35 Scott Padgett
13 Kirk Snyder
10 Vassilis Spanoulis
3 Bob Sura
6 Bonzi Wells
11 Yao Ming
40 Ryan Bowen

Nachwuchsspieler
Wenn jetzt alle mehr oder weniger gesund bleiben, könnte es nett werden...:crazy: Hauptsache, wir erwischen einen guten Start.
Mal sehen wie die Pre laufen wird.

D@X

Nachwuchsspieler
also wenn ich mir die namen von euren kader so angucke, sieht dieser gar nicht so schlecht aus.
interessant wird sein wie sich spanoulis und wells einfinden sowie wie die entwicklung von luther head weitergehen wird.

T-Mike

Nachwuchsspieler
Hier mal ein interessantes Ranking von realgm.com:

10) Andrew Bogut

Last year's top pick may not deserve this spot just yet, but I think that he has more legitimate talent than anyone who ranks on the honorable mentions list. He has solid shooting abilities, he can block shots occasionally, he's a crafty passer and he's a team player.

Thus far, his impact has not shown up on paper, but the year before he arrived in Milwaukee they won the top pick in the lottery and they're currently a reigning playoff team. Whether you attribute it to Bogut entering the league or T.J. Ford returning from injury is your choice, but one thing's for certain, Bogut can play and thankfully, it's at a position that is severely weak around the league.

9) Alonzo Mourning

Over the hill? Plagued by injury? A shell of his former self? Maybe, but don't tell Zo that, especially after this past season. In just 20 minutes-per-game, Mourning trails only Marcus Camby in blocks per game for centers with 2.7 per. He shot just under 60 per cent from the field and was one of the driving forces behind Miami's championship.

Say what you will about his New Jersey and Toronto debacles, but Mourning is an inspiration to his teammates after recovering from his kidney ailment with his strong play on the court and with his humanitarian efforts off of the court.

8) Mehmet Okur

2005-2006 was finally the breakout year for Okur that everyone had anticipated. In his years with the Pistons, it was clear that Memo was oozing with potential and the Jazz felt the vibe and rightly overpaid the once unproven talent.

Okur is simply reliable – period. He shoots 46 per cent from the field, 34 per cent from three point land, where he averages around three attempts per game and a squeaky clean 78 per cent from the line. But forget about percentages, his averages of 18 and 9 speak for themselves. While Carlos Boozer's contract may be suspect, critics of the Jazz's 2004-2005 offseason can no longer accuse them of overpaying Okur.

7) Zydrunas Ilgauskus

I mentioned Mourning's miraculous NBA return earlier, but something has to be said about Big Z's amazing recovery from his foot injury – an ailment that usually plagues bigger NBA players.

In 2005-2006, Big Z shot over 50 per cent from the field for the first time since his rookie year and he had a career high 83.4 per cent from the line. Without Ilgauskus, Cleveland is an entirely different team and his presence will be vital to their success.

6) Brad Miller

Much of Miller's impact on the court cannot be summed up numerically, his stifling post defense and his ability to irritate offensive players with his tenacity on the boards and his strength cannot be summed up in statistics.

However, one statistic shows what Miller's all about, which is his 4.7 assists-per-game, which is more than many of the league's starting point guards, including Jason Terry and Smush Parker. Miller also shoots a reliable 82.8 per cent from the line, which he frequents with 4.3 attempts-per-game. Another interesting statistic is Miller's minutes-per-game, which tops every other player at his position at 37 mpg.

The Sacramento Kings are rebuilding on the fly, but an asset like Brad Miller is too important for them to consider giving up.

5) Marcus Camby

Early on in the season, before his trademark annual injury, Camby was looking like an MVP candidate – yeah, I said it, an MVP candidate. Here are some of his lines from November of 2005:

1) 19 pts, 14 reb, 2 blocks
2) 23 pts, 17 reb, 6 blocks
3) 20 pts, 11 reb, 6 blocks
4) 17 pts, 22 reb, 7 blocks
5) 21 pts, 21 reb, 4 blocks
6) 24 pts, 14 reb, 6 blocks

All of those lines are from November and I dare you to find a player who can compare, because you simply cannot. When people write off Denver, they can only do so if Camby isn't healthy and while that's probable, you can't help but wonder how dangerous the Nuggets can be with a healthy Glass Man.

