Golota - Saleta 13.8

André

Nachwuchsspieler
Bodycount schrieb:
Sicher wäre Brewster schlecht , hat man ja gesehen .

Wäre nicht vielleicht auch eine Revanche interessant?
Ich bin mir ziemlich sicher,dass es in einem Rückkampf anders aussehen würde

André

Nachwuchsspieler
Special Heavyweight Attraction “Polish Fight of the Century”:

Andrew “Powerful Pole” Golota vs. Przemyslaw “Chemek” Saleta

Golota vs. Saleta is a Polish super-fight that had been planned to take

place twice previously only to be delayed until now. The two great Polish

heavyweights were close to finalizing a deal in 1999, but Golota chose to

face Michael Grant instead. Similarly, Golota had been in discussions to

face Saleta the following year but opted to face “Iron” Mike Tyson.

Saleta, (42-6, 21 KOs) from Warsaw, Poland, has long fought in the shadow of

his more famous countryman Golota; however, Saleta was the first Polish

fighter to turn professional in 1991. He had been a national, European and

world kickboxing champion as both an amateur and professional, who turned to

boxing “because I had achieved everything there was to achieve in the

sport,” Saleta said.

Saleta sparred with Golota in the late 1980s, but the two fighters have

followed completely different paths since then both in and out of the ring.

While Golota became an enigmatic introvert whose boxing skills brought him

to the top of the heavyweight division, Saleta, with his movie star looks

and endorsement deals, has become a media darling in Poland who often graces

the covers of female-appeal magazines.

“I have always wanted to prove that I am a better fighter than Golota and as

good as any fighter in the world,” Saleta said. “He’s just had better

promoters. This will be the Polish Fight of the Century and Chicago will be

a better place for this fight than Warsaw.

“Golota has always talked about me in the press and now he’s going to have

to face me in the ring. I will do the same thing Brewster did to him.”

Saleta lived in Florida and trained under the legendary Angelo Dundee from

1992 to 1996. Saleta became the WBC International cruiserweight champion in

1994 before moving to heavyweight the following year.

Saleta’s career highlight occurred when he became the first and only Polish

fighter to become European champion when he scored a ninth-round technical

knockout over then-undefeated Luan Krasniqi in Dortmund, Germany on July 20,

2002. (Krasniqi defeated Lance “Mount” Whitaker on May 28 in a World Boxing

Organization elimination bout, which puts him in line to face champion

“Relentless” Lamon Brewster.)

Golota’s last three fights have been for world heavyweight titles. He

fought IBF champion Chris Byrd to a draw at Madison Square Garden on April

17, 2004. After knocking down World Boxing Association heavyweight champion

John “The Quietman” Ruiz twice in the second round at the Garden on Nov. 13

(and Ruiz had a point deducted for hitting on the break in round four), he

still suffered a decision loss. Many ringside observers felt Golota had won

both of these contests.

In his last appearance, Golota (38-6-1, 31 KOs) faced WBO heavyweight

champion “Relentless” Lamon Brewster on May 21 at the United Center and

suffered a first-round technical knockout.

After having gone 24 rounds with two world champions, Golota was let down

after losing so quickly to the WBO champion.

“I feel unfulfilled after the Brewster fight,” Golota said. “Those 53

seconds is not who I am and what boxer I am. I don’t want to leave the

sport this way. Knockouts are just part of boxing

André

Nachwuchsspieler
Ticketinfos

August 13, 2005

Rahman vs. Barrett
Click here to order tickets online from Ticketmaster.

Don King Productions Presents . . .
WBC Heavyweight Championship
Rahman vs. Barrett

Saturday, August 13, 2005 at TBA.

Tickets on sale Tuesday, June 14, 2005 @ 1:00 p.m.

Seating Chart

Ticket Prices:
Floor: $400.00, $250.00
100 Level: $250.00, $150.00, $100.00
200 Level: $100.00
300 Level: $50.00, $25.00

Ticket Limit: TBA

Other Information: Also featuring Golota vs. Saleta. Other boxing events on the card TBA.

Tickets can also be purchased in person at the United Center Box Office, at Ticketmaster outlets, and by phone through Ticketmaster at 312-559-1212.

United Center rental suites are also available. For more information, please call 312-455-4000.

