US Postal (Armstrong, Landis, Bruyneel, Ferrari, ...)

tal

Nachwuchsspieler
Floyd Landis gesteht Doping (Überraschung) und erzählt:

In one of the emails, dated April 30 and addressed to Stephen Johnson, the president of USA Cycling, Mr. Landis said that Mr. Armstrong's longtime coach, Johan Bruyneel, introduced Mr. Landis to the use of steroid patches, blood doping and human growth hormone in 2002 and 2003, his first two years on the U.S. Postal Service team. He alleged Mr. Armstrong helped him understand the way the drugs worked. "He and I had lengthy discussions about it on our training rides during which time he also explained to me the evolution of EPO testing and how transfusions were now necessary due to the inconvenience of the new test," Mr. Landis claimed in the email. He claimed he was instructed by Mr. Bruyneel how to use synthetic EPO and steroids and how to carry out blood transfusions that doping officials wouldn't be able to detect.

In the same email, Mr. Landis wrote that after breaking his hip in 2003, he flew to Girona, Spain—a training hub for American riders—and had two half-liter units of blood extracted from his body in three-week intervals to be used later during the Tour de France. The extraction, Mr. Landis claimed, took place in Mr. Armstrong's apartment, where blood bags belonging to Mr. Armstrong and his then-teammate George Hincapie were kept in a refrigerator in Mr. Armstrong's closet. Mr. Landis said he was asked to check the temperature of the blood daily. According to Mr. Landis, Mr. Armstrong left for a few weeks and asked Mr. Landis to make sure the electricity didn't go off and ruin the blood.

In addition to these allegations, Mr. Landis's emails called current anti-doping efforts "a charade," detailed how to use EPO without getting caught and claimed he helped former teammates Levi Leipheimer and Dave Zabriskie take EPO before one Tour of California race.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703691804575255410855321120.html

:rocky:

Aldis

Bankspieler
Ist sowas juristisch verwertbar? Dann wäre Armstrong endlich der Heiligenschein runtergerissen. :saint:

tal

Nachwuchsspieler
Das soll die Mail sein, die Landis verschickt hat. Bester Beweis für die Echtheit: Die typisch amerikanische Unfähigkeit, nichtenglische Namen (inkl. Ortnamen) richtig hinzukriegen. ;)

http://06.live-radsport.ch/thread2824_0/Floyd__mein_Held__jetzt_erst_recht.html

2002: I was instructed on how to use Testosterone patches by Johan Bruyneel during the During the Dauphine Libere in June, after which I flew on a helicopter with Mr Armstrong from the finish, I believe Grenoble, to San Mauritz Switzerland at which point I was personally handed a box of 2.5 mg patches in front of his wife who witnessed the exchange. About a week later, Dr Ferrari performed an extraction of half a liter of blood to be transfused back into me during the Tour de France. Mr Armstrong was not witness to the extraction but he and I had lengthy discussions about it on our training rides during which time he also explained to me the evolution of EPO testing and how transfusions were now necessary due to the inconvenience of the new test. He also divulged to me at that time that in the first year that the EPO test was used he had been told by Mr Ferrari, who had access to the new test, that he should not use EPO anymore but he did not believe Mr Farrari and continued to use it. He later, while winning the Tour de Swiss, the month before the Tour de France, tested positive for EPO at which point he and Mr Bruyneel flew to the UCI headquarters and made a financial agreement with Mr. Vrubrugen to keep the positive test hidden.

2003: After a broken hip in the winter, I flew to Gerona Spain where this time two units (half a liter each) were extracted three weeks apart. This took place in the apartment in which Mr. Armstrong lived and in which I was asked to stay and check the blood temperature every day. It was kept in a small refrigerator in the closet allong with the blood of Mr Armstrong and George Hincapie and since Mr. Armstrong was planning on being gone for a few weeks to train he asked me to stay in his place and make sure the electricity didn't turn off or something go wrong with the referigerator. Then during the Tour de France the entire team, on two different occasions went to the room that we were told and the doctor met us there to do the transfusions. During that Tour de France I personally witnessed George Hincapie, Lance Armstrong, Chechu Rubiera, and myself receiving blood transfusions. Also during that Tour de France the team doctor would give my room mate, George Hincapie and I a small syringe of olive oil in which was disolved andriol, a form of ingestible testosterone on two out of three nights throughout the duration.

