Wind- und Anlaufregel: Endlich faire Wettkämpfe - oder unnötiger Ballast?

MK23 - skiimport

Nachwuchsspieler
ja mein gott, das macht halt den sport aus. für mich ist skispringen halt so. das macht es doch auch gerade interessant. dann hat halt yumoto nur mit glück gewonnen. ebenso wie funaki vor ein paar jahren oder man schau sich die wm aus dem letzten jahr an. soweit ich mich erinnern kann, wurde küttel auch nur vor schmitt weltmeister wegen den bedingungen. das ist skispringen.

And please note, all of these 'lucky victories' you mentioned happened after 1 round competitions. FIS should emphasize on that, and not this silly wind rule which is creating even bigger lottery.

If we have 2 rounds competition, we will get fair winner. It has always been like that.

Anne

Nachwuchsspieler
But if the wind is really influencing competitions so much, how is it possible that they are always on top?

Also, do you really believe that this Wind Rule is 100% correct?

It is highly impossible that all leading jumpers have bad conditions, that is the explanation!

No one said the rule is 100% correct, but at least a step in the right direction that has to be developed further, as well as the gate changing has to be restricted to absolutely neccessary and unforseeable cases.

MK23 - skiimport

Nachwuchsspieler
It is highly impossible that all leading jumpers have bad conditions, that is the explanation!

No one said the rule is 100% correct, but at least a step in the right direction that has to be developed further, as well as the gate changing has to be restricted to absolutely neccessary and unforseeable cases.

So it can always happen that an athlete loses simply because his bonus was miscalculated. How is this creating competitions more fair? And the same thing goes with gate factor, also remember that style marks are only subjective.
So there are now 3 factors which are pretty much subjective to errors, and on the other side there is the distance, which is only objective factor in ski jumping. So no, these rules will not make competitions more fair. Especially since only 0.01 m/s difference in wind readings also creates difference in final results.

Also, with your way of thinking, you would prefer a situation where Schlierenzauer would win 20 competitions in season and Ammann other 5. Because those 2 are the best ski-jumpers currently.

Better athletes/team never win all competitions/matches, there is no 100% fair sport on this planet!

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:

Anne

Nachwuchsspieler
So it can always happen that an athlete loses simply because his bonus was miscalculated. How is this creating competitions more fair? And the same thing goes with gate factor, also remember that style marks are only subjective.
So there are now 3 factors which are pretty much subjective to errors, and on the other side there is the distance, which is only objective factor in ski jumping. So no, these rules will not make competitions more fair. Especially since only 0.01 m/s difference in wind readings also creates difference in final results.

Wind is an objective factor! It is physically and geometrically measurable as well as calculable in mathematical formulas.
The only thing that is not are the style credits!

MK23 - skiimport

Nachwuchsspieler
Wind is an objective factor! It is physically and geometrically measurable as well as calculable in mathematical formulas.
The only thing that is not are the style credits!

If you really believe that you can accurately measure the effect that wind has on every jump with this system, then it speaks only about your level of knowledge and intelligence.

Anne

Nachwuchsspieler
If you really believe that you can accurately measure the effect that wind has on every jump with this system, then it speaks only about your level of knowledge and intelligence.

But that you are obviously ignorant about physics and mathematics speaks of your level of intelligence.

I don't need to take insults from a person who doesn't even know how mesurability ist scientifically defined. It's irrelevant if you like it or not, wind is measurable!
If you dont like the mathematical formulas used in the process of creating the factor or the way the measurement is taken, that's a different cup of tea - but also one that has to be unterstood first!

But It's easier to refuse everything new and insult if you can't find a real argument, I grant you that.

Hakuba

J-Fan

You should avoid dragging the dispute to a personal level and to question other people's intelligence.

I see the point that you don't want to see ski jumping becoming a sport where the winner is the result of complicated calculations.

But to my mind there is no such danger. To have wind and gate rules does not mean that they have to be used in each and every competition. They can be used whenever there is a need to. And when the wind is varying over a certain level then to measure it and to include it into the points is fairer than to have the wind not considered.

