Team USA

Generation Next

Nachwuchsspieler
denrze schrieb:
Now, that is an interesting approach. I think we all could construct an ideal US team, if we try:

1.- We need assists. I think we can have a look at the NBA Assists Leaderboard and pick the three most successful passers. Well, Nash is Canadian. It´s not his fault, but it´s irreversible. Well, let us alone with 10 assists-per-game SuperBaron Davis and 9 assists-a-game Andre Miller, we´ll be Ok.

2.- In the inside. We better take our two best post players. (Damn, Gasol is Spanish) Well, lets send our two best post scorers, then. 22 ppg Jermaine O´neal, and 26 ppg Elton Brand. Leave at home the superhyped and overprotected by NBA refs Tim Duncan, I heard he isn´t even American, he doesn´t want to come, anyway.

3.- Defense: It´s time we teach these soft Europeans what defense Is about. Throw them the American Force of Nature Ben Wallace. He is going to dominate the boards. And allow me to include versatile swingman, 12 rebounds-per-game Shawn Marion.

But hey, this is international ball, they plan to cheat us with this stupid trapezoidal lane. Hmmm… I heard their big men can shoot from downtown. Well, add Raef Lafrentz to the pack, just in case. (We still can beat them at their own game).

4.- Scoring leader. We need a backcourt scorer we can relay on. Let´s just give a glance at the NBA scoring leaderboard: Brick-bomber Allen Iverson… forget it. Pass-first die-second Kobe Bryant… forget it. Dirk Nowitzki… um, he is good, send him a proposal. In case he remembers he is German, send another one to Paul Pierce.

Next to the big ego, we must put a proven veteran, who don´t mind to sacrifice his own numbers for the benefit of the team, someone like Michael Finley.

5.- Perimeter menace. This part is crucial if we want to survive in the international game. Fortunately, we have the best perimeter shooter of all time: Peja Stojakovic.
Now, If he refuses to become a US citizen, we still have the second-to-best perimeter shooter of all time: Reggie Miller.

And that´s it. This is the best possible US National Team. We have assists, we have inside and outside scoring. We have the rebounds, we have the defense, and we have the 3 point menace.

THIS TEAM IS INVINCIBLE.

...or maybe not .

:laugh2: ;)

Wo haste denn diesen Artikel augegabelt.Das ist so ziemlich das Arroganteste was ich jemals gelesen habe und absolut auf Vescey niveau.

Les Selvage

BBL-Moderator
Psst. Ironie. Soll nur zeigen, dass selbst das am besten konstruierte Team keine Angst verbreiten muss und absolut schlagbar ist. Musst schon den Link unten anklicken.

Bxtra

Nachwuchsspieler
Verstehe was du sagen willst Denrze, aber das USA-Team 2002 war wirklich nicht top. Gut, es waren ein paar Alll-Stars dabei, aber die BESTEN, waren es sicherlich nicht. :belehr: ;)

benny blanco

Nachwuchsspieler
bspn schrieb:
Colangelo: Iverson wants to be part of U.S. team

PHOENIX -- Allen Iverson wants to be a part of the U.S. basketball team for the 2006 world championships and 2008 Olympics, USA Basketball managing director Jerry Colangelo said.

Colangelo met with Iverson on Wednesday before the Philadelphia 76ers played the Phoenix Suns.

"He wants to win a gold medal," said Colangelo, the chairman and CEO of the Suns. "He said that very clearly. He said if asked, he would be honored."

Colangelo, solely in charge of developing the pool of players invited to the team's training camp, plans to meet later this week with Shaquille O'Neal, Dwyane Wade and Tim Duncan. The Suns host the Miami Heat on Friday night and the San Antonio Spurs on Saturday.

Colangelo said he had never spoken at length with Iverson and wondered how the talk would go.

"He looked me right in the eye and said it would be an honor for him," Colangelo said. "It was a very positive experience."

Iverson was co-captain and the leading scorer on the U.S. team that won the bronze medal at the 2004 Olympics in Athens.

"I want to play," Iverson said after Wednesday's game. "Obviously we didn't get it done the first time I was a part of that team. If God blesses me with another opportunity to try it, it would be an honor. I would have a second shot at fulfilling one of my goals."

Colangelo, named head of USA Basketball after the team's poor performances at the 2002 worlds and 2004 Olympics, has made it clear that the U.S. team would not be a collection of superstars hastily put together.

Instead, he wants a group, including role players, that would make a three-year commitment to participate in the camps and form a cohesive team for the worlds this year in Japan and the Olympics in Beijing.

Colangelo said he planned to announce the first batch of players for the camp by the NBA's All-Star break in mid-February.

Colangelo indicated that the Suns could have two players invited -- Shawn Marion and Amare Stoudemire. Colangelo called Marion "the most underrated player in the league." He also said that Stoudemire, out for at least four months following knee surgery, agreed to make the three-year commitment "about 30 seconds" into their conversation.

Duke's Mike Krzyzewski will be the team's head coach. His assistants are Suns coach Mike D'Antoni, Portland Trail Blazers coach Nate McMillan and Syracuse University coach Jim Boeheim.

link

bartek

Nachwuchsspieler
auf hoopsworld steht, dass colangelo.....der suns obermacker... der ja für team usa verantwortlcih ist..

die pistons startet, komplett ins team usa haben will!
wie ich finde! eine tolle idee!!!
so hat man zumindest ein team, und man würde wohl echt jeden schlagen, mit der defense!

dr.gonzo

Nachwuchsspieler
Also, so wie ich den Artikel verstanden habe, handelt es sich dabei um einen (nicht ernst gemeinten) Vorschlag des Autors.Und nicht um eine Überlegung Colangelos.
Es wäre zudem sehr fraglich, ob die Pistons begeistert wären, ihre fünf wichtigsten Spieler mind. zwei Sommer (2006 + 2008) abstellen wollen (=> Übermüdung, Verletzungsgefahr). Außerdem soll das Team ja für Olympia 2008 zusammengestellt werden und ich weiß auch nicht, ob die jetzige Pistons-Five dann auch noch so dominant sein wird.

Danny81

Nachwuchsspieler
Glaub auch net das die Spieler davon begeistert wären....kann mir auch nicht vorstellen das man die komplette Starting Five abstellt....

Elvin Hayes

Nachwuchsspieler
Meine Starting Five:

C: Brad Miller
PF:Jermaine O'Neal
SF:Bruce Bowen
SG:Michael Redd
PG:Chris Paul

sefant77

Schweineliga
Danny81 schrieb:
Quasi die Alt Herrenmannschaft der USA..... ;)
Bis auf Ron Ron und Bowen...

Bill und Dennis 6 Monate ins Bootcamp und ich wäre echt mal gespannt wie sich das Team schlagen würde (auf der Bank natürlich noch ein paar Schützen ala Steve Kerr). Ich glaube besser als das letzte :clown:

Oben