Detroit Pistons - Dinge, die keinen eigenen Thread verdienen

John Dunbar

Banned
Laimbeer schrieb:
ich sehe weder indiana noch philadelphia als wirklichen stolperstein in der 1.runde, kritisch hätte ich eher new jersey gesehen, obwohl ich carter gerade gegen uns nicht so viel zugetraut hätte...
auch in der 2. runde (für mich wahrscheinlich gegen boston) sehe ich klare vorteile, oder glaubt jemand ernsthaft, fatman walker schraubt seine quoten in den playoffs hinauf?

mein tip: in den ECF gegen miami, oder, falls wir nicht schon in der 1. runde auf sie treffen, new jersey als überraschender 8. sieger gegen den 1. miami...
Noch sind wir nicht Tod ;)

MJ (operiert)

Nachwuchsspieler
so jungs, jetz isses offiziell gegen die sixers!
wir wissen ja, das tay in den playoffs regelmäßig heiß läuft. er spielt in besonderen spielen meist besonders gut. hier für meine pistons leute dies noch nicht kennen schon mal ein vorgeschmack was iverson erwarten könnte.

http://home.fuse.net/eCat/hittinitdeep.wmv

das coolste, was tay bisher geliefert hat.

MisterTwister

Nachwuchsspieler
He has hit five in a row from three-point-land. Fascinating :eek: .

Kannte das Video noch gar nicht. Danke für den Link, MJ (operiert). Hab' selten so 'nen "hot streak" gesehen.

Joe Berry

Kosmopolitische NBA-Koryphäe
ja das vid ist ein Klassiker ! :thumb: kann man sich immer wieder anschauen, grrrr noch 2 tage, dann gehts ab ! :D

gabilon

Nachwuchsspieler
What a play by Tayshaun Prince. Kannte das Video auch noch nicht. Thanx.
Hoffentlich läuft er in den Playoffs auch wieder so heiß. Das wäre sooo wichtig für die Pistons.

Kobe 8

Crossover-Redakteur
Joe Dumars sollte sich schon mal auf die Suche nach einem neuen Backup-Shooting Guard für Rip machen. Carlos Delfino hat nämlich die Schnauze gestrichen voll und weigert sich jetzt, auch nur noch ein Spiel für die Pistons zu machen.

The 6ft 6in Delfino is so upset that he has vowed to never play for Brown or the Pistons again.
"They used me, they treated me like trash," he said. "They should transfer me or cut me. From this place, I have the worst memories of my career.

"Obviously, Brown did this on purpose," Delfino said. "In the last couple of games, he gave me a lot of minutes, he told me I was doing great, that I was very useful because I can play three positions ...

"And now he chooses Darvin Ham, who hasn't played for a while and has a knee problem.

"For this guy (Brown), I will not play anymore," Delfino fumed in the Argentina press. "And I don't want to stay here (in Detroit)."

Damit bin ich offiziell dafür, dass Dumars im Sommer Rickey Paulding über den großen Teich nach Motown holt. Der hat sich in Jerusalem ganz gut gemacht. Zeigt auch wieder, dass Brown anscheinend generell eine Abneigung gegen europäische Spieler hat....

Joe Berry

Kobe 8 schrieb:
Joe Dumars sollte sich schon mal auf die Suche nach einem neuen Backup-Shooting Guard für Rip machen. Carlos Delfino hat nämlich die Schnauze gestrichen voll und weigert sich jetzt, auch nur noch ein Spiel für die Pistons zu machen.

Damit bin ich offiziell dafür, dass Dumars im Sommer Rickey Paulding über den großen Teich nach Motown holt. Der hat sich in Jerusalem ganz gut gemacht. Zeigt auch wieder, dass Brown anscheinend generell eine Abneigung gegen europäische Spieler hat....

gut das Delfino Argentinier ist :rolleyes:

Who

Bankspieler
@ Joe Asberry : Was nun überhaubt nichts an der Aussage an sich ändert. Setz halt "internationals" ein.