Anne

Nachwuchsspieler
But to my mind there is no such danger. To have wind and gate rules does not mean that they have to be used in each and every competition. They can be used whenever there is a need to. And when the wind is varying over a certain level then to measure it and to include it into the points is fairer than to have the wind not considered.
:up:

Coolman

Nachwuchsspieler
i think skijumping should be transparent. with this new rule skijumping loses a lot of this transparency. this is too much for the spectators that only look skijumping from time to time. it's getting too complicated. skijumping should win that jumper that jumps the largest. in this context even the points for performance are too much cause in some cases if you jump a new hill record you don't win.

MK23 - skiimport

Nachwuchsspieler
But that you are obviously ignorant about physics and mathematics speaks of your level of intelligence.

Believe me, you would be surprised :D:

I don't need to take insults from a person who doesn't even know how mesurability ist scientifically defined. It's irrelevant if you like it or not, wind is measurable!
If you dont like the mathematical formulas used in the process of creating the factor or the way the measurement is taken, that's a different cup of tea - but also one that has to be unterstood first!

Read my full quote :

But It's easier to refuse everything new and insult if you can't find a real argument, I grant you that.

You are the one without valid arguments here.
I have to say again that whoever will enjoy competitions under these new rules is not a sports fan, but a ski-jumping groupie. And I'm sorry You, your comment from yesterday also proves me right at least in your case.

My point is that it is not rules that make a sport attractive or unattractive, but the players or teams. If you like watching football you do it because you are a fan of a certain team/certain players or because you just like the game. You won't stop watching because a new offside rule is introduced. You will get used to it and enjoy as before. The same will happen to ski jumping.

The best jumpers must reach best distances (+ style marks). It is like this in every other sport, everything else does not fit into sports category anymore. And believe me, you will never be able to describe sporting performances only by mathematics. If you don't realize that, that's your problem.

Anne

Nachwuchsspieler
Every system is influenced by its environment, flying sytems included, so a measurement of distance only is NOT objective considering the performance.

And no one here has ever said that the exact influence on every individual jumper can be measured, but the influence of other parameters on the performance than the jump and the jumper itself can be reduced. And that is a fact. As well as no one said that the system is already perfect. You should better read what people write and not what you want to read.

First you say that wind can't be measured objectively, and when you see that this arguemt doesn't work it's the individaul influnce of the wind on a special jumper, was no one had pretended to be able to measure.

I'm definitely fed up with these discussions, they lead nowhere. You turn around other peoples stuff in their mouth alle the time.

Hakuba

J-Fan
And I'm sorry You, your comment from yesterday also proves me right at least in your case.

A person who enjoys watching sports no matter if rules change is a groupie!:irre: You are sure of that?

The best jumpers must reach best distances (+ style marks).

I didn't question this. (I am talking about a wind factor, not about the gate rule as it was practised today and yesterday.)

It is like this in every other sport, everything else does not fit into sports category anymore. And believe me, you will never be able to describe sporting performances only by mathematics. If you don't realize that, that's your problem.

Once more: I like the idea of having a rule to include a wind factor when the wind conditions are changing every few seconds or minutes. And to have a rule that allows to lower the gate when this should become necessary.

Anne

Nachwuchsspieler
A person who enjoys watching sports no matter if rules change is a groupie!:irre: You are sure of that?

I didn't question this. (I am talking about a wind factor, not about the gate rule as it was practised today and yesterday.)

Once more: I like the idea of having a rule to include a wind factor when the wind conditions are changing every few seconds or minutes. And to have a rule that allows to lower the gate when this should become necessary.

You are right, you, but after all the time I tried to get this message across, I fear it would be as useful to explain it to a telegraph pole.

MK23 - skiimport

Nachwuchsspieler
1) A person who enjoys watching sports no matter if rules change is a groupie!:irre: You are sure of that?

2) Once more: I like the idea of having a rule to include a wind factor when the wind conditions are changing every few seconds or minutes. And to have a rule that allows to lower the gate when this should become necessary.

