Verstorbene Personen mit Bezug zum Boxsport

Iron

Nachwuchsspieler
Tja. habe es eben auch erfahren. Das ganze ist die negative Seite des Boxsports. Niemals wird man sie ausschließen können denn der Boxsport ist und bleibt gefährlich. Riskiert nicht jeder Kämpfer sein Leben wenn er in den Ring steigt? Auch dann wenn die Sicherheitsvorkehrungen optimal sind? Mir scheint es so als würde dieser Aspekt oft unbewusst ignoriert und ausgeblendet.

---------------------------------------------------

RIP
Leavander

timeout4u

Bankspieler
Damit Levander Johnson vielleicht etwas mehr in Erinnerung bleibt, hier sein letztes ausführliches Interview vor seiner Titelverteidigung. Finde ich nicht uninteressant und einige Aussagen sind vielleicht auch ein Indiz dafür, dass sein Tod letztendlich die "logische" Konsequenz in einer langen Kette von Ursachen ist. Nicht zuletzt, sein letzter Fight als bislang größter Zahltag seines Lebens, wobei seine angebliche Börse von 125.000 Dollar bei mir schon einen faden Beigeschmack hinterlässt. Ist eh nicht viel für die TV eines Champions im Rahmen von HBO. :( :saint:

Boxing: RSR Chats With IBF Lightweight Champ Leavander Johnson

By Brian Wilbur - Sept. 7, 2005

The story of Leavander Johnson is an inspirational story about perseverance. At one time he was an undefeated prospect, thought of highly among boxing insiders, but fell short when he got to the big show. Johnson received three world title shots during his career between 1994 and 2003. The last one he was stopped by Javier Jauregui in the 11th round. After that point, most had completely written off Leavander as a title contender and labeled him as a shot, used up boxer. Johnson was not deterred.

He went back to the gym, kept his composure and continued his career. In early 2005, then IBF champion Julio Diaz was stripped of his belt for agreeing to fight Jose Luis Castillo. In June of this year, Leavander Johnson fought Stefano Zoff for the vacant IBF Lightweight belt; his fourth shot at a major title. This time Johnson came through.

After four attempts, Leavander Johnson won the IBF Lightweight championship when he knocked out Zoff in the 7th. He did this at the age of 35 when most had tabbed him as a has-been. Eager to defend his new belt, Leavander is set to take on former world champion Jesus Chavez next. That fight will be on the Barrera vs. Peden PPV card and take place on September 17th.

BW: How did you get started in boxing?

I followed in my brother’s footsteps. My brothers used to box.

BW: How many amateur fights did you have?

About a hundred and thirty.

BW: How important was it to have that extensive amateur background?

You definitely need amateur experience to take you over as a pro.

BW: When you were coming up as a pro in the early 90’s you were a pretty highly touted prospect. What do you remember about those days?

I remember that I had everybody running and ducking from me! My biggest one was when I knocked out Sharmba Mitchell.

BW: That was the biggest win over your career to that point. How did it feel to make your presence known as a championship caliber boxer?

It felt good. I was excited and I am still excited now, to this day. I am just speechless on everything that I have done, what I have been through, and where I am at now.

BW: Later that year you got your first world title shot against Miguel Angel Gonzalez and lost. Do you think that fight was too much too soon for you because you were still young and relatively inexperienced?

No. If you take a look and watch that fight you’ll see that they stopped that fight too soon. I got robbed because I was beating that boy up. It was his hometown so that played a part. They should not have stopped the fight, but hey, it went that way so I just kept at it.

BW: Talk about your loss in your second world title shot in 1996 to Orzubek Nazarov?

That was just fighting the wrong game plan you know. I was knocking everybody out in the lightweight division whereas I wasn’t respecting the champions. When I fought the champions I did not give them any respect and it showed up.

BW: You were out of the ring for two years after that. What did you do in those two years off?