I was asked to ride the Vuelta a Espana that year in support of Roberto Heras and in August, between the Tour and the Vuelta, was told to take EPO to raise my hematocrit back up so more blood transfusions could be performed. I was instructed to go to Lances place by Johan Bruyneel and get some EPO from him. The first EPO I ever used was then handed to me in the entry way to his building in full view of his then wife. It was Eprex by brand and it came in six pre measured syringes. I used it intravenously for several weeks before the next blood draw and had no problems with the tests during the Vuelta. Also during this time it was explained to me how to use Human Growth Hormone by Johan Bruyneel and I bought what I needed from Pepe the team "trainer" who lived in Valencia along with the team doctor at that time. While training for that Vuelta I spent a good deal of time training with Matthew White and Michael Barry and shared the testosterone and EPO that we had and discussed the use thereof while training.

Again, during the Vuelta we were given Andriol and blood transfusions by the team doctor and had no problems with any testing.

2004: Again the team performed two seperate blood transfusions on me, but this time Bruyneel had become more paranoid and we did the draws by flying to Belgium and meeting at an unknown persons appartment and the blood was brought by "Duffy" who was at that time Johans assistant of sorts. The second of which was performed on the team bus on the ride from the finish of a stage to the hotel during which the driver pretended to have engine trouble and stopped on a remote mountain road for an hour or so so the entire team could have half a liter of blood added. This was the only time that I ever saw the entire team being transfused in plain view of all the other riders and bus driver. That team included Lance Armstrong, George Hincapie and I as the only Americans.

2005: I had learned at this point how to do most of the transfusion technicals and other things on my own so I hired Allen Lim as my assistant to help with details and logistics. He helped Levi Leipheimer and I prepare the transfusions for Levi and I and made sure they were kept at the proper temperature. We both did two seperate transfusions that Tour however my hematocrit was too low at the start so I did my first one a few days before the start so as to not start with a deficit.

2006: Well you get the idea....... One thing of great signigicance is that I sat down with Andy Riis and explained to him what was done in the past and what was the risk I would be taking and ask for his permission which he granted in the form of funds to complete the operation described. John Lelangue was also informed by me and Andy Riis consulted with Jim Ochowitz before agreeing.

There are many many more details that I have in diaries and am in the process of writing into an intelligible story but since the position of USA Cycling is that there have not been enough details shared to justify calling USADA, I am writing as many as I can reasonably put into an email and share with you so as to ascertain what is the process which USA Cycling uses to proceed with such allegations.

Look forward to much more detail as soon as you can demonstrate that you can be trusted to do the right thing.

Floyd Landis

Alles ziemlich genau so, wie wir uns das immer vorgestellt haben, oder?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

theGegen

Linksverteidiger
Ja, in etwa so habe ich mir das vorgestellt.

Auch die ersten Reaktionen waren für mich erwartbar, so z.B. Pat McQuaid:

cyclingnews schrieb:
...UCI President Pat McQuaid told the Associated Press that Landis' allegations were "scandalous and mischievous."

"These guys coming out now with things like this from the past is only damaging the sport. If they've any love for the sport they wouldn't do it," he said....

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/wada-and-uci-issue-statements-on-landis-confession

:rolleyes:

flowseven

Nachwuchsspieler
Man kann davon ja halten was man will, aber Lance war 2002 nicht mal am Start der tour de Swiss ;) Schwer vorstellbar das er da positiv getestet worden ist.

theGegen

Linksverteidiger
Gemeint ist da wohl das Jahr 2001, als Saint Lance die TdS und danach die TdF gewann. Im textlichen Kontext etwas verwirrend, aber dort gibt es einen zeitlichen Schwenk zurück:
...He also divulged to me at that time that in the first year that the EPO test was used...
Alle bestreiten natürlich die Anschuldigen: Fahrer, Teambesitzer, sportliche Leiter und die UCI. Der dopingverseuchte Flandis erzähle nur Mist, um sich wichtig zu machen und ihm sei sowieso nicht zu glauben.
So ein Hein Verbruggen / Johan Bruyneel - Gemauschel liegt ja auch außerhalb jeder Wahrscheinlichkeit. :rolleyes: :skepsis:

Aldis

Bankspieler
So ein Hein Verbruggen / Johan Bruyneel - Gemauschel liegt ja auch außerhalb jeder Wahrscheinlichkeit. :rolleyes: :skepsis:

Und immer wieder denkt man, jetzt ist wirklich das Ende erreicht, der Sport liegt am Boden und es geht nicht mehr schlimmer. Wie immer, kann man aber mit einem Nachschlag Sahne rechnen.

Falls das stimmen sollte, dass man den positiven Test quasi abgekauft hat, dann sind wir jenseits dessen, was ich mir da an Gemauschel vorstellen konnte.

tal

Nachwuchsspieler
Was ist daran bitte schlimm? Das ist doch die beste Nachricht seit langem. Eine Verbesserung der Situation ist ja gar nicht möglich solange das System Verbruggen/McQuaid regiert. Jetzt gibt es immerhin eine kleine Chance, dass der Misthaufen UCI ausgemistet wird.

Aldis

Bankspieler
Natürlich ist das gut. Aber allein die tatsache, dass es wirklich sowas gibt/gab finde ich schon echt krass. Da fehlen mir die Worte. :rolleyes:

theGegen

Linksverteidiger
Nun, dafür müsste es zuerst einmal eine Tatsache sein. Ich halte es zwar für denkbar :D aber kann natürlich auch sein, dass Flandis Mist erzählt.

tal

Nachwuchsspieler
Das kann natürlich sein, zumal er darin Übung hat. ;) Aber was er erzählt passt einfach so perfekt zu dem Bild, das wir uns zwangsläufig gemacht haben und auch zu anderen Aussagen (z.B. die Geschichten um Andreu/Vaughters, Lemond und und und), dass es eigentlich nur wahr sein kann.

P.S. Danke CocaCoala für die medizinischen Erläuterungen. :italo:

Buster D

Bankspieler
Das Armstrong gedopt hat bzw. dopt, bestreitet wohl niemand mehr ernsthaft. Landis Aussage wird aber auch nicht viel bewegen, weil der sich in den letzten Jahren dermaßen selber demontiert und unglaubwürdig gemacht hat, dass es kaum jemand mehr ernst nimmt, wenn er ausnahmsweise mal die Wahrheit sagt. Echte Beweise scheint er zudem auch nicht zu haben und solange Vino weiter munter beim Giro strampelt, habe ich auch kein Problem mit Armstrong bei der Tour.

Blöd nur, dass ausgerechnet der stets bequeme Ulle den Kopf zu früh in Sand gesteckt hat und Deutschland im demontieren früherer Helden gründlicher ist als andere Nationen. Sonst würde unser Dickerchen jetzt vielleicht zusammen mit Klöden und Vino bei Astana Dopestrong und dem arroganten Spanier das Fürchten lehren :jubel:

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:

Big Shot Rob

Nachwuchsspieler

Drago

Bankspieler
Habt Ihr mitgekriegt was Floyd Landis vergangene Nacht in ner "Talkshow" (im Beckmann Stil) rausgehauen hat? Langsam wird s für Armstrong, Bruyneel und Co echt eng...enger denn je.

CocaCoala

Nachwuchsspieler
Habt Ihr mitgekriegt was Floyd Landis vergangene Nacht in ner "Talkshow" (im Beckmann Stil) rausgehauen hat? Langsam wird s für Armstrong, Bruyneel und Co echt eng...enger denn je.

Die Chancen stehen gut, dass Armstrong zumindest bei dieser Tour sauber mitgefahren ist...:D:D So wie der die Berge hochgeschlichen ist, da kann er ja fast nur sauber gewesen sein. :)

CC

Mango

Nachwuchsspieler
So, die SZ hat mal einen Übersichtsartikel über den Armstrong-Fall verfasst. Man hat mal viele Aussagen gesammelt und raus komm eigentlich nur eines: Für Armstrong, sowie alle, die jetzt noch Funktionärspositionen inne haben, wird es verdammt eng.