4) Ben Wallace

Whether Detroit was right to let Wallace walk is arguable – it was likely his worst season with the team, they had lost in two consecutive years and giving a 32 year old Wallace a five-year deal that ends at around $18 million is questionable at best.

But there's no doubting Wallace's impact. I don't think there's a scarier player to go up against in the post because Big Ben has the ability to make offensive players look like clowns when he swats their shots, dunks, lay ups, etc.

Would I have given Wallace the same contract that the Bulls did? Probably not. Will I be surprised if Wallace exceeds expectations and takes the Bulls to the NBA Finals? Probably not.

3) Jermaine O'Neal

Whether it was negligence on my part or my buying into the notion that JO will be starting at center this upcoming season, something blinded me into leaving him off of my top power forwards list and earning apt criticism for excluding him.

But low and behold, JO has arrived on the top centers list and according to 82games.com, he played more minutes at center than he did at power forward in 2005-2006.

He was plagued with injuries and he was partially responsible for Ron Artest's exile from the Pacers, which in turn lead to the departure of Peja Stojakovic with nothing in return. Eventually, Al Harrington jumped on board to soften the blow and the Pacers are a lock for the playoffs if O'Neal is healthy.

While he has only played 95 games combined in his last two seasons, his averages have remained consistent with those amounted throughout his glorious Pacers tenure. This year, from all indications, the Pacers will be playing small ball with a lineup of O'Neal, Danny Granger, Al Harrington, Stephen Jackson and Jamaal Tinsley (if healthy). I have a feeling that this lineup could result in the Pacers landing atop their division.

2) Yao Ming

I have no doubts that at this time next year, Ming will top this list hands down. However, with a Larry O'Brien trophy on Shaq's mantle and a losing record on Ming's conscience, he's still not there just yet.

When Yao was healthy this season, he was simply dominant. He was Dream-esque minus a few blocks and he had finally arrived in the NBA. Unfortunately, his shortened season weakened his impact and it went generally unnoticed by many basketball fans. This season, I expect that Ming will play around 80 games and revive the Rockets alongside T-Mac and the newly acquired Shane Battier and Bonzi Wells.

Statistically, Ming was the league's best center, but until the Rockets get somewhere in the playoffs, he will remain second best.

1) Shaquille O'Neal

This was easily Shaq's worst season to date in the NBA and he still wound up with a championship. However, Shaq has promised another one next season and if anyone can do so with credibility, it's Shaq daddy.

Even though it was his worst season, 20 and 9 is nothing to laugh at and as long as he trusts Dwyane Wade to carry the scoring load, there's no reason for him not to be the Big Decoy rather than the Big Diesel.

He'll never be the league's free throw champion, but the rest of his game is without weakness and he is still the league's toughest matchup.

Honorable Mention: Chris Kaman, Eddy Curry, Jamaal Magloire

Names for the future: Emeka Okafor, Tyson Chandler

nitro77

Nachwuchsspieler
Wir haben 4 Spieler zu viel im Kader, gehe mal davon aus dass Azubuike, Haryasz, Lucas und Bowen nicht mit in die Saison übernommen werden. Für Bowen hat man ja jetzt Padgett, der um einiges besser ist als Bowen.

T-Mike

Nachwuchsspieler
Lucas hat meines Wissens einen 3 Jahres Vertrag und kann nicht gefeuert werden.
Azubuike, Bowen, Haryaz und Jacobson sind meine Favoriten.
Allerdings sind mir Padgett und Novak etwas zu ähnlich und Novak wird auf jeden Fall bleiben....!

