🇫🇮 Thread für Finnen Fans

Marre

Väärinkannattaja
Anyway, Pekka is keeping press conference on Tuesday. It will be seen, if they kiss and make up or will it be open war declaration, or something between.

Turns out that not exactly either, but goes more to kiss and make up category: http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/hiihtola...459623/makimaajoukkue-sai-parhaan-joululahjan

Sponsors to rescue and A team to Ramsau for two days and from there to Engelberg. :up:

But do they always need to make every effing drama so big and public? :ueberleg: :hmpf:

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:

Marre

Väärinkannattaja
Yep, yep, dramaqueens indeed :pffft::

http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/hiihtola...makikohu-paisuu-valmentaja-vaatii-johdon-eroa

Kantee has started a new career as a national team's stooge. He demands that Haataja resigns. Too little money and Haataja is meany, because he hasn't changed for money.

Haataja started his job last spring, because they were worried Finnjumping would end up in bankruptcy if they are not able to cut spending. Now Haataja has done, what he was hired for, cut spending and kept National team in budget. When they hired Pekka, it was clear, that more money would be spend on season 2010-11 and this one they would have to do with less if they would not have so good season that they could get more sponsors for this season. But of course they don't remember it now...

I would so like to take National team's side on this, but I if I'm honest, I really can't. Especially considering the things that has been reported elsewhere. MTV3 and Iltalehti are at the moment totally reporting everything as A Team wants, others are more cynical. And those more cynical ones remind that while Finns were not able to get any training jumps from snow anywhere while all the others did do so, it was in fact so, that quite a many other teams were getting those snow training jumps in Finland (Japan etc.) And one source even says that Niemelä had indeed forbid his A team from jumping from snow at Rovaniemi before Ruka, when all the others were doing so (two of them were there and at the hill, but not jumping)... :rolleyes:

Blaah! :n8:

Pirkko

Rane-Vermisserin
And one source even says that Niemelä had indeed forbid his A team from jumping from snow at Rovaniemi before Ruka, than all the others were doing so (two of them were there and at the hill, but not jumping)... :rolleyes:

Blaah! :n8:
WHAT????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Are they completely stupid??????????????????

Ok so they have an excuse why they don't jump good, but not even to try to be a bit better?

Marre

Väärinkannattaja
WHAT????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Are they completely stupid??????????????????

Ok so they have an excuse why they don't jump good, but not even to try to be a bit better?

If that reporter is right (and no reason really to believe he is not) this was before Ruka, so maybe they were thinking that after apparently good camp at Germany it was better not to jump from snow on normal hill few times before going to Ruka and maybe ruin that good streak from the camp or something like that. Who knows. :häh:

And absolutely no idea, why they didn't use Rovaniemi, Vuokatti and Ruka between Ruka competition and now more (they did train at Ruka day or two after WC there though.)

Marre

Väärinkannattaja
:donk:

Some more about this shit:
- It's all over every Finnish sport media right now
- Ilta-Sanomat had four first sport pages dedicated on this and it was also on first page.
- Ville Kantee sent an email yesterday to a reporter, where he called for Mauri Haataja's resignation and gave hard criticism for him. He did not send it to Finnjumping or Haataja themselves, only for reporter (classy move there, Vili, you are certainly learning National team's strategy in this... :pffft:)
- Relationships between A team and Haataja have been bad since last 4 hills, when Haataja made quite a dick move and proposed that Ville Larinto should had been fined for not obeying contract when not using official sponsor cap in front of the press when he came back to Finland after his injury (Kantee states that Ville was using 'civilian cap' and I can't remember, and I'm too lazy to find out, if it really was his own regular cap or if it was his own sponsor cap. If later, I can have some understanding for Haataja, but if it just happened to be some cap Ville usually wears in his free time, then it really was a dickish move from Haataja.) (By the way, Ville was not fined.)
- Finnjumping has 380 000 euro more debt than they have assets
- Season 2010-11 they made over 200 000 euro loss
- Ski jumping's budget as a whole (adult and juniors included) is 450 000 euro
- They still haven't sold all their sponsor space
- Finnjumping's board is backing up Haataja and reminds that he was hired to stop the losses, make the cuts and make sure Finnjumping wouldn't bankruptcy. They want to clear these things in-doors and around the same table before 4H
- Apparently team is finding some humour in this on the fact, that Arttu Lappi is the most enthusiastic board member in doing these cuts, when he was also the loudest complainer, if their resources lacking while he was still a jumper.