I didn’t take two years off really. What it really was is that I had a clause with Don King that was holding me back. Then I finally got my release from Don so that I could finally start my career again.

BW: In your first fight back after that you fought Dominick Monaco and won by knockout, but later it was changed to a no contest. Why was that?

I don’t remember really. I don’t even remember that fight .

BW: What about the fight with Michael Clark when you lost a 4 round technical decision in 2001?

Oh yeah I remember Michael Clark. He took a dive on me. I was cut in that fight, he wasn’t even cut. The doctor said that I could go on in the fight. When we were getting ready to go at it again his corner told him to take a knee because he was leading after 3 or 4 rounds because he knew that I was getting ready to knock him out.

BW: How disappointing is it when something like that happens?

It was disappointing because I was moving up the ladder. It was a crucial fight and he took my WBC Continental Americas title. But after that you have to stay strong, stay focused. I stayed in the gym and wanted to become World Champion and I overcame with tenacity and become world champ.

BW: In 2002 you fought Emanuel Augustus to a draw. What was that fight like for you?

That was a great fight, exciting fight; one which everyone over there in Arizona said that I won afterwards. I was a later fighter at the time. They were really pushing for him to beat me, bringing him down from 140 to lightweight, but I am a tough fighter and I love the game.

BW: You earned your third world title shot in 2003 against Javier Jauregui. What are your thoughts on that one?

It was a tough fight fighting Javier. He dropped me in the 10th I think it was, but he couldn’t get me out of there. Then in the 11th round with just two seconds left to go in the 11th round they just stopped the fight. I don’t understand that, but hey, the judges see it their way, the referee sees it another way. It was a hard loss for me and I wanted that rematch because I knew he couldn’t beat me. They wouldn’t take it though so I just kept in the gym and went around him.

BW: In all three of your losses in world title fights you were in the fight, but came up short. Do you think that the experience has made you into a better fighter?

Of course, because all of that made me stronger. And you know that the fights that I lost, none of them wanted to give me a rematch. So that tells you something right there.

BW: Last year you defeated Stefano Zoff for the IBF Lightweight Championship. How were you able to pull through and finally win that world title?

A lot of focus, dedication, and working hard in the gym.

BW: Did it make it sweeter having been there before and not coming home with the belt?

You could say that, but my main concern was thanking God. Staying in the gym and staying focused is what got me there.

BW: Are you as motivated and confident now as you have ever been?

Yes, I mean I have always put myself out as the best lightweight out there. What I look at and seeing the fighters that they are showing on TV and I think to myself, “Ah, that’s nothing compared to what I got.” And the world has not seen the best of Leavander yet.

BW: You have been at Lightweight your whole career without having to move up as you got older. Is that a testament to your good training habits?

Yes, that is just staying focused like I said and working hard in the gym. It is not like I take a long time out in between fights. At most I take a week off then I am back in the gym.

BW: What is the biggest difference between the Leavander Johnson of the early 90’s and the Leavander Johnson of today?

I am wiser. I fight smarter. I know that I don’t have to bang with these guys because I can get them out of there by boxing and then take them out in the late rounds. They are not going to take the punishment that I am dishing out if I do that.

BW: Next up for you is Jesus Chavez. Do you have different mindset going in there now because you are the champion instead of the challenger?

Oh yeah, I don’t have to go looking for no title now and coming to take it to him. If he wants my title he is going to have to come to me. That way I can drown him and take him out in the deep water rounds and punish him.

BW: What do you think of Chavez as a fighter?

He is a good fighter. I don’t put anything past him because I know he is probably hungry, but I am the best out there right now. I just won my title and I ain’t letting nobody take it!

BW: He is moving up from junior lightweight to lightweight, do you think the weight will make any difference in your strategy?

Well he might have a struggle, but I am not sure. I don’t think he would be taking on as strong and as big of a lightweight as me if he was struggling, but I don’t think he will be able to take my punch either.

