🇺🇸 Team USA

Kirsten

Moderator Wintersport
Teammitglied
Es wurden jetzt 9 Damen/Mädels ausgewählt, die nun Mitglied im U.S. Visa Women’s Ski Jumping Team sind:

Sarah Hendrickson of Park City, UT is the current World Champion and was the first woman to ski jump in the Olympics.
Jessica Jerome, also of Park City, UT, is a ten-time National Champion and was a top-ten finisher at the 2014 Sochi Olympics.
Lindsey Van, of Grosse Pointe, MI and a true legend in ski jumping, became the first World Champion in women’s ski jumping through her first-place finish at the inaugural Women’s Championships in 2009.
Nita Englund, of Iron Mountain, MI, has had recent podium finishes at Continental Cup and FIS Cup competitions in Falun, Sweden and Trondheim, Norway.
Tara Geraghty-Moats of West Fairlee, VT, recently placed third at the National Championships in Lake Placid, securing her place on the National Team.
Abby Hughes, of Park City, UT, has had top ten finishes at Continental Cup events and took ninth place at the Olympic test event in Sochi, Russia.
Nina Lussi of Lake Placid, NY, had several top-ten and podium finishes on the Continental Cup and FIS Cup circuits in recent years.
Cara Larson of Barrington, IL, who is a graduate of the Fly Girls development program, recently took first place at the Junior National Championships and seventh place at the National Championships in Lake Placid, New York.
Logan Sankey of Steamboat Springs, CO, also a participant in the inaugural Fly Girls development program, recently took second place at the Junior National Championships and sixth place at the National Championships in Lake Placid, New York.
http://us3.campaign-archive2.com/?u=46891d94c9ef9d654440eb0b2&id=4fafb884d6

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:

Kirsten

Moderator Wintersport
Teammitglied
Nick auf Facebook

It's crazy for me to think that it's only been 3 weeks since I crashed and broke my back! There have already been so many ups and downs, and I know this is just the beginning!
Regardless, I am extremely grateful that I did not suffer any head injuries and that I still have the whole use of my mind! In the past weeks, I have had so much fun with my family and nurses, who have made everything so much easier and enjoyable!
It will be a long recovery; however, I know I have an am...azing support group and a strong mind to keep pushing through to a full recovery!
I cannot even begin to explain how Grateful I am for all the love and support I have received from family, friends, and the incredible generosity of our Ski Jumping community! Thank you so much, as it has brought tears to my eyes and strength to my heart!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...94021712343.2137461.1325550244&type=1&theater

(und ich könnt schon wieder n paar Tranchen verdrücken :()

Kirsten

Moderator Wintersport
Teammitglied
2015 U.S. World Championship Ski Jumping Team
(Name, hometown, birthdate, USSA club, past World Champs)

Men
Nick Alexander, Lebanon, NH, 8/24/88, Lebanon Outing Club
Will Rhoads, Park City, UT, 6/8/95, UOP Sports Clubs

Women
Nita Englund, Florence, WI, 6/10/92, Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club
Tara Garaghty-Moats, Fairlee, VT, 4/12/93, Lebanon Outing Club
Sarah Hendrickson, Park City, UT, 8/1/94, Women’s Ski Jumping USA (2009, 2011, 2013)
Abby Hughes, Park City, UT, 6/21/89, Women’s Ski Jumping USA (2011, 2013)
Jessica Jerome, Park City, UT, 2/8/87, Women’s Ski Jumping USA (2009, 2011, 2013)

http://nordic.usskiteam.com/news/world-championship-ski-jumping-team-named

Kirsten

Moderator Wintersport
Teammitglied
Neues von Nick Fairall:

https://www.facebook.com/fairallni/posts/10204364947746877

Hauptaussage wohl: er hat zumindest wieder GefĂĽhl in den Beinen und was Beweglichkeit in der HĂĽfte. Aber es wird noch lange dauern, bis er (wenn ĂĽberhaupt) jemals wieder komplett laufen und Sport treiben kann.
Er klingt aber sehr voll Hoffnung und vor allem sehr positiv. Es wirkt als wĂĽrde er sich von dem Sch*** seine Lebensfreude nicht nehmen lassen

G

Gast

Neues von Nick Fairall:

https://www.facebook.com/fairallni/posts/10204364947746877

Hauptaussage wohl: er hat zumindest wieder GefĂĽhl in den Beinen und was Beweglichkeit in der HĂĽfte. Aber es wird noch lange dauern, bis er (wenn ĂĽberhaupt) jemals wieder komplett laufen und Sport treiben kann.
Er klingt aber sehr voll Hoffnung und vor allem sehr positiv. Es wirkt als wĂĽrde er sich von dem Sch*** seine Lebensfreude nicht nehmen lassen
Sein Ziel ist es, wieder Ski zu springen. Da kann man ihm nur die Daumen drĂĽcken, dass es fĂĽr ihn stetig nach oben gehen wird. :up:

Rising Sun

Mountain Girl
Ich freue mich so, dass es ihm zumindest ein wenig besser geht. Ich habe in der letzten Zeit oft an ihn gedacht und immer wieder gehofft, dass es bald positive Neuigkeiten von ihm gibt. Der Traum wieder Skispringen zu können gibt ihm bestimmt noch zusätzliche Kraft, aber auch so ist sein Kampfgeist und Optimismus einfach nur zu bewundern! Er wird es schaffen wieder gesund zu werden, ich glaube ganz fest dran!

Kirsten

Moderator Wintersport
Teammitglied
Bald bleibt da ja keiner mehr ĂĽbrig. Nach den 2 verletzten Nicks hat nun Anders Johnson beschlossen, 1 Jahr Pause zu machen

Hey Everyone!

Its been a while since I've posted anything on here, so I thought I would give you all a little update. As team USA starts their new season preparations, this will be the first time in a VERY long time that I will not be participating. After taking some time off this spring, I realized that I simply do not have the motivation right now to give 100% to training and competing. So, after careful consideration I have decided to take this coming season off and focus on other parts of my life. I still believe that I have more to give as an athlete, but the time has come to take a step back and regain my motivation and love for Ski Jumping. Its going to be a strange adjustment not being a full time athlete, but I'm really looking forward to the change and I hope to be back next year stronger than ever!

Anders Johnson

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=454619508047243&id=223459447829918

Rising Sun

Mountain Girl
Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:

Kirsten

Moderator Wintersport
Teammitglied
Es geht vorwärts bei Nick Alexander, sein Plan ist, nächste Woche die ersten Sprünge zu machen

Six months ago today I faced surgery and a lot of doubts about my future. I can be confident in saying this experience has made me a better, stronger and more motivated athlete and I'm excited to get back to jumping. I'm hoping to take my first jumps in one week. Stoked. Thanks to all the people who've helped me, pushed me and driven me to get here!

Oben