There is also short interview with Pekka Niemelä in Ilta-Sanomat, that I honestly find rather absurd. He tries to come out like some outsider in all this. Says, that the email was from Kantee and athletes and while he is happy they came out with this, he himself just wants to concentrate to his team (that has by the way again jumped awesome at Ramsau in training) and doesn't want to argue with anyone or stir up any animosity between the team and Finnjumping. He says, that he has four athletes who could win gold at Sotchi, but it's all about resources. He says, that every time he asks something, he is told that there is no money. And if he had just little bit more money to use, they would have the world finest binding and other equipments project (I almost spat my coffee on my monitor, when I read that one :hihi:)

I have to say that I still really don't like the way Pekka handles these things. Again when things get tough, he seems to slip from all responsibility and leave others (this time Vili) in heat. If he has a problem with Haataja and Finnjumping, he should take the heat himself, not go behind 'the team' or use Kantee as a cannon fodder and try to look like an total outsider in this. Just not cool. :mad1:

EDIT: It's also interesting how different medias take this. MTV3 and Iltalehti seem to take National Team's side. Ilta-Sanomat understands both sides, but is worried if cutting too much will cut all the chances in future and Urheilulehti's standing is basically, 'Shut up, stop whining, concentrate on jumping and things you can make a difference with, whining and making excuses doesn't help at all, but makes it even more difficult to succeed. And anyway you knew this already last spring or even two years ago and signed in for it. And after blowing your chances with bigger risk budget last year, you really can not afford to whine.'

EDIT2: Kantee also showed Haataja's response for him (after Haataja had read Kantee's complaints from the paper) to the reporter. It was SMS: "Saatanan tunarit! Turvat tukkoon." so basically "Damn morons! Keep your mouths shut." Kantee tells that for him 'it's the fucking same' what Haataja says. And when some 'poor little me' routine. Lovely! :donk: :evil:

Can some one just kick all of their asses hard (both National Team and Finnjumpings?) Any time now. Please?

Pirkko

Rane-Vermisserin
*Kopfschüttel*

Do we have to understand that, or better can we understand that???

:n8::donk::n8::donk:

danii85

linker Spinner
JC_exclamation.gif
facepalm.gif

danii85

linker Spinner
*insinderwissen on* Seit 2006 Wunderwachser und als" Co-Trainer" im 2. Jahr *insiderwissen off*
Du olles Kreischi, du. ;) :duck:

Die Übergänge von Service zu Trainer waren eh fliessend. :D:

Ich hoffe er wird jetzt nicht raus gekante(e)t, sprich gekündigt. Finds aber geil, dass es eine Mail auch im Namen der Athleten gewesen sein soll. Bisher haben die auch immer alle ihren Mund gehalten. Vielleicht kommt es noch dazu, dass DIE endlich reden. Ich warte da seit Jahren drauf. :rolleyes:

blackswan

Warrior of Kindness
Du olles Kreischi, du. ;) :duck:

Die Übergänge von Service zu Trainer waren eh fliessend. :D:

Ich hoffe er wird jetzt nicht raus gekante(e)t, sprich gekündigt. Finds aber geil, dass es eine Mail auch im Namen der Athleten gewesen sein soll. Bisher haben die auch immer alle ihren Mund gehalten. Vielleicht kommt es noch dazu, dass DIE endlich reden. Ich warte da seit Jahren drauf. :rolleyes:

Nix Kreischie. Experte! ;)

die Übergänge sind noch immer fließend. Oder weiß einer was genau seine Aufgabe jetzt is? :ueberleg:

Es klingt schon so bisschen nach Revolution. Abwarten was passiert.

danii85

linker Spinner
Nix Kreischie. Experte! ;)

die Übergänge sind noch immer fließend. Oder weiß einer was genau seine Aufgabe jetzt is? :ueberleg:

Es klingt schon so bisschen nach Revolution. Abwarten was passiert.
Ja doch Technik-Trainer...:idee:

Revolution? Und Vili als Lenin? Aber schöööön, dass es wieder kocht vor der Tournee. :party: Mensch, was wär das langweilig wenn da alles im Lot wär.

blackswan

Warrior of Kindness
Ja doch Technik-Trainer...:idee:

Revolution? Und Vili als Lenin? Aber schöööön, dass es wieder kocht vor der Tournee. :party: Mensch, was wär das langweilig wenn da alles im Lot wär.

Was da wäre? :ueberleg: Das ist doch ein neu geschaffener Beruf für ihn ;)

:hihi::hihi: irgendwie hab ich da komische Bilder jetzt im Kopf

danii85

linker Spinner
Was da wäre? :ueberleg: Das ist doch ein neu geschaffener Beruf für ihn ;)

:hihi::hihi: irgendwie hab ich da komische Bilder jetzt im Kopf
Na doch, son Zwitter aus Wunderwachser und Co-Trainer. Der huppt doch auch ab und an aufm Trainerturm rum. Ja, vermutlich neu erfunden, würde allerdings zu dem passen was er kann. Und wo is APe eigentlich abgeblieben..?

Lenin passte jetz besser als Fidel Castro. Das fänd ich jetz wieder komisch...:D:

blackswan

Warrior of Kindness
Vili filmt aufm Trainerturm, ja
AaPee rennt auch da mit rum, zumindest ist er meistens auf den Bildern vom Team zu sehen

beides komisch :hihi:

Oben