BW: Jesus Chavez is a come forward fighter. I know you have faced that many times in your career but do you enjoy is when someone comes at you or do you like being the aggressor?

I love a person that comes to me because it makes them knock themselves out running into shots.

BW: Are you looking to make as much money before you retire right now or are you looking to establish your legacy?

Both. I am looking for the money and the legacy. They go hand in hand.

BW: What is Leavander Johnson like outside of the ring?

I like to fish and play other sports. I like to stay active. You know, interact with the young kids and the pals. That’s what I like to do.

RIP

shelly finkel

Nachwuchsspieler
ein austrainierter spitzenathlet stirbt nicht einfach so weg.
irgendwas muss sich da im hintergrund abgespielt haben.....exremes gewichtmachen oder vielleicht allzu leichtfertige medizinische betreuung?
(diese meinung ist subjektiv und ich zwinge sie niemandem auf)

jisi

Nachwuchsspieler
"Something is wrong," says Dr. Margaret Goodman, the ringside physician for the ill-fated Jesus Chavez-Leavander Johnson fight. "I don't know what," she told the BBC, "but we need to re-evaluate the entire way we approach the testing and treatment of boxers. These kids trust their lives to us and we are failing them. The commission is going to sit down and look at everything again and again and again."

http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2/headlines//EEkZVpVkluXmXdFNyU.html

shelly finkel

Nachwuchsspieler
das wiederum halte ich für unnötiges geschwafel...die ringärzte sind schon ok.

das problem liegt bei der medizinischen betreuung(doping) während des trainings nicht während des kampfes.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Wild Allison

Bankspieler
shelly finkel schrieb:
ein austrainierter spitzenathlet stirbt nicht einfach so weg.
irgendwas muss sich da im hintergrund abgespielt haben.....exremes gewichtmachen oder vielleicht allzu leichtfertige medizinische betreuung?
(diese meinung ist subjektiv und ich zwinge sie niemandem auf)

Johnson war ein Leichtgewicht. Extremes Gewichtmachen gehört in den unteren Gewichtsklassen zum Geschäft und wird von allen Boxern praktiziert. Ob es diesmal das eine Mal zu viel war, wird sich im Nachhinein kaum feststellen lassen. Ich verweise in diesem Zusammenhang auf einen anderen thread zu einem ganz ähnlichen Fall:

http://www.sportforen.de/vbb/showthread.php?t=10092

martin knoepfel

Nachwuchsspieler
Wirklich eine schrecklich traurige Geschichte. Ich fürchte auch, dass die
125 000 Dolllar für die Witwe und die Kinder nicht weit reichen. Irgendwelche Schuldzuweisungen von hier aus sind natürlich völlig fehl am Platz. Der Ringarzt hat gar keine möglichlichkeit, einfach so eine hirnblutung festzustellen. und der referee ist ja auch kein arzt.

His Royness1

Administrator
martin knoepfel schrieb:
Wirklich eine schrecklich traurige Geschichte. Ich fürchte auch, dass die
125 000 Dolllar für die Witwe und die Kinder nicht weit reichen. Irgendwelche Schuldzuweisungen von hier aus sind natürlich völlig fehl am Platz. Der Ringarzt hat gar keine möglichlichkeit, einfach so eine hirnblutung festzustellen. und der referee ist ja auch kein arzt.

Und die kommt auch nicht vom Doping, sondern eher von den schweren Treffern, denke ich mal - auch wenn ich kein Arzt bin!