1) True sporting fan, if he is asked why he enjoys the particular sport, will always put emphasize on rules of the game - and not on an athlete or a team. If sporting value of the discipline is lost, I see no reason why I should enjoy it anymore. I want a see a sporting event where I could see the difference between good and bad performances myself, I don't want to see a circus show!
Try asking Formula 1 fan how he feels about F1 today.

2) Even if Wind Rule was 100% correct, I would not like it, because I feel that in that case ski jumping would loose its nature face and charm. And I strongly believe that ski-jumping is enough fair even with old rules. If this was not the case, then we could just delete all previous results. But just to think about using a system which is no were near to 100% accuracy is absolutely bizzare to me. It would be like hawk-eye system in tennis would be correct only on 80% of occasions.

And believe me, I knew from the start that they would use gate regel in such way, because that's Hofer's idea of making the show...everybody jumping around K point - long, but safe jumps.

Kaki

Nachwuchsspieler
Eines sollte aber schon miteinbezogen werden...

Ein schlechter Springer mit einem durchschnittlichen Sprung, springt heute sicher 20-40m weiter (mehr anlauf) ... als ein weltklasse Springer ala Simon, bei gleichen bedingungen (wenn vielleicht kein aufwind ist sondern windstill oder leichter rückenwind) ...

Was heißt das? ... Die schlechten Springer mit einem höheren Gaten können einen schlechteren Sprung zeigen, aber trotzdem im Berreich der weltklasse Leute landen? Und wenn man sich die abzüge fürs Gate (nur fürs Gate!!! ansieht) dann wären das in Relation dazu viel zu wenig Punkte wo abgezogen werden -> DAZU kommt noch das die niedrigen Weiten mit weniger guten Haltungsnoten bewertet werden (nochmals 1-4 Punkte weniger)...

Wenn man das im gesamten betrachtet dürfen die weltklasse Springer sich keine Fehler erlauben, die sich ein schlechterer Springer mit mehr ANlauf aber durchaus erlauben könnte (ist sicher nicht immer so, aber es gibt fälle da ist es so)

Ich denke diese Punkte sollte man sich mal im gesamten überlegen und darüber nachdenken ob das im Gleichgewicht zu der jeweiligen Leistun gsteht?

Der Ansatz und der Grundgedanke an dieser Regel mag ja nicht schlecht sein, aber die Faktoren die ich hier beschrieben habe kann man nicht eingrenzen. Jedem Top Springer kann mal ein schlechterer Sprung passieren, aber gerade beim Skifliegen ist das gut erkennbar.

Des Weiteren würde ich mich folgende Situation interessieren...

HS140 schanze bei rückenwind -0,5 - -1,0 m/s ... die springer schaffen mit erhöhtem anlauf 130m ca. an bestweiten. Ein Topspringer ala Simon geht so viel gates wia möglich runter und sprigt 110m ... der wäre doch sicher mit den bonuspunkten vorne mit dabei... und wenn ihm noch ein guter sprung gelingt und er schafft 120m dann ist er mit großer warschnlichkeit sicher vorne um einiges...

Ich denke man sollte die Windregel abschaffen und nur die Gateregel einsetzten... Das würde mehr Übersicht verschaffen und die Gateregel eigentlich nur zur Sicherheit der Top Leute eingesetzt werden...

Meine persönliche Meinung ist, dass Top Skispringer sich in der Weite immer noch klar vor denn Durchschnittlichen Springer absetzten sollten... ;)

MfG

Sprungbärchen1

Skisprung - Moderator
Das ist doch auch in der Regel so! Wie gesagt, ein Topspringer springt auch mit wenig Anlauf durchaus noch sehr weit. Und wenn es dann 120 m sind, und der schwächere Athlet hatte einen Sprung auf 130 m, mit mehr Anlauf, dann sind die 120 m eben auch was wert, weil man davon ausgehen muss, dass der schwächere Athlet beim gleichen Anlauf wie der Topathlet nur 115 m gesprungen wäre.