André

Nachwuchsspieler
Poles apart, together!
Andrew “Powerful Pole” Golota vs. Przemyslaw “Chemek” Saleta is the main support to the Rahman-Barrett fight for the WBC Heavyweight title in Chicago
on August 13

Golota vs. Saleta is a Polish super-fight that had been planned to take place twice previously.
The two great Polish heavyweights were close to finalizing a deal in 1999, but Golota chose to face Michael Grant.
And Golota had discussions to face Saleta the following year but opted to face “Iron Mike” Tyson.

Michigan Commission ruled No Contest 3 after Tyson read positive to marijuana.

Saleta, (42-6, 21 KOs) from Warsaw, Poland, has long fought in the shadow of his more famous countryman Golota.
However Saleta was the first Polish fighter to turn professional in 1991.
He had been a national, European and world kickboxing champion, both amateur and professional. "I turned to boxing because I had achieved everything there was to achieve in the other sport,” Chemek Saleta said.

Saleta sparred with Golota in the late 1980s, but the two fighters have followed completely different paths since.
While Golota became an enigmatic introspect whose boxing skills brought him to the top of the heavyweight division, Saleta, with his movie star looks and endorsement deals became a media darling in Poland and often graces the covers of women's-appeal magazines.

“I have always wanted to prove that I am a better fighter than Golota and as good as any fighter in the world,” Chemek Saleta said. “He’s just had better promoters. This will be the Polish Fight of the Century and Chicago will be a better place for this fight than Warsaw.

“Golota has always talked about me in the press and now he’s going to have to face me in the ring. I will do to him what Brewster did."

Saleta lived in Florida and trained under the legendary Angelo Dundee from 1992 to 1996. Saleta became the WBC International cruiserweight champion in 1994 before moving to heavyweight the following year.

Chemek Saleta’s career highlight occurred when he became the first and only Polish fighter to become European champion. He scored a ninth-round technical knockout over then-undefeated Luan Krasniqi in Dortmund, Germany on July 20, 2002.
(Krasniqi defeated Lance “Mount” Whitaker this May 28 in a World Boxing Organization elimination bout, which puts him in line to face champion “Relentless” Lamon Brewster.)

Golota’s last three fights have been for world heavyweight titles.
He fought IBF champion Chris Byrd to a draw at Madison Square Garden on April 17, 2004. After knocking down World Boxing Association heavyweight champion John “The Quietman” Ruiz twice in the second round at the Garden on Nov. 13 (and Ruiz had a point deducted for hitting on the break in round four), he still suffered a decision loss.
Many ringside observers felt Golota had won both of these contests.

His last appearance, however, was disastrous. Golota (38-6-1, 31 KOs) lasted less than a minute with WBO heavyweight champion “Relentless” Lamon Brewster on May 21 at the United Center..
“I feel unfulfilled after the Brewster fight,” Golota said. “Those 53 seconds are not who I am and what boxer I am. I don’t want to leave the sport this way. Knockouts are just part of boxing.”

André

Nachwuchsspieler
Leider verstehe ich kein polnisch......

Przemysław Saleta wierzy w zwycięstwo nad Gołotą

Przemysław Saleta rozpoczął w Zakopanem treningi przed walką z Andrzejem Gołotą. Bokserzy spotkają się na ringu 13 sierpnia w Chicago.

- Wierzę, że wygram, a jeśli tak, to przynajmniej teoretycznie pod koniec kariery wszystkie drzwi do największych tytułów staną przede mną otworem - powiedział Saleta w środę na konferencji prasowej w Zakopanem.

Pięściarz spędzi pod Tatrami prawie dwa tygodnie. Dwa razy dziennie trenuje, biega po górach, trochę boksuje. 2 lipca wyleci na trening specjalistyczny do Miami w USA, gdzie m.in. odbędzie szereg walk sparringowych.

- Jestem przekonany, że wygram z Andrzejem Gołotą i wydaje mi się, że mam sposób - przekonywał dziennikarzy Saleta. Strategię walki pomaga Salecie opracować Jerzy Kulej, który także pojawił się na konferencji prasowej. Według Salety i Kuleja, najskuteczniejsza będzie walka prowadzona z półdystansu, bo Gołota nie lubi być nieustannie atakowanym.

