Rafael Nadal

Wo steht Nadal Ende 2024 in der Weltrangliste?

• Umfrageteilnehmer
  • Umfrage geschlossen .

QueridoRafa

Bankspieler

Santoro: Rafa, du hast hier zwölfmal gewonnen...
Die Zuschauer: Dreizehnmal...

Rafa über Jannik Sinner, seinen Gegner im Achtelfinale:
"He's young. He's improving every week. He has big shots. Gonna be a tough one. I need to be solid. I need to be aggressive too, because if not it's very difficult. I need to make him play from tough positions, and I can't make a lot of mistakes, no? Jannik is not the best fourth round, without a doubt, no, he's a dangerous one. He's young. He's a great player. We know each other well. So let's see."

Vamos Rafa :)

QueridoRafa

Bankspieler

Nadal: "I think I started the first two games playing great. Then I had a bad game with 2-0 and with the wind helping, so that was a big mistake. Then I started to play too much against his backhand and too far from the baseline, so I gave him the chance to be inside the court and to have the control of the point. From that position he's dangerous. I was a little bit farther every time, no, from the baseline."

“Then I was able to have the break back in the 5-4 with the wind helping. I knew that was a chance. So it was important to hold my serve with the 5-3 against the wind. Then with the 5-4, you know that you can have your chances. That's what happened. I won that game. I had the break. Then I play solid game with my serve."

“Then from that moment to 7-5, 4-0 I think I played very good level of tennis. Then again, couple of mistakes and he played well, honestly. 4-3 until that moment to the end of the match I think I played great."

Sinner: "Yes, maybe I would have won the first set, but you still have to win two more sets, so the way is long. Yes, in the other way, obviously, you know, I think mentally he's very strong. That's what I'm trying to do, as well, staying strong. I'm trying to don't give him any free space."

"I'm excited to play against him, because it's a huge test, you know, on what you would like to win in one way. But in the other way, you know, like today, it gives me the answer that I already said it before, that the way is very long still."

QueridoRafa

Bankspieler

‘That’s sport, you know. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. I tried to give my best. Probably was not my best day out there. Even if I fought, that I put in a lot of effort, I mean, the position on the shots haven’t been that effective tonight. Against a player like him that takes the ball early, you are not able to take him out of his positions, then is very difficult, no?

‘Even like this, I had the big chance with set point, 6-5, second serve. That’s it. Anything could happen in that moment. Then I make a double-fault, easy volley in the tiebreak. But it’s true that have been crazy points out there. The fatigue is there, too, no?

‘These kind of mistakes can happen. But if you want to win, you can’t make these mistakes. So that’s it. Well done to him. Have been a good fight out there. I try my best, and today was not my day.’

‘Have been amazing, the support, no? I can’t thank enough the feelings. I have been super tired some moments, but the crowd gave me some energy to keep going, no? Yeah, it’s super emotional for me to feel the love of the people in the most important place of my tennis career, without a doubt. So thanks a lot to them.’

elpres

Bankspieler
😭

Habe wieder so krass mitgelitten während des Matches. So wie fast immer gegen Nole. Die vertane Chance tut einfach weh, auch wenn Nole es sich mehr als verdient hat.

Hans Meyer

Bankspieler
Warum? Wenn man sieht wie Federer von Januar bis August 2017 noch spielte, und sogar im Januar 2018 mit 36 Jahren und 5 Monaten ein letztes mal einen GS Titel holte, hat Nadal dazu noch 1 1/2 Jahre Zeit.

Ich seh nicht warum er nicht sogar schon dieses Jahr die US Open gewinnen sollte. Wimbledon und die Australian Open schafft er wohl nicht mehr, aber ausser den French Open 2022 sind die USO dieses Jahr allemal drin.
Unter den Spielbedingungen der letzten 5 Jahre erreichte er dort sogar mehr als Djokovic, der dort nur 2018 gewann, er selbst 2017 und 2019.

Bei den USO dieses Jahr muss man ihn natürlich auf dem Schirm haben, in RG 2022 auch, die USO 2022 sind noch lang hin. Die 3 Chancen könnten sich für ihn noch aufmachen. bei den AO und in Wimbledon müsste schon sehr sehr viel passen. Auf HC gibt es einige die gg Nadal was ausrichten können, Nadal ist aber Nadal, das sah man auch bei den AO 2021, wo Tsitsipas lange Zeit einfach nervös war und im TB dann Nadal Hilfe gebraucht hat. Eigentlich darf Tsitsipas nie im Leben mit 0-2 Sätzen in Rückstand gelangen, vor allem von der Art und Weise, aber bei 0-2 hat er das Glück, dass Nadal patzt.
Eine andere Frage wäre, ob Nadal noch einmal als Topfavorit in ein GS geht? das ist eine spannende Frage, die man heute natürlich nicht beantworten kann. der natürliche Reflex wäre es, ihn für RG 2022 auch als Favoriten zu sehen, es ist aber vollkommen verrückt darüber 49 Wochen vor Turnierstart zu sprechen

Tuco

Bankspieler
Macht doch Sinn - die USO 21 sollten eine von Nadals besten Gelegenheiten auf weitere GS-Titel sein, und wenn er sich gezielt darauf vorbereitet, sind die Chancen natürlich höher, als wenn er vorher Wimbledon und Olympia spielt. Insofern eigentlich nicht überraschend.

elpres

Bankspieler
Aber unglaublich schade. Hoffentlich sehen wir Rafa nächstes Jahr nochmal auf dem heiligen Rasen.

QueridoRafa

Bankspieler
- I want to send a special message to my fans around the world, to those in the United Kingdom and Japan in particular.

- The goal is to prolong my career and continue to do what makes me happy, that is to compete at the highest level and keep fighting for those professional and personal goals at the maximum level of competition.

- The fact that there has only been 2 weeks between RG and Wimbledon, didn’t make it easier on my body to recuperate after the always demanding clay court season. They have been two months of great effort and the decision I take is focused looking at the mid and long term.

- Sport prevention of any kind of excess in my body is a very important factor at this stage of my career in order to try to keep fighting for the highest level of competition and titles.

- The Olympic Games always meant a lot and they were always a priority as a Sports person, I found the spirit that every sports person in the world wants to live. I personally had the chance to live 3 of them and had the honor to be the flag bearer for my country.

Fenomedal_22

Bankspieler
Die Absage(n) waren ja so zu erwarten. Im 4. Satz gegen Djokovic war sein Tank komplett leer. Um in WIM konkurrenzfähig sein zu können, hätte er zeitnah mit dem Training beginnen müssen. Wenn der Körper das nicht hergibt, macht es schlichtweg keinen Sinn, Risiko für nichts zu gehen.

QueridoRafa

Bankspieler

Der Titelverteidiger von 2019 wird beim Masters-1000-Canada in Toronto (9. - 15.8. 2021) teilnehmen:
"I’m very happy to return to Canada to play in Toronto. Toronto is a fantastic tournament and I have had some really great matches there. As a matter of fact, I won there the last time we played and I would love to defend my title this August and be again with my fans in Canada and around the world."

Oben