Samuel Peter (+ URL zum downloaden des Sykes Kampfes)

Killa

Nachwuchsspieler
halte nicht viel vom bullen.vor allem hat er zu wenig power um das peterle in ernsthafte gefahr zu bringen.

meiner ansicht ist es nur ne frage der zeit bis er im ringstaub liegen und jämmerlich ausgezählt wird. :teufel:

peter w ko5 sykes

Andi19

BANNED
denke auch , dass Peter gewinnen würde !

na bin jedenfalls gespannt ob der den Durchbruch packt oder ob er so endet wie manch andere Talente ... in spätestens 2 Jahren werdn wir ja schlauer sein ;-)

Tobi.G

Bankspieler
Er kann ruig noch etwas erfahrung sammeln, hat ja erst 23 Kämpfe bestritten.
Aber nach Sykes sollte er sich schon an die Top20 ranwagen. Sykes ist ja immerhin auf 38 gerankt bei boxrec.

Tobi.G

Bankspieler
Peters nächster Kampf steht jetzt fest!
Er boxt gegen Taurus Sykes am 2. July! :thumb:

Killa

Nachwuchsspieler
Duva Announces Peter vs. Sykes
by Andre Courtemanche
Duva Boxing, in association with Gary Shaw Promotions and Tres Amigos, LLC, are proud to announce that on July 2, 2005, fast-rising heavyweight contender Samuel “The Nigerian Nightmare” Peter, 23-0 (20), will put his NABF and USBA championships on the line against NABA champion Taurus “The Bull” Sykes, 23-1-1 (6) at the newly constructed Reno Events Center and televised live on SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING. Peter was last seen dismantling normally durable southpaw Gilbert Martinez over three rounds on April 29. Sykes latest appearance was an NABA title-winning unanimous decision over Peter’s Nigerian countryman, Friday Ahunanya. Talk of a Peter vs. Sykes fight began shortly before Peter took on Martinez. A press release issued by people claiming to represent Sykes made some derogatory remarks about Peter and his choice of opponent. Duva quickly responded with a release of his own, challenging Sykes to face his young powerhouse. Sykes publicly accepted the challenge and the wheels were set in motion. The Samuel Peter vs. Taurus Sykes triple title showdown will be scheduled for 12 rounds and will be the sole fight broadcast by Showtime. Tentatively set to appear on the undercard are Oscar Diaz, Mike Marrone, Elena Reid, and Nonito Donaire, with others that will be added. Tickets are priced at $200, $100, $75, $55, and $30. The fight is sponsored by “Reno/Tahoe – America’s Adventure Place." First bout starts at 4:30 p.m.
Monday, May 9 2005
FIGHTNEWS

Andi19

BANNED
klingt interessant !

Sykes hat n guten Kampfrekord und ist auch noch nie KO gegangen !
Das einzigste was mich n bissl stört , ist seine niedrige KO Ausbeute ! 6 KOs in 25 Kämpfen :ricardo:

jisi

Nachwuchsspieler
Tobi.G schrieb:
Er kann ruig noch etwas erfahrung sammeln, hat ja erst 23 Kämpfe bestritten.
Aber nach Sykes sollte er sich schon an die Top20 ranwagen. Sykes ist ja immerhin auf 38 gerankt bei boxrec.

Ist ja schön und fair, dass man Boxern zugesteht, Erfahrung sammeln zu müssen. Oft genug heißt es dann, Fallobst oder Flaschen geboxt panik:

Totto

Bankspieler
Sykes ist zwar nicht schlecht aber meilenweit von der Weltspitze entfernt. Ich schätze Peter zwar so ein, dass er von einem guten Mann leicht ausgepunktet werden kann, aber ich glaube kaum, dass Sykes das schon tun wird.

Und falls doch, sollte Peter seine WM-Träume ganz schnell begraben. Ich denke aber, Peter wird durch Tko gewinnen.

Andi19

BANNED
na hoffen wirs ...

an die Spitze des HW gehört ein Puncher kein Mann, der gerade mal 6 KOs geschafft hat !

Roberts

Moderator Boxen
Teammitglied
Andi19 schrieb:
klingt interessant !

Sykes hat n guten Kampfrekord und ist auch noch nie KO gegangen !
Das einzigste was mich n bissl stört , ist seine niedrige KO Ausbeute ! 6 KOs in 25 Kämpfen :ricardo:

Ein paar Bilder von Sykes:
sykes-vs-maxine028.jpg

sykes-vs-maxine023.jpg

sykes-vs-maxine018.jpg

sykes-vs-maxine004.jpg

Roberts

Gladiator

Banned
sam_peter1.jpg
peters_sam992.JPG

From Tyson to Peter?