GiroTourVuelta

Nachwuchsspieler
Das könnte der Grund sein, weshalb Armstrong einen Ullrich in Topform am Berg stehen lassen konnte wie einen Hobbyfahrer.

Dialog zwischen Vaughters und Andreu

"V: Als ich bei Crédit Agricole war, wurden alle Teams verdächtigt 25 Injektionen pro Tag zu erhalten… Doch bei Crédit gab es null!

A: Willst du damit sagen, dass überhaupt kein Fahrer Injektionen erhielt? Das ist ja doll…

V: Da habe ich kapiert, dass Lance uns Schwachsinn erzählte, wenn er sagte, alle machten es genau wie wir… Glaub mir, so wahnsinnig das klingt, Moreau nahm nichts, sein Hämatokrit war bei 39.

A: In 2000-2001?

V: Ja…. Nun, man beginnt sicherlich nachzudenken. Mist, Kevin (Livingston, der US Postal Ende 2000 verließ, um zu Telekom zu gehen) hat mir gesagt, dass Ullrich niemals mit einem Wert über 42 fuhr."

Quelle:

http://www.cycling4fans.de/index.php?id=3574

Dazu passend die Behauptung von Landis, Armstrong hätte positive EPO Tests von der Tour de Suisse 2001 aufgekauft. Ich weiss das sind schwerwiegende Anschuldigungen aber es ist leicht sich vorzustellen, dass Armstrong durch die Spenden einen Freifahrtschein bei der UCI hatte.
Aufgrund des neuen EPO Tests, der 2000 zu den Olympischen Spielen eingeführt wurde, war EPO Doping nicht mehr so leicht möglich.
Passend dazu erwähnt Landis auch das Armstrong ihm erklärt das Bluttransfusionen "jetzt" nötig sein, da der neue EPO Test so lästig sei.
Und so weit es aus den Unterlagen bekannt ist war Ulle 2003 das erste mal bei Fuentes bezüglich Bluttransfuisonen. Für mich stellt sich jetzt die Frage ob 2001 Ullrich und co. ohne EPO gegen einen Armstrong mit EPO fuhren?
Indiz dafür ist die deutliche Überlegenheit Armstrong's, trotz der Topform von Ulle!

theGegen

Linksverteidiger
Wobei man dann ja immer noch unterscheiden müsste, welcher Qualität oder welcher Auslegung eines Grenzwerts in u.U. anderen relevanten Parametern die eingenommenen Unterstützungsmittel waren.
Anders ausgedrückt: aufgrund unterschiedlicher Fahrweisen hat man bei dem einen mehr in Richtung Ausdauer, Kraft und Hebel nachgeholfen, beim anderen auf Explosivität, Ausdauer und selten endender Energiie gesetzt.
Die Letztere erwies sich als erfolgreicher, was zur Folge hatte, dass dies der Maßstab war, an dem sich andere Teams (mit Ausnahme von ein paar wackeren bzw. finanziell weniger protegierten französischen Teams) orientieren mussten.
Den zeitlichen Vorteil, den sich Armtrong aber durch das Setzen auf die richtige Karte erworben hatte, bekam die Konkurrenz nicht mehr aufgeholt.

Drago

Bankspieler
Man kann zwar nur spekulieren, aber Fakt ist dass US Postal im Jahr 2000 auf EPO untersucht wurde. Der Test war damals noch nicht an der Tagesordnung (erst ab 2001) und alle Proben waren negativ.
Man kann also davon ausgehen, dass USP sehr warscheinlich der Vorreiter des Eigenblutdopings war. Die haben damit schon 2000 angefangen, während es die anderen erst 2-3 Jahre später schnallten.

@ GTV

Interessante Auflistung...aber warum war Ulle dann 2004 und 2005 nicht in der Lage mehr zu reissen? Seine Form da war imo ähnlich wie 2001, nicht schlechter aber auch nicht wie 97 oder 03.

Oben