Cânhamo

Von uns geschieden im Jahr 2015
jisi schrieb:
"Something is wrong," says Dr. Margaret Goodman, the ringside physician for the ill-fated Jesus Chavez-Leavander Johnson fight. "I don't know what," she told the BBC, "but we need to re-evaluate the entire way we approach the testing and treatment of boxers. These kids trust their lives to us and we are failing them. The commission is going to sit down and look at everything again and again and again."

http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2/headlines//EEkZVpVkluXmXdFNyU.html

Dr Goodman hat Recht. Gedanken sollte man sich schon machen. Selbst wenn es eine jährliche Sportarztuntersuchung gibt, ist das manchmal nicht genug. Ich weiß ja wie sie z.B. in Luxemburg (vom Aerzten, die das Sportministerium stellt) durchgeführt wird (wir hatten grünesLicht bekommen für einen Boxer, der auf einem Auge blind war! panik: ). Und für eine österreiche Lizenz brauchten wir nicht einmal eine solche Untersuchung. ein eunfaches äztliches Attest genügte! panik:
Ich bin jedenfalls heil froh, daß nie etwas Schlimmes mit den mir anvetrauten Boxern geschah oder auf einer von mir oder meinem Verein durchgeführten Veranstaltung.

timeout4u

Bankspieler
Na ja, ich denke, diese Aussage von Goodman ist mehr eine Art Selbstschutz, weil sie sich vielleicht vorwirft, dass sie dem Ringrichter nicht geraten hat, den Fight abzubrechen. Remember, der Kampf war in Nevada. Und eigentlich beweist dieser tragische Tod von Johnson ja nur, wie gefährlich Boxen ist, auch wenn es Fans und Experten gerne allzu oft übersehen. Jeder Treffer kann nun mal tödlich sein und es starb ja auch schon mal ne Amateurboxerin mit Kopfschutz. Jeder Boxer und jede Boxerin, unabhängig vom Gewicht, kann einen Schlag derart landen, dass seine Wirkung ausreicht, auch wenn es manchmal wie Wattebausch-Boxen aussehen mag.

Interessant in diesem Zusammenhang vielleicht auch dieser Kommentar von McCullogh:

Updated: Sep. 20, 2005
No matter the precautions, boxing's risks remainBy Wayne 'Pocket Rocket' McCullough
Special to ESPN.com

Editor's note: Wayne "Pocket Rocket" McCullough (27-6-0) has fought Oscar Larios twice this year for a super bantamweight title. Though he lost both bouts, McCullough has never been knocked down. McCullough, who also writes for the Ring magazine, provides the boxer's perspective on the Sept. 17 lightweight title fight between Jesus Chavez and Leavander Johnson, which left Johnson fighting for his life after sustaining a brain injury in the bout. McCullough watched from ringside. Johnson died five days later in a Las Vegas hospital.

LAS VEGAS -- Many people think of boxing as a violent, brutal sport in which one boxer enters the ring with the intention of hurting his opponent. That could not be further from the truth. There is not one boxer I know who would deliberately go into the ring to inflict damage on his opponent.

Boxing is as safe as it could possibly be now, especially in Nevada, where every fighter must undergo significant testing before he can step between the ropes. Unfortunately, Las Vegas has been under the spotlight in recent months because of a series of severe injuries sustained by boxers here, including Leavander Johnson's brain trauma suffered in his Sept. 17 lightweight title loss to Jesus Chavez.

Why does there seem to be a spate of injuries or deaths in our sport here? My only guess for this is that Vegas is host to many more shows than anywhere else in the world, so that increases the chances for injuries.

Opponents of our sport might request that headgear be introduced for pro boxers. But I had more injuries in the amateurs, where headgear is mandatory, than I have had in my pro career.

Levander Johnson collapsed in the dressing room after getting roughed up in a loss to Jesus Chavez.
I think wearing headgear is like wearing blinkers. A lot of the time, you cannot see the punches coming. I believe wearing headgear can sometimes intensify the punch. You can almost feel it ricocheting around the head.

There are also different sized gloves used when fighting, but the lower weight classes, myself included, fight in eight-ounce gloves. I doubt anyone could prove that increasing the glove size is going to make a difference in the number of injuries we have in our sport.

I was sitting ringside when former super featherweight champion Chavez challenged Johnson at the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas. Chavez had moved up in weight to fight Johnson in a scheduled 12-round fight.