Cuttino

Nachwuchsspieler
T-Mike schrieb:
Also, official Houston Rockets 2006-2007 Training Camp Roster

12 Rafer Alston
4 Kelenna Azubuike
31 Shane Battier
52 Matt Haryasz
44 Chuck Hayes
2 Luther Head
5 Juwan Howard
7 Casey Jacobsen
15 John Lucas
1 Tracy McGrady
55 Dikembe Mutombo
20 Steve Novak
35 Scott Padgett
13 Kirk Snyder
10 Vassilis Spanoulis
3 Bob Sura
6 Bonzi Wells
11 Yao Ming
40 Ryan Bowen

wenn man nach matchups und positionen geht, würde ich mit folgendem roster in die saison starten:

pg: alston/spanoulis/lucas
sg: wells/head/jacobsen
sf: mcgrady/novak/snyder
pf: battier/howard/hayes
c: ming/mutombo/haryasz

ich denke jedoch, dass die rockets eher padgett als bowen entlassen werden. padgetts rolle ist steve novak zugedacht. und außerdem ist padgett eben nicht in allem besser als bowen. bowen ist der etwas bessere hustle-player und der deutlich bessere verteidiger. padgett ist der bessere basketballer. da beide aber rollenspieler sind, kommt es eher darauf an, wer besser seine rolle ausfüllt. und ich denke das ist eher bowen. hinzu kommt auch, dass padgetts vertrag ungaranteed ist.

weiterhin wird haryasz wohl entlassen werden. ich glaube nicht, dass er spielerisch gut genug ist, das team zu schaffen. am wahrscheinlichsten hält man den so wie chuck hayes letztes jahr irgendwo auf abruf bereit und gibt ihm erstmal keinen platz.

bei bob sura gehe ich davon aus, dass er, wenn er das camp und die preseason heil übersteht, nicht gecuttet wird. übersteht er beides nicht, ist seine karriere als rocket definitiv zuende.

azubuike dürfte gar keine chance auf einen platz haben, nachdem nun bonzi kommt. bei jacobsen wird es darauf ankommen, wie engagiert er im training ist und wie gut er seine offenen würfe verwandelt. ich denke, er muss schon am oberen limit spielen, um eine gute chance zu haben.

T-Mike

Nachwuchsspieler
Hier schonmal ein kleiner Vorgeschmack auf die neue Saison:
team03.jpg

nitro77

Nachwuchsspieler
Meine Fresse, was kann da jetzt noch schief gehen? Wenn ich mir die Jungs so anschaue dann sieht das recht furchteinflösend aus. :wavey:

T-Mike

Nachwuchsspieler
Yao soll gut in Form sein, Tracy hat laut eigenen Angaben abgenommen und fühlt sich "sehr leicht auf dem court". Bonzi wie immer mit etwas zu viel und zudem einer leichten Verletzung die ihn gerade nicht trainieren lässt, Battier wie immer der Vorzeigeprofi. Snyder muss topfit sein, Lucas äußerst selbstbewusst und Head ebenfalls verbessert. Zudem soll Novak überzeugend aufspielen.
Die Saison geht sich ordentlich an!

T-Mike

Nachwuchsspieler
Ich glaube das täuscht, sie sind eigentlich beide 2,03m. Tracy steht etwas lockerer.
Hier mal die Dinge aus der Sicht unseres Point Guards:
Posted by Rafer Alston on Oct. 4, 2006 at 2:29 p.m. ET

My summer went great, man! I spent a lot of time with the family. Just the family and staying in Houston and working out, that’s it. Staying in great shape; putting up a lot of jump shots and doing a lot of conditioning work. I didn’t spend a lot of time in New York this summer, I stayed away. I traveled with the family, man. I did a little Bahamas, went to Vegas, you know, things like that. I traveled, went to Disney, took the kids to Disney.

I just worked on being a consistent open shooter. You know…Spot-up threes…Pick-and-roll pull-up jump shots…Catch the ball, catch-and-shoot, and catching the ball, making a move and then shooting. There’s a lot of different variations of shooting the basketball. You just try to be a consistent outside shooter.

You had guys like Luther Head, Chuck Hayes, John Lucas and Steve Novak in the gym. But, a lot of the things I did were individual, but then sometimes I’d get with some of those guys and we’d do some things, some drills and things together. I just put a lot of time in down on one end of the court fine-tuning my game.

Going into this year we’re going to work hard, play together and compete, and hopefully we can just stay healthy. I think a key thing will be our health issues. Last year we got hampered by a lot of injuries and we had to play with different lineups and different players. I think now we just want to be healthy and play the best, solid basketball we can.