Exclusive Interview with Samuel Peter

Two nights after former undisputed heavyweight champion of the world, “Iron” Mike Tyson called it ‘quits’ from the world of boxing, I had the privilege of chatting with the up-and-coming young heavyweight contender from Nigeria, Samuel Peter. While speaking with the polite young gentlemen, I somehow felt as if I were metaphorically witnessing a transitional step in the realm of boxing history. It was as if my mind’s eye was figuratively seeing a passing of the torch, being handed from Tyson to Peter.

In fact, many would say that not since Mike Tyson has a young heavyweight generated as much excitement in the ring as has the young Nigerian. With an impressive professional record that stands at an unblemished 23-0 with 20 wins coming by way of knockout, Peter has exhibited an awesome display of raw power not much unlike that of a young Tyson. But enough about Tyson whose time in the sport has just expired; Peter’s time is just now beginning, and he appears to have a very bright future.

Peter is currently in training for a July 2 bout (televised live on SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING) against Taurus Sykes, whose record stands at 23 wins, with a loss, and a draw through 25 contests.

Ready to adhere to the task at hand, Peter seemed determined and focused when I questioned how his training was going for his upcoming bout. “Everything is perfect,” declared a confident Peter. “You have to improve with every fight, you know? I think you need to be exciting for the people. I think in every fight you have to make a dent; you have to make every fight exciting for the fans.” Peter’s manager, Ivailo Gotzev, shared similar feelings with an emphasis on the importance of excitement. “It’s going to be exciting and there’s going to be a big knockout,” said Gotzev. “Samuel is going to look like the next big thing.”

When asked whether or not he had any plans after his upcoming bout, Peter enthusiastically responded, “Yes, I have big plans. My big plan is to get the titles – all of the titles.” Peter made it abundantly clear that he’d be willing and able to fight any of the three reigning champions, whether it is Vitali Klitschko, Chris Byrd, or John Ruiz. When asked specifically what he thought about the prospect of fighting for the title against WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko, Peter enthusiastically responded, “That would be perfect. It would be a great fight, and I would knock him out.” When pressed on whether or not he had a specific round prediction, he sounded as cool as an assassin and calmly replied, “Yes, round 4.” And he sounded like he meant it.

Peter clearly believes his time has arrived. Currently ranked in the top ten in three of the four major sanctioning bodies, one would think his opportunity is right around the corner. But as manager Ivailo Gotzev duly noted, securing a title shot might not be the easiest thing in a sport that is oftentimes dominated by inside connections rather than merit. “To get a title shot, it would basically have to be worked out politically. We’d have to earn our position, because King don’t want to give up any of his champions, and none of the champions want to fight Samuel.” But Gotzev believes the other champions will inevitably be forced to reckon with his young menacing fighter, one way or the other. “So now we’re going to have to earn it by gaining a mandatory position; we’ll have to fight to get there. So when Samuel does get a title shot, he’ll have earned it every step of the way.”

As I continued chatting with Peter and his manager, the subject turned to fighters who had a profound influence on the young pugilist. “My number one is Muhammad Ali, you know. Also Mike Tyson, and James ‘Buster’ Douglas”. Peter was impressed by the way the 42 to 1 underdog handled himself against the seemingly invincible Mike Tyson over 15 years ago. In the midst of these talks, I once again found myself contemplating the symbolic passing of the torch, being relayed from Tyson to Peter during a time where the heavyweight division is desperately longing for a dominant champion to emerge from the shadows and take control. Back to the conversation, Peter expressed his views on the recent demise of Tyson: “Well, you can’t go through life being a champion forever. But you know, he was there, the people loved him, and he will be remembered as a great champion.”

Will Peter also be regarded as a great champion, sometime down the road? In Gotzev’s mind, it’s only a matter of time. “I promise the world that this kid’s not just going to put heavyweight boxing back where it belongs, but this kid will make boxing the most recognized sport in the world.” These were bold words coming from Peter’s manager, yet somehow, it all seemed entirely believable. Gotzev continued, “Forget about the old and look at the new. Everybody’s feeling sorry for Mike Tyson, and ...

Mehr: http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=3864&more=1

:)

Jünter

Nachwuchsspieler
Nächster Gegner von Samuel Peter ?

Peter's manager, Ivaylo Gotzev, said his man is ready for anyone in the heavyweight division.

"Who have you got out there? Chris Byrd? You haven't seen him in a year. John Ruiz lost his title and got it back for some reason (because James Toney tested positive for steroids). The other champion--Vitali Klitschko--is getting a facelift right now. (WBO titlist) Lamon Brewster is a good kid. God bless him. But it's a sorry state the heavyweight division is in is what I mean to say."

Not many would argue.

"In one year or less Sam is going to be the No. 1 heavyweight in the world," Dino Duva, Peter's promoter, said. "I hear (Vitali) Klitschko's looking for someone to fight on September 24. Let's go! Come on!