- Nie bez znaczenia jest to, że walka odbędzie się w Chicago- przybranym ale przecież już rodzinnym mieście Andrzeja Gołoty. Będzie on pod większym ciśnieniem, a tego nie najlepiej znosi - zaznaczył pięściarz. Zawodnicy stoczą 10 - 12 rund. Saleta nie wyklucza spotkania rewanżowego.

W opinii tego zawodnika, najważniejsze jednak jest samo spotkanie na ringu oraz to, aby do pojedynku rzeczywiście doszło, bo już raz zdarzyło się, że walkę Saleta - Gołota odwołano.

- Ten pojedynek będzie miał wiele różnych wymiarów. Nie ma się co oszukiwać, że będzie to tylko i wyłącznie rywalizacja sportowa. To także wydarzenie w show biznesie, medialne, a nawet - można chyba tak powiedzieć - towarzyskie. W mediach postrzegani jesteśmy w głębokiej opozycji do siebie, mówi się, że się nie lubimy. Szczerze mówiąc, ja nie

André

Nachwuchsspieler
Kann das jemand übersetzen?

Czy polscy kibice zobaczą walkę Gołota - Saleta? 2005-07-13
13 sierpnia w Chicago Andrzej Gołota skrzyżuje rękawice z Przemysławem Saletą. Tymczasem wciąż nie wiadomo, czy któraś z polskich stacji będzie transmitować walkę.
- Pojedynek bokserski nie jest w kręgu naszych wielkich zainteresowań - mówi Robert Korzeniowski, szef sportu TVP. - Rywalizację tych panów potraktujemy wyłącznie informacyjnie. Nie będzie bezpośredniej relacji. Są na rynku stacje kojarzone z boksem zawodowym i niech już tak zostanie. My mamy pewną misję do spełnienia. Poza tym to kosztuje, a my mamy ograniczony budżet.

- Starcie Gołoty z Saletą będzie pewnie bardzo popularne wśród widzów, ale czy będą traktować tę walkę w kategoriach sportowych, czy też może bardziej jako emocjonujące widowisko? - zastanawia się Robert Wichrowski, szef ITI Sport. - Transmisja gali z Chicago oczywiście jesteśmy zainteresowani, jednak musimy brać pod uwagę wiele czynników. Zobaczymy, jaką ofertę przedłożą nam Amerykanie, ile byśmy musieli za sygnał z tej gali zapłacić i wtedy podejmiemy odpowiednią decyzję

André

Nachwuchsspieler
Rtx091ultra schrieb:
Oh!!!!
Das hätte ich nicht gedacht! Was denken die sich eigentlich? Ich sage euch, die sind immer noch beleidigt wegen des Tyson Kampfes! Alles Golotas Schuld! Grrr Golota grrr. Armer Przemek, er hätte es doch wirklich verdient! Naja, es ist ja noch nicht aller Tage Abend und Przemek wird das schon irgendwie hinbekommen. Beziehungen hat der Mann schließlich genug. Abwarten!
Hast du inzwischen die Übersetzung, Kuchen?

Danke.

Ich muss Dich enttäuschen.
Kuchen und ich sind nicht(!)dieselbe Person.

Prophet

Nachwuchsspieler
Nun gab es (erst vorgestern) wirklich eine Pressekonferenz...

gal_6229_0005.jpg
gal_6229_0004.jpg

Don_King_Andrzej_Golota_739668.jpg

Przemyslaw_Saleta_Kasia_739666.jpg

65191.jpg

und wie man hier sieht, wurde Golota das Opfer von Handgreiflichkeiten... ;)
gal_6229_0008.jpg

gal_6229_0002.jpg

Kuchen

Banned
Ich kann irgendwie nicht ertragen Don King ständig auf Photos zu sehen. Diese Person ist der Prototyp des Unsymphatischen, raffgierigen abzockers.

Aber der Beste Promoter der Welt... :(

Cord

Nachwuchsspieler
Kuchen schrieb:
Ich kann irgendwie nicht ertragen Don King ständig auf Photos zu sehen. Diese Person ist der Prototyp des Unsymphatischen, raffgierigen abzockers.

Aber der Beste Promoter der Welt... :(

Cool bleiben! Du musst Don King Fotos sehen, wir müssen deine Postings lesen...Der Lauf der Welt halt! ;) (Nicht böse sein)

Oben