đŸ‡«đŸ‡ź Thread fĂŒr Finnen Fans

Marre

VÀÀrinkannattaja
BeitrÀge
Ach wie gut, dass es facebook gibt. Wenn sich jetzt noch der Drittplatzierte freiwillig melden wuerde hÀtten wirs...:rolleyes:

You have to remember Finnish ski jumping's new press strategy. It has worked before (and will work again if they just keep their mouths shut few more hours.) Just don't talk about it and it never happened. Bad competition and wrong people in podium? Just keep your mouth shut and don't tell anyone the results. Works like a charm.:aetsch:

Few more hours and they will not be able to tell results in tomorrows papers. And they do not tell them at Tuesday, because then they will be old news. No one will ever know. So mission accomplished. :pffft: :D:

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:

Marre

VÀÀrinkannattaja
BeitrÀge
There really were all the wrong guys on the podium :hihi: At least Anssi won, but even he is a 'rebel' who chose to live and train in the place that is not Lahti or Kuopio. Not a great showcase for National Team... Oh my... (And yes, I choose to laugh, because crying over ski jumping would be senseless.)

Both Anssi and Kalle seemed to have jumped one good jump. Anssi okayish other one, Kalle miserable. The worst thing for me is that Matti was consistently bad. Also Jupe, Jarkko and Sami :neinnein:

Only thing to like is, that there were 42 boys competing in under 18 :up:

Ptitpou

Nachwuchsspieler
BeitrÀge
Frage - wo war eigentlich Herr R. bei der Kombimeisterschaft?:ueberleg:

He crashed at 118m (there is no more measurement there (last is at 110m) and it's simply impossible to land). He injured his arm and decided to don't participate to the roller. Here is a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkfobIRdsIg

When I saw the A-team, I just wanted to cry. It was horrible. For me, the best was Muotka. He was regular. Anssi jumped miserably in the team competition (losing balance in the air or too late), in the trial round today but was a bit better in the competition. His last jump was really beautiful. What to say about Matti... He was in a bad mood the whole weekend. During the flights he was fighting with his skis and he was losing speed and high. It was the Matti of the bad years... Especially the landing at 60m...

Marre

VÀÀrinkannattaja
BeitrÀge
Few more hours and they will not be able to tell results in tomorrows papers. And they do not tell them at Tuesday, because then they will be old news. No one will ever know. So mission accomplished. :pffft: :D:

Worked again. Not a word about the competition in anywhere but few local papers at north (Lapin Kansa etc.) And those papers were more interested in telling how people having a connection to Rovaniemi did well and not to wonder what the h*** is wrong with the A-team. I almost start to really believe this 'new press strategy' is intentional. :duck:

MinniMaus

Nachwuchsspieler
BeitrÀge
in Savon Sanomat the results only...but still!
But a full page about the sport city Innsbruck... :S

Marre

VÀÀrinkannattaja
BeitrÀge
http://yle.fi/urheilu/lajit/hiihtol...ki_suomen_makijoukkueen_veturina_2899681.html

Pekka's take on current situation.

-Matti is the star of the team and Pekka trusts him to keep Finnish ski jumping up. They have totally concentrated to winter with him, he has had a lot more in his plate than only ski jumping but Pekka thinks there has been some much better performances from him during the summer than last summer (they certainly have not been in competitions, I have to add.)
-Pekka thinks he has three jumpers in international top: Matti, Havu and Ville and behind them they are bringing up new generation of younger jumpers. He is especially happy with Anssi and Olli.
-Because the injury situation they are not concentrating in developing individual athletes and do not care at all, how they will do as a team.
-Pekka thinks it was nice that national level athletes jumped well at JyvÀskylÀ, but he thinks it should be taken with a grain of salt, because there is still two months till the winter season starts :)ueberleg: Are national level jumpers and A-team having a different calender and Kipru and Sebastian already living winter time and being in their winter shape?)
-Oh, and no one should worry, because of Matti's or orther A-team jumpers jumping. How nice! :zunge2:

Okay, it's good to see, that Pekka finally admits that they may not be doing greater than ever and that they have to adjust their goals. But still keeping up that 'bad luck, injuries they couldn't do anything about'-excuse is getting older and older. Injuries are certainly a problem, but they are not something, that just happens, not on this extent. They can, and should, be prevented, not almost asked for and then used as an excuse. And summer or no summer, his whole A-team should not be underperforming like this. If it would be only Matti, when fine. But no, it's all of them. Even Anssi should have won with much larger margin to Kipru. I'm sure Kipru did jump his better jumps at JyvÀskylÀ, but still... :neinnein:

Pirkko

Rane-Vermisserin
BeitrÀge
It's a bit more realistic from Pekka, but still...
2 months are not that much time and A-Team should perform better now...
I still think this about finnish jumping next winter: :n8:

danii85

linker Spinner
BeitrÀge
20745_288715094564_611139564_3321472_7593710_n.jpg

Marre

VÀÀrinkannattaja
BeitrÀge
Does anyone know how big quota Finland will have for winter? Four or even less? It will anyway mean, that there will probably be no room for example Jarkko and also Olli and Anssi will be competing their places. I certainly hope they will not just let them home with 'no money for anything with them', but compete them heavily on the CoC, even if it means sacrifices with the A-team. And they should take at least Sebastian with them.

I know the money is tight, but they have certainly had enough for camps. They also have three (3) full time trainers and I think part-time one (and only half a physio :donk:) and they are trying to lure jumpers out of using personal trainers even though using them eases the burden to National Team resources. When situation is, what it is, they should really think hard, how to use their resources.

Flame

Elflein
BeitrÀge
Wie war das: In guten sowie in schlechten Zeiten :party:

Macht weiter so Jungs und wir werden sehen wohin euch das Ganze bringt. Dennoch wird meine Flagge weiter wehen...

Kittygatito

Nachwuchsspieler
BeitrÀge
Hat noch wer Pillen fĂŒr mich? Ich will die langsam echt auch mal probieren!!!

:neinnein:

Aber ich gebe Flame recht: wir halten den Jungs die Treue und wenn wir untergehen, dann gemeinsam und mit Pauken und Trompeten! :party:

Pirkko

Rane-Vermisserin
BeitrÀge
Does anyone know how big quota Finland will have for winter? Four or even less? It will anyway mean, that there will probably be no room for example Jarkko and also Olli and Anssi will be competing their places. I certainly hope they will not just let them home with 'no money for anything with them', but compete them heavily on the CoC, even if it means sacrifices with the A-team. And they should take at least Sebastian with them.

I know the money is tight, but they have certainly had enough for camps. They also have three (3) full time trainers and I think part-time one (and only half a physio :donk:) and they are trying to lure jumpers out of using personal trainers even though using them eases the burden to National Team resources. When situation is, what it is, they should really think hard, how to use their resources.

I think from Kuusamo until Engelberg they still have 5 or even 6 (depends how other jumpers did in summertime) and then per period one or two less....

danii85

linker Spinner
BeitrÀge
Mich nervt einfach nur, dass er immer wieder auf den Verletzungen beharrt. - Ja, es is tragisch und nen harter Verlust aber das entblösst doch endlich mal die tiefe Wunde die das "System" (was fuer mich keins ist) seit Jahren hat. Jetzt ist man am Punkt angekommen wo man zwischen Geissel und Untergang wÀhlen muss. Ich hoffe nur der Mann an der Urne wÀhlt richtig. :rolleyes:

Marre

VÀÀrinkannattaja
BeitrÀge
Mich nervt einfach nur, dass er immer wieder auf den Verletzungen beharrt.

What pisses me off in the constant injury talk is, that not once has he talked what they are doing to prevent them, what they think have caused them and what they are planning to do differently to avoid them. Injuries come up only as excuses for bad performances, not something that training mistakes etc. cause. Bad luck is bad luck, but during Pekka's time there has been just too many major injuries and the like (yes, I think that part what happened with Hapa goes to this category) not to really stop and look, what they are doing and how they should handle these things. During this time for example two jumpers have had a repeat injury during their very early stages of being back. Something clearly is not working there.

SiSa

Nachwuchsspieler
BeitrÀge
Harri hat gestern vor dem 1. Dg ein Interview gegeben (kurz danach auch Pekka, beide auf dem Trainerturm). Weiss jemand von euch worum es da ging? Habe weder etwas im Fernsehen gesehen noch gelesen...
Und Ville K. geht wieder ohne KrĂŒcke :up: (humpelt aber leider noch etwas)

Iselinchen1

Nachwuchsspieler
BeitrÀge
Hat noch wer Pillen fĂŒr mich? Ich will die langsam echt auch mal probieren!!!

:neinnein:

Aber ich gebe Flame recht: wir halten den Jungs die Treue und wenn wir untergehen, dann gemeinsam und mit Pauken und Trompeten! :party:

Ich gehöre auch zu denen, die zu den Jungs hĂ€lt, egal wie es kommt. Zur Not mĂŒssen wir eben eine Wartezeit ggf. auch ĂŒber Jahre, in Kauf nehmen SISU!

Oben