, rather than have him simply stake out the block every play.

"Right now, there's not a lot of guys who are 20-years-old who are predominantly low-post players," Saunders said. "One of the reasons (Phoenix center) Amare Stoudemire had a breakout year last year is because they moved him around. ... He became less predictable, and he became more effective. I think Darko is similar, in that, you can't say just go to this one spot and play there."

Dumars said he hasn't ordered Saunders to give Milicic playing time.

"I'll never walk in and tell a coach who to play," he said. "I think it's counterproductive."

But Dumars and Saunders are on the same page. Both would likely put Milicic at No. 4 in the big man rotation behind the Wallaces and McDyess.

And if Milicic continues to impress the way he has so far, that's going to translate into meaningful minutes -- and help erase the memory of the last two seasons.

"I think he feels like he has a weight lifted off his shoulders," Billups said. "He's playing freely. He's playing a lot more aggressive. He's going to be great, man."

fatal errero

Nachwuchsspieler
von realgm.com:

Darko Arrested In Suburban Detroit
13th October, 2005 - 1:49 pm

AP - Pistons forward Darko Milicic was arrested in suburban Detroit and charged with driving with a suspended license.

The 7-footer from Serbia-Montenegro posted $100 bond and was released, police said. A court date will be set in the next few weeks.

Milicic, the No. 2 overall pick in the 2003 NBA draft, was pulled over Wednesday afternoon on suspicion of having illegally tinted windows, Sterling Heights Police Lt. Michael Reese said. A routine check of his driving record showed his license had been suspended for two unpaid traffic tickets in another city.

:laugh2: tja, darko ist eben ein echter bad-boy...

Who

Bankspieler
:laugh2: da hat wohl jemand über den Sommer in Europa vergessen, dass seine Strafzettel noch zu zahlen sind :crazy:

Heute sollen im übrigen die Rookies auch Minuten bekommen, gehe davon aus, dass einer der Wallaces oder (evtl sogar "und" ) McDyess ganz aussetzen wie von Saunders angekündigt (dass 1 oder 2 veterans ab jetzt immer pausieren )oder zumindest wenig spielen um Maxiell und evtl Johnson Minuten zu verschaffen.

Joe Berry

DONNIE DARKO 4-GAMES

MPG-21MPG
PPG-9.0
RPG-5.0
APG-1.25
BPG-3.5
FG%-46%
T.O.-2.5
FPG-4.5

Darko mach sich langsam, vor allem in der Defense spielt er sehr aggressiv, deswegen auch die vielen Fouls und deswegen führt er die preseason mit 3,5 Blocks pro Game an :jubel:

die 2te Fünf mit Arroyo, Delfino, Evans, Dice und Darko gefällt mir sehr, Flip hat denen richtig Leben eingehaut, nix mehr mit 7 Mann Rotation, 9-10 Mann werden spielen, das ist fast schon sicher :)

und wers noch nicht gesehen hat....
http://rapidshare.de/files/6462689/Darko_vs_Diop.avi.html :jubel:

Gast00

Nachwuchsspieler
Mich ärgert, dass Milicic so lange versauern musste. Ich finde, er hätte von Anfang an gegen schlechte NBA-Teams soviel spielen müssen wie jetzt in der Preseason.

Who

Bankspieler
experience_maker schrieb:
Mich ärgert, dass Milicic so lange versauern musste. Ich finde, er hätte von Anfang an gegen schlechte NBA-Teams soviel spielen müssen wie jetzt in der Preseason.

kann man sicher nur unterschreiben, zumal er imo vor 2 Jahren nicht sooo viel schlechter war. Ein paar Kilo weniger, ein paar Postmoves weniger, sicher generell eine Stufe schwächer , aber : schon da hätte er mit seinem speed und range als matchup-Problem dienen können und auch als guter Help-Verteidiger ( Darko´s defense war und ist seinem offensivgame voraus ) mit sehr starker Pick and Roll defense sowie als guter Passpieler vom Highpost den Pistons helfen können . Zumindest hätte er ihnen nicht geschadet , entsprechendes Vertrauen vom Trainerstab vorausgesetzt.
Hat wirklich enorme Anlagen, und die Kombo dass er verteidigt wie ein 5er und das Skillset (von den Anlagen her, nicht ausgereift) und die Beweglichkeit eines modernen 4ers besitzt.