"Samuel is worthy of a title shot immediately. In the meantime we want to keep him as active as possible. We'd love to fight for a title in his next fight. If not, we'll challenge one of the guys ranked ahead of him."

Gotzev and Duva said that, hinging a court ruling, Wladimir Klitschko may fight DaVarryl Williamson in an elimination bout as a mandatory contender for IBF titlist Chris Byrd and that Peter would be the next in line.

"Sam wants to be the world champion and represent the entire world," Duva said. "In my opinion he'll be big enough to go beyond boxing. He wants to be a true world champion and defend the belt all over the world."

Quelle:www.fightnews.com

Edit: Warum ist denn jetzt "Gladiator" hier auch gesperrt, hat er zu viele Artikel gepostet oder gar den "Franz" verteidigt ? ;)

Cord

Nachwuchsspieler
Wer den Kampf gesehen hat: Kamen die euch nicht auch auf den Fotos viel fitter vor? Das wirkte alles irgendwie in den Beinen recht langsam und bewegungslos. Dafür im Oberkörper überraschend beweglich. Aber hätte Peter so eine Chance gegen V. Klitschko???

Buster D

Bankspieler
Nein, da Peter überhaupt keine Gegenwehr gewohnt ist und fast deckungslos agiert. Der nimmt ja fast jeden Jab des Gegners mit.

Sein Umfeld scheint ihm auch ständig nur zu erzählen wie toll er ist. Er macht mir den Eindruck, als ob er das glaubt und sogar noch einen drauf setzt in Sachen Selbstüberschätzung, zumal er, gelinde gesagt, nicht gerade der Hellste zu sein scheint.

Hauen kann Peter, aber bei Gegnern die zurückschlagen und boxen können, wird er gewaltige Probleme bekommen. Ich denke momentan dürfte es noch nicht für Vitali Klitschko oder Chris Byrd reichen.

Harrison

Bankspieler
Ich sehe das ähnlich wie Buster. Vitali wäre, zumindestens zur Zeit, wohl eine fast sichere Niederlage. Peter muss sich imo noch ein ganzes Stück weiter entwickeln. Einzig mit der Schlagkraft wirds gegen bessere Gegner meist nicht reichen. Vor allem Vitalis Reichweite und seine gute Arbeit mit dem Jab dürften Peter sehr große Probleme bereiten. Und Vitali kann auch einiges vertragen.

Zudem finde ich persönlich, dass Peter zu viel Muskelmasse mit sich rumschleppt. Trotz seines niedrigen Gewichts in diesem Kampf, ist es imo noch zu viel.

PS: Aber ein Kampf gegen Waldemar wäre echt interessant. Da sehe ich für Peter durchaus Siegchancen.

BillGehts

Banned
danke für den Link!

Es war ein eindrucksvoller Sieg gegen einen mäßigen Schwergewichtler. Boxerisch hat er mich nicht wirklich überzeugt. Wir werden sehen was passiert, wenn er von Vitalis Jab durch den Ring getrieben wird. Gegen Ruiz würde ich ihn aber favorisiseren.

Auch frage ich mich ob Peter noch ganz dicht im Oberstübchen ist.

Ironimo

Nachwuchsspieler
BillGehts schrieb:
Gegen Ruiz würde ich ihn aber favorisiseren.
Was mir gestern an Peter gefiel ist, dass er sich auf keine Klammeraktion einlässt, sondern konsequent im Infight arbeitet. Gegen Ruiz wird er mMn durch KO gewinnen. Peter erinnert mich von seiner Behäbigkeit sehr an Tua. Ich denke er muss noch an seiner boxerischen Klasse arbeiten, denn so offen und unbeweglich wie er ist, wird er wohl gegen Vitali nicht bestehen können.
Peter sollte man aber im Auge behalten, da er mit dieser enormen Schlagkraft für die eine oder andere Überraschung sorgen kann.

Tobi.G

Bankspieler
Peter ist erst 24 und er wird sich noch verbessern! Aber ich denke er hätte auch jetzt schon gegen die meisten Boxer gute chancen. Ich halte ihn zur Zeit für den besten up commer im Schwergewicht, finde er ist besser alz z.b Brock oder Harrison. Ich glaube auch dass Peter mehr chancen hat gegen Vitali zu gewinnen als Brock aber dennoch würde ich Vitali favorisieren, aber ein Sieg von Peter würde mich auch nicht sehr überraschen.
Er wird sich auch durch seinen Boxstil besser vermarkten lassen als die anderen up commer.
Was sein Gewicht betrifft glaube ich nicht dass er viel leichter werden kann, er ist von Natur aus enorm Muskulös, der hat nen wahnsinnigen Körper!
Ich denke wir können noch einiges von Peter erwarten!

Oben