Man kann übrigens die Gateregel nicht nur auf die Top-Athleten anwenden. Die Definiton dafür, erlaubt keine Stichhaltigkeit, höchstens die Top 10 des Weltcups. Aber Skispringer sind auch oft starken Schwankungen ausgesetzt. Es war schon sehr gut heute, auch auf Leute wie Hajek zu achten, die durchaus in der Lage sind, einen sehr weiten Flug zu zeigen, der dann gefährlich werden könnte. Wie gesagt, die Jury ist auch kein Hellseher. Wir sehen z.B. nur einen Bruchteil der Anzeigen, die ein Miran Tepes sieht. Man sollte sich also auch nie zu weit aus dem Fenster lehnen, mit der Aussage, man hätte zu weit verkürzt, auch wenn einem die Weiten dies zeigen mögen.

Kaki

Nachwuchsspieler
eben nicht! Das Ganze System wird mit mehr Geschwindigkeit leichter und nicht so anfällig auf Fehler wie bei weniger Geschwindigkeit.

Bei hoher Geschwidigkeit kann ein nicht so perfekter Sprung nur 5m weniger heißen, bei wenig Anlauf allerdings ein totaler absacker und um 20-30m weniger... im gegensatz zu einem Topsprung. Das sieht man sehr gut bei den niedrigeren Ligen des Skispringens, wo häufig mehr Anlauf zu verfügung steht. Kommen sie dann allerdings zum Weltcup wo meist ein stück weniger ANlauf zu Verfügung steht sacken sie ziemlich ab obwohl der Sprung ansich nicht viel anders ist als zuvor.

Das Absprung,- Flugsystem wird mit weniger anlauf schwieriger. Fehler wirken sich gravierender aus. Man hat es schon oft gesehen wenn nur Simon und Gregor gut gesprungen sind und der Rest absackte. Was genau dieser Unterschied ausmacht. Dass kann man mit der neuen Regel leider nicht berücksichtigen, auf das wollte ich ansprechen ;)

Anne

Nachwuchsspieler
Das Problem in der Diskussion ist doch eher, dass einige die neuen Regeln in Grund und Boden verdammen und Argumenten nicht zugänglich sind, während eine andere Gruppe den Grundgedanken gut findet, wenn auch nicht unbedingt dessen Ausführung. Leider hat die inakzeptable Vorgehensweise der Jury im ersten Durchgang auch noch Öl ins Feuer gegossen und eine sachliche Auseinandersetzung sowohl mit der Grundidee als auch mit deren möglichst sinnvoller Umetzung noch mehr erschwert.

Coolman

Nachwuchsspieler
Das Problem in der Diskussion ist doch eher, dass einige die neuen Regeln in Grund und Boden verdammen und Argumenten nicht zugänglich sind, während eine andere Gruppe den Grundgedanken gut findet, wenn auch nicht unbedingt dessen Ausführung.

du machst es doch genau andersrum. wenn ich nicht dafür sein, dann will ich das nicht und ich hab auch meine gründe. ich muss dann auch den argumenten nicht zugänglich sein, weil ich von diesen eben nichts halte. das einzig gute ist, dass man wettkämpfe zu ende führen kann. aber diese gateregel sollte vielleicht in 1 von 10 wettkämpfen genutzt werden. der anlauf muss nach wie vor am besten orientiert werden.

Anne

Nachwuchsspieler
du machst es doch genau andersrum. wenn ich nicht dafür sein, dann will ich das nicht und ich hab auch meine gründe. ich muss dann auch den argumenten nicht zugänglich sein, weil ich von diesen eben nichts halte. das einzig gute ist, dass man wettkämpfe zu ende führen kann. aber diese gateregel sollte vielleicht in 1 von 10 wettkämpfen genutzt werden. der anlauf muss nach wie vor am besten orientiert werden.

In letzterem stimme ich Dir durchaus zu. Die Gateregel ist für Nofälle da.
Und ich bin durchaus nicht komplett begeistert von den neuen Regeln, namentlich nicht ihrer Umsetzung, aber ich finde es geht zumindest mal in die richtige Richtung. Von einer idealen Umsetzung sind wir jedoch noch weit entfernt.

Oben