Das komplette Interview (das eigentlich entscheidende fehlt in der Kurzfassung ) :

He was angry, very angry. Just a few minutes ago he heard the news that Larry Brown, his coach, had left him out of the playoff roster. Carlos Delfino couldn't hide his anger when he spoke to Ole. "They fu*ked with me", was his first phrase, the same that he repeated many times in the next 20 minutes. "Officially, I don't know nothing, I heard through the media...Practise ended at three and nobody spoke with me. Not the coach, not the manager. I didn't expect it from Brown, who doesn't even salute me...But I did expect it from (Joe) Dumars, who supported me when I went to my country to have surgery for the second time (in his right knee). But that's how the game is played here, the person doesn't matter" the rookie forward started.

Q:-What explanation do you found on Brown's decision?

A:- That he wants to fool me. Now it is clear that he made the decision before. In this last two games I've played a lot and as a starter (31 minutes on Wednesday), Brown approached me, told me I did well, that I could play in three positions...And now he comes up with this. He chooses (Darvin) Ham, who wasn't playing since a long while, and has a knee problem. He wanted to return the favour.

Q:- Why?

A:- He didn't explain to me. It must be related with my insult the other day. He kept his grudge since then. He seemed to change in the last few days, but now I see it wasn't like that...

Q:-How was that of the insult? Did you apologize?

A:- The truth is...There was only one minute to go and the game was over. He ordered to Arroyo and me to get in. We step and I say to Arroyo "He remembered that we're here". Then I get in, made a mistake (he says something like "I've **** it up") and he pulls me out angered. When I walk by him he calls me "as*hole" then I insult him in Spanish. I reacted, I'm a big mouthed ****, but I did because he insulted me first. It's the truth. That's why I didn't apologize to him, I just talked with Dumas and told him that I've made a mistake. But nothing else.

Q:-The relationship with Brown was always that bad?

A:- He never approached me, talked or was polite. I barely got a "hello". The day I got injured for the first time, he shouted "run, run" at me, and I couldn't. The next day I had an artoscopy(I don't know how to translate that), I never knew what his mood was, I found out on the papers. Like when he said that I didn't play any defense. He didn't told me what I was doing right and what was wrong. He never said anything in my face. I haven't learned anything with him as coach. He can't deal with the psichological side of a player.

Q:-Brown had problems with other Pistons players and with Iverson in the 76ers. His rants are normal. Do you really believe that it was because of that insult?

A:- Yes, it is true, he had problems with others, but I'm not Iverson. He can't leave him (Iverson) outside the playoff rosters, but he can leave me out...I'm a rookie. But what happened is something normal in professionalism, it just happens everywhere.

Q:-Maybe the fact that you got surgery in Argentina and he didn't want you to, could have had some influence?

A:- I don't think so...(thinks)... All was authorized. Here they saw the good side, they knew I would feel better in my country...and so it was. I felt terrible since I came back (to Detroit).

Delfino had two right knee surgeries that kept him on the injured list for three months. He only played 30 games with an average of 15.3 minutes. His regular season stats are 3.9 points, 36% Field goals percentage, 58% Free Throws, 1.8 Rebound and 1.3 assist. More was expected from him.

Q:-Will you be critic of your performance?

A:- Now they will say that I'm difficult, that I always have problems with the coaches, but I didn't do anything wrong. I had the worst year of my career. But the main reason was the injury. They told me that they were going to give me minutes and they didn't...Later, when I was healthy, my game was good. But I had the injury and playing so many games isn't easy. And getting into rhythm after such a long time. But I proved to myself that I can play in the NBA. Even standing in one leg like I'm at this moment. Besides, I was professional. I didn't play but still I trained the double. I don't see my mistake.

Q:-How do you see your future?