Chavez was the shorter, stockier boxer. He's physically strong but not a big puncher. Typically he marches forward, throwing wild hooks to the head and body.

Johnson, the taller of the two, won the championship in his most recent outing by beating Stefano Zoff, from Italy. But Johnson had been TKO'd in three previous championship challenges. Johnson likes to stand erect as he fights and likes to use his reach advantage to keep his opponent at a distance.

Against Chavez, Johnson won the first round on all three judges' scorecards and was off to a good start. Chavez, a nonstop puncher, worked Johnson's body but his left hooks to Johnson's head were the best shots of the fight. He rocked Johnson in the third with the left hook. But the round was pretty even and one of the judges gave it to Johnson.

The first five rounds were competitive and Johnson was holding his own, at least on the scorecards. Two of the judges gave him two rounds and one judge gave him one round but he was still in the fight.

As a fighter, I didn't see Johnson taking any significant punches in the first five rounds and he wasn't in any serious trouble. He did get hit with clean shots but he was always fighting back.

Then the fight took a turn, and from the fifth round on, it was all Chavez.

During the next few rounds, Chavez repeatedly landed left hooks to Johnson's chin. The 10th round was the most crucial of the fight; Chavez threw single power shots to Johnson's head and they landed every time. Johnson walked unsteadily back to his corner.

The ringside physician, Margaret Goodman, checked on Johnson in the corner, said he was "alert" and allowed the fight to continue.

Chavez jumped on Johnson in the 11th round and landed punch after punch.

Referee Tony Weeks felt Johnson had taken enough punishment and stepped in to stop the fight at 0:38 of the round.

Johnson had taken a lot of shots in the previous round and I honestly thought the fight could have been stopped then because of his unsteadiness. His corner might not have noticed any change in his behavior in-between rounds, which might be why he allowed him to go out for the 11th round. His trainer, who is also his father, is the one person who knows him best in a fight. [Editor's note: Bill Johnson, Leavander's father and trainer, told the Associated Press that he told his son he was going to stop the fight after the eighth or ninth round.]

I believe Tony Weeks is one of the best referees in the business and he made the right call. Johnson couldn't have taken any more punishment but, at that point, there was no way to tell how much damage he had sustained.

I believe Tony Weeks is one of the best referees in the business and he made the right call. Johnson could not have taken any more punishment but, at that point, there was no way to tell how much damage he had sustained.

Johnson looked fine leaving the ring but no one can predict what will happen afterward. Unfortunately. when Johnson arrived at his dressing room, he collapsed. The Nevada State Athletic Commission was on hand immediately and got Johnson to a hospital, where he was diagnosed with a subdural hematoma (bleeding on the brain) and underwent emergency surgery to relieve the pressure on his brain. Johnson died Thursday.

I believe everything was done for Johnson that could have been done. He would have been fully tested prior to the fight to make sure there was nothing wrong with his brain. Nevada is one of the safest places in the world to fight because it is mandatory to have an MRI brain scan performed before you fight here. A boxer licensed to fight in Nevada must have an MRI done every five years.

Still, I can understand Johnson's reluctance to surrender.

When I fought Oscar Larios in a rematch July 16, Goodman stopped me in the corner after the 10th round because she had said I'd "taken too much." I take punches -- that's my style, like it or not! I have fought the best in the business: Erik Morales, Naseem Hamed, Daniel Zaragoza and Scott Harrison to name a few. I have never been on the canvas or stopped before and obviously I protested the stoppage.

When I fought Harrison, I took 10 times more punishment than I took against Larios, and Harrison was a bigger man. The referee in the Harrison fight saw that my legs were strong and my eyes were clear -- just as in the Larios fight -- and he knew there was no need to stop the fight.