Yao looks great, Tracy looks great. They came in in great shape. Yao had a very productive time in the Worlds and you know, Tracy has been working out key spots in his game being that he missed almost half the season last season.

Shane is Shane. You know what you’re getting in Shane. You’re getting a hard worker, competitor, you’re getting a defender, a guy that can hit the open three…just a team-oriented guy. Novak, he can stretch the defense out with his shooting ability and the guy is a smart basketball player. Kirk Snyder is a tough competitor. He competes hard, he works hard. I haven’t really seen much of him in his NBA career, but what I’ve seen at Nevada he’s a great mid-range shooter, he’s been working on his three. He definitely can post-up and slash to the basket. And then Bonzi, you know he is a good mid-range to low-post player and he’s a fierce competitor and he’s a team guy. We have to understand that our first two options are Yao and Tracy and our third one has to be Bonzi.

My job is, hey, get these guys the basketball. It’s a good thing I’m a pass-first guy and I’m a true point guard so I don’t really mind it. It’s going to come easy for me. The only thing I’m going to have to work on is get some reps and knowing where these guys like the ball, being that I haven’t played with Battier or Wells last season. I have to familiarize myself with the times that we played against them and understand where their scoring comes from. You know that Wells likes to post up and shoot the mid-range and you know that Battier is a good corner 3-point shooter.

Cuttino

Nachwuchsspieler
meiner bescheidenen meinung nach ist battier gut 2,06 m groß und damit sogar ein kleines stückchen größer als t-mac, der ebenfalls als größer als 2,03 m gilt. auf jeden fall hat battier die körperlichen maße, um als pf spielen zu können. sogar fernab jeglicher matchups mit eigentlich-sfs. denke, gegen leute wie nowitzki, garnett oder brand kann man ihn ganz gut stellen. und die leute, die früher als center-ähnliche spieler sehr viel pf gespielt haben, werden auch immer weniger. die meisten, wie z.b. stoudemire, howard, o'neal oder duncan, wechseln immer mehr auf center. und das ist unser eigentliches problem, denn gegen die kann weder yao noch mutombo immer mitgehen. bleiben juwan und chuck hayes. keinen davon will ich eigentlich als center spielen sehen. wobei juwan in einer schnellen lineup zumindest noch diskutabel wäre.

Nachwuchsspieler
Die sehen aus... als wenn Sie jemanden Killen wollen... wer fehlt eigentlich da...hmm und wenn ich da jetzt mit meinen 186cm stehen würde... ich glaub, das sehe aber etwas...:laugh2:

So, wer alles gute Form hat... interessiert nich... was zählt ist der Auftakt und welche Form sie da haben werden...

T-Mac ist aber sehr dünn... geworden. :eek:

Tuco

Bankspieler
Cuttino schrieb:
meiner bescheidenen meinung nach ist battier gut 2,06 m groß und damit sogar ein kleines stückchen größer als t-mac, der ebenfalls als größer als 2,03 m gilt. auf jeden fall hat battier die körperlichen maße, um als pf spielen zu können.
Auf dem Foto hier sieht es erst recht so aus, als sei Shane Battier ein ganzes Stück größer als T-Mac:

full.getty-72035471bb006_houstonrocket_9_09_04_pm.jpg

Aber naja, ist ja nix neues dass die Größenangeben auf nba.com und ähnlichen Seiten nicht unbedingt zuverlässig sind...

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:

Cuttino

Nachwuchsspieler
701 schrieb:
T-Mac ist aber sehr dünn... geworden. :eek:

nee, bonzi is einfach noch sehr fett. der hat gut und gerne 10 kg übergewicht. aber das ist ja nichts unbekanntes.

was t-mac betrifft, so finde ich, dass er eigentlich recht normal aussieht.

@ tuco: darauf beziehe ich mich ja. :)

Nachwuchsspieler
Nun, bei dem Post Wahrsagen habe ich mal die Rockets und derren Spieler und Trainer sehr hoch eingeschätzt. Hab so im Bauch, dass es eine sehr gute Saison für die Rockets wird. Genauso wie bei CAVALIERS.

Nur beim ROTY bin ich mir nicht sicher. Hmm, wird unser Lampenausknipser eine Chance haben auf den Titel? Hmm...

Oben