A:- For this guy (Brown) I don't play again. And I don't want to stay here (Detroit). I felt like ****, they treated me like garbage. I expected another gesture, even from Dummars. I wish they trade or waive me. Maybe I say this because I'm really upset, but from this place I have the worst memories of my career and I want to go home.

verdammt starker Tobak. Sollte das stimmen ist das für mich durchaus ein Grund die beherrschung zu verlieren ..........
Andererseits hat er trotzdem trotz des Interview ganz normal am Training teilgenommen, auch die Detroiter Medien haben es nicht übermäßig stark aufgenommen, mal schauen wie das sich entwickelt.
Mal ganz davon ab : Ob Brown im nächsten Jahr noch Coach ist ? Kommt der repeat dürfte er zurücktreten (hat ja schon vorher geäußert dass es evtl besser gewesen wäre nach dem Titel letzte Saison abzutreten und der einzige Grund war wohl der es zu wiederholen ) , geht es schief vor den Finals bin ich noch sicherer .
Die gesundheitlichen Probleme die er immer wieder hatte kommen dazu, wirkte ja auch oftmals "müde" in dieser saison. Fraglich ob er wirklich sich zutraut diese Knochenmühle NBA wirklich bis Vertragsende durchzuhalten.

Halte ihn im übrigen für einen erstklassigen Trainer, nur sollte man es vermeiden ihm weniger als 9,10 erfahrene und ausgebildete Spieler zur verfügung zu stellen ;)

Joe Berry

Solange Brown weiter Championchips gewinnt, hat er immer recht ;)

Aber nach dem ganzen Theater in dieser Season, seine Aussagen, er wollte nachm Brawl fast aufhören, dann nach seinen 2 Operationen und dann sowas wie : Ich wollte schon immer die Knicks coachen, blabla,... also ich gehe davon aus das sich LB verpisst im Sommer( nachm repeat *g ), unter einem neuen Coach sieht das ganze vielleicht schon ganz schnell anders aus...Brown hat halt Prinzipien und junge Spieler passen oft nicht in sein Schema rein, vor allem Ausländer die keine Defense können ;)

Delfino war 3 Monate raus, und kam wohl zu spät wieder um sich einen Platz zu erkämpfen, auch wen er in den letzten Games Ansätze gezeigt hat...trotzdem das war Joe's Entscheidung...und ich bin doch etwas enttäuscht, Darvin Ham ist ne Wurst, wenn auch ein ehrlicher Fighter...der bringt nix...Delfino hat ganz klar Talent...was mich aber am meisten stört, man hat den 5ten Guard gecutet und mit Ham den 8ten Frontcourtspieler geadded...also geht man in die Playoffs mit 4 ! Guards...CB,RIP, Hunter und Arroyo...wieder kein backup SG dabei, aber man halts letztes Jahr auch ohne einen geschafft...trotzdem lieber einen talentierten Guard als Versicherung auf der Bank, als Hamslam :!

was solls ich glaub Darko& Delfino bleiben beide in Detroit und sobald Brown's Ära vorbei ist, fängt die Zukunft mit diesen beiden Jungs an :)

MJ (operiert)

Nachwuchsspieler
soll delfino doch abhauen, wer es nicht zu schätzen weiß, bei den pistons zu spielen, soll gehen. die memme heult seit seiner verletzung nur noch rum, das es fast lächerlich is. gebt uns nen anständigen shooting guard. holt jon barry zurück.

MJ (operiert)

Nachwuchsspieler
29/04/2005
ARG - Delfino mends fences with Pistons

BUENOS AIRES (NBA) - Argentina international Carlos Delfino has admitted that he overreacted after being told by coach Larry Brown he wouldn't be part of the Detroit Pistons team for the play-offs.

Delfino, who won a gold medal with Argentina in the Athens Olympics, had accused the Pistons of "using" him and treating him "like trash", but, after receiving several phone calls, he has now adopted a more conciliatory stance.

"Now I'm calmer, I'm going to the practices and I help in whatever way I can," Delfino said.

"I work with my team-mates and I support them. I know that I reacted a bit badly, but it was mainly because they (the team) didn't tell me a thing and I got to know (he wasn't playing) only because of the phone calls I received from Argentina."

"That was the worst part of it. But that's it. I have already turned the page."

The 22-year-old, playing in his his rookie season in the NBA after being a star in Europe, received the advice from his loved ones.

His father, also named Carlo, was one of them: "I told him to stay with the team, to work hard and not to speak to the Detroit press."

His 25-year-old Argentina team-mate Andres Nocioni, also having his rookie season in the NBA but with more success, also spoke to Delfino.