Der Dunk richtig klasse, der drive noch besser. Dagegen schleicht der "bewegliche 7 footer" Dirk regelrecht ;)

MJ (operiert)

Nachwuchsspieler
naja, ich mein schon schad das wir milicic so selten gesehen haben, aber er ist jung und wir können vielleicht schon noch 10 jahre mit ihm rechnen. ich würde auf jeden fall die letzten 2 jahre mit eineinhalb titeln nicht gegen ne milicic show eintauschen wollen.

Auburns finest

Nachwuchsspieler
Wenn Sheeds Vertrag auslaeuft ist Milicic definitiv ready to takeover.Die Saison 10-15Min und der Junge wird Selbstvertrauen bekommen.Und wenn Sheeds Vertrag ausgelaufen ist, ist Darko immernoch jung.Ich denke bei dem jetztigen Stand koennte er All Star werden.

MJ (operiert)

Nachwuchsspieler
sheeds vertrag läuft noch vier lange jahre. interessanter wird es ob ben wallace nächstes jahr noch mal nen fetten deal bekommt oder ob darko schon bereit ist seine rolle zu übernehmen und das geld in andere spieler investiert wird. natürlich ist ben die säule des teams, aber ein neuer fünf jahres vertrag mit entsprechenden ziffern könnte der franchise auf lange sicht schaden. weil dice auch noch vier jahre gebunden ist und mit maxiell vielleicht auch ein ganz akzeptabler spieler an board gekommen ist, könnte dumars evntl doch mehr businessorientiert handeln als so mancher denken würde. mich würde es jedenfalls nicht überraschen wenn ben 06/07 ein anderes trikot trägt oder sheed bzw dice getradet werden.

Joe Berry

eher wird Dice oder Sheed getraded, Big Ben bleibt ein Piston bis er retired, da kannste einen drauf lassen :thumb:
was er für die Pistons geleistet hat, bei relativ moderaten Gehalt, ohne einmal zu mucken, also das ist schon aller Ehren wert und dafür wird er letztendlich auch belohnt werden mit seinem nächsten Vertrag...klar ist das die Pistons LuxuryTax zahlen werden müssen, wenn beide Prince und Ben langfristig gebunden werden...
Darko is auch noch lange nicht ready für NBA-stardom, also bis dahin kanns noch paar Jahre dauern...

Hook Mitchell

Nachwuchsspieler
man kann nur an den sportsgeist und die moral der spieler appellieren, und nich all zu geldgeil zu verhandeln. denn wenn das team so zusammen bleibt haben sicherlich noch ein paar jahre chancen auf die finals...

Käpt'n Blaubär

Nachwuchsspieler
Joe Asberry schrieb:
klar ist das die Pistons LuxuryTax zahlen werden müssen, wenn beide Prince und Ben langfristig gebunden werden...
Darko is auch noch lange nicht ready für NBA-stardom, also bis dahin kanns noch paar Jahre dauern...

Solange der Erfolg stimmt werden die Pistons zahlen ... wenn nicht und wenn das Management die Geduld verliert ... :wall:, was haben wir schon alles gesehen ...

Und zu Darko, lasst ihm Zeit entweder fängt er sich noch und kriegt Sicherheit und wird auch mal zumindestens ein guter Rollenspieler oder er wird einer der schlechtesten Top-Picks aller Zeiten ...

Who

Bankspieler
Käpt'n Blaubär schrieb:
Und zu Darko, lasst ihm Zeit entweder fängt er sich noch und kriegt Sicherheit und wird auch mal zumindestens ein guter Rollenspieler oder er wird einer der schlechtesten Top-Picks aller Zeiten ...

ersteres IST er schon, genauer gesagt meines Erachtens einer der besseren Big Men von der Bank ligaweit , gerade defensiv. Sicher, es ist "nur" Preseason, aber auch da lassen sich die Spieler nicht freiwillig abräumen, "scrubs" waren es auch nicht sondern fast auschließlich Spieler aus der Rotation der jeweiligen Teams (2. 5 sicher mehr als sonst natürlich ) .
Er blockt ziemliche kranke 3,1 BPG in 20 Minuten und ändert unzählige weitere ,dazu seine Fähigkeit das Pick and Roll exzellent zu verteidigen und sehr solide man-defense, die Pistons hatten regelmäßig runs mit ihm in der Mitte .
Einzig auffälliger Schwachpunkt defensiv ist momentan das rebounding bzw das verhalten nach Erhalt des rebounds.

Oben