"I spoke to 'Carlitos' and I explained to him that you should close your mouth to play in the NBA. He's young and he should be careful of his words because he has a great future," the Chicago Bulls forward said.

Meanwhile, Delfino said he has clarified the situation with his team-mates. "I explained to them what happened and I received their support," he said.

By Sergio Ferraro, PA International, Buenos Aires

hört sich schon besser an, gringo :)

MJ (operiert)

Nachwuchsspieler
da sich alle pistons fans in den playoff foren aufhalten, bekritzel ich den detroit thread bis zur meisterfeier weiterhin mit paar sachen:
zum beispiel bezüglich kommender saison:
wir haben ja mit paulding und glyniadakis zwei gedraftete spieler, die zur zeit noch in europa sind. hier mal die stats, wie sie die saison so verbracht haben:

Rickey Paulding (Hapoel Jerusalem)
.......................Gm...Min...Pts...Reb...Ast...Stl...Blk..TO...FG%...FT%...3p%
Saison.............. 22...27,6..12,5..4,4...1,9...1,2..0,3..1,4..58,5...75,0...51,9
ULEB Cup...........10...24,5...9,2...3,5...1,0...1,6..0,1..1,7..64,7...63,0...25,0

Andreas Glyniadakis (AEK Athen)
.........................Gm...Min...Pts...Reb...Ast...Stl...Blk..TO.. FG%...FT%...3p%
Saison,Eurol, cup...41...8,7...3,0....1,3...0,2...0,1..0,3..1,0..62,0...82,0....--

gute trefferquote, die jungs, würd mich freuen, wenn wir beide nächstes jahr bei den pistons sehen würden.

King_of_NBA

Nachwuchsspieler
Würde Delfino ma mehr als aus Sich rausholen wäre er ganz ok aber auch nur als BACK-Up....als starter viel zu Lasch wie MJ schon sagt ne Memme,kann ich nicht verstehen wie man sich so hängen lassen kann,weil man grad in der NBA spielt und dann noch bei einem Titelverteidiger :wall:

dio

Nachwuchsspieler
jordan ist genauso ein sp*st.. lieber kobe als jordan udn dass ich das mal sage..

aber ich bezweifel dass man die 2 jungs unter brown in der nba sehen wird..

MisterTwister

Nachwuchsspieler
Gute Nachrichten für alle Fans der Pistons:

Dumars, the architect of the defending champs, is in the last season of his contract. He and owner Bill Davidson are expected to work out a new deal, if one hasn't been reached already. For all of the distractions Brown causes by flirting with other teams, Dumars is the key here. He's assembled a good enough team where the next coach could also win a title.

Quelle

dio

Nachwuchsspieler
King_of_NBA schrieb:
Würde Delfino ma mehr als aus Sich rausholen wäre er ganz ok aber auch nur als BACK-Up....als starter viel zu Lasch wie MJ schon sagt ne Memme,kann ich nicht verstehen wie man sich so hängen lassen kann,weil man grad in der NBA spielt und dann noch bei einem Titelverteidiger :wall:

ging darum, um mj's aussage, darauf meinte ich er sei ein spast und da mag ich kobe mehr als ihn, was widerum schon ziemlich heftig ist :)

MJ (operiert)

Nachwuchsspieler
also ich glaube king_of_nba meinte mit MJ nicht Michael Jordan, sondern mich und wenn ich das richtige verstehe bezeichnest du mich hier gerade als spast. stell das mal richtig oder hattest du echt vor mich zu beleidigen?

wenn du in delfino keine memme siehst, versteh ich es nicht ganz. oder wie würdest du jemanden bezeichnen, der ständig heim zu papa fliegen muss und sich dort ausheult, weil er nicht so viel einsatz zeit bekommt, wie er will, sich nach einer verletzung ständig fragt, ob jetzt seine karriere im arsch ist, dann nach hause fliegt zu papa um sich auszuheulen, weil es doch so weh tut, und schließlich heim zu papa fliegt, weil der coach ihn aus dem play off roster kickt- lächerlich der punk

Oben