My track record shows that I come back in the final rounds I have proven that on numerous occasions -- most recently in my first fight with Larios in February. In the rematch, in July, Larios won the middle rounds but I was slowly coming back and was ready for rounds 11 and 12. But I wasn't given the chance. I hardly had a mark on my face after the fight -- and I mark up easily. But to me, that proved I didn't get hit too much.

My wife and manager Cheryl and I have discussed in private that if she sees me getting hurt in a fight she can stop it. Cheryl knew I was fine in the [second Oscar] Larios fight but she would have been the first person in the ring if she thought otherwise.

The 10th round in my rematch with Larios was pretty even and I believe my opportunity to finish the fight was taken away. No one can say I was definitely going to lose and no one can say I was definitely going to win. The worst thing is that I will never know. I feel like I've been denied six minutes of my life.

My wife and manager Cheryl and I have discussed in private that if she sees me getting hurt in a fight, she can stop it. Cheryl knew I was fine in the Larios fight, and she would have been the first person in the ring if she thought otherwise.

Following my second fight with Larios, I was instructed to get a CT scan to make sure my brain was not damaged. I had no problems taking the scan. I must be one of the most tested boxers in the world! My CT scan came back clear and I'm ready to fight again.

Thankfully, I've never been in a fight in which my opponent has been badly hurt. But in my second world championship defense, in 1996, I ended up in a hospital even though I won the fight. My blood pressure was out of control and my heart rate was over 100 beats per minute. I was in shock and my whole body was shaking. I was hooked up to morphine to numb the pain. I thought that I was going to die, but fortunately I got through it.

I've been ringside in Las Vegas for a couple of bouts when a fighter has later died. In July 1994, welterweight Robert Wangila Napunyi, 26, died from injuries sustained in a bout against David Gonzalez. In May 1995, Jimmy Garcia, 23, died 13 days after a fight against Gabriel Ruelas for a super featherweight title.

When I get into the ring, I might get seriously hurt or worse, but I know the risks. Even though I try not to think about it, I know it can happen.

I have no doubt it will be hard for Chavez until he gets closure on the Johnson fight. The sad thing about boxing is that this happens.

My thoughts and prayers are with Johnson and his family.

"The Ref"

Nachwuchsspieler
@all
Leute, wer sagt denn das die Verletzungen die zum Tode führten, aus seinem letzten Kampf stammen.
Jeder der im Boxen involviert ist, weiß das es die Summe der erhaltenen Treffer ist.
Vorschäden könnten da aus vorher gegangenen Kämpfen schon gewesen sein, in seinem letzten Kampf dann der auslöser und i Punkt der zum Tode führte.

Habe es schon mal an anderer Stelle geschreiben, der Ref steht immer mit einem Bein im Gefängnis.
Da er aber am nächsten im Kampfgeschehen dran ist, sollte man seine Entscheidung über einen Abbruch anerkennen, akzeptieren und nicht noch auf den "Lucky Punch" warten.
Der "nächste" Schlag kann tötlich sein!

Hai

Nachwuchsspieler
hai :)))

trotz aller aufregungen, um zu früh abgebrochene kämpfe, kann ich besser mit einem aus meiner sicht zu früh gestoppten fight leben, als mit einem weiteren tragischen todesfall im boxsport.

als zuschauer werde und kann ich immer leicht behaupten, daß war zu früh, das musste nicht sein .. doch trage ich als zuschauer auch keinerlei verantwortung, außer vielleicht derjenigen, daß der druck des publikums den ein oder anderen zu späten abbruch durch den referee verursacht hat.
dies muß man mitbedenken.

ein unparteiischer im boxen trägt im gegensatz zu den meisten anderen sportarten nicht nur die verantwortung für die regeleinhaltung, sondern eben auch für die gesundheit der kontrahenten .. von daher sollte man die entscheidung eines zu "frühen" abbruchs immer akzeptieren, denn ansich gibts nie ein zu "früh", sondern immer nur ein zu "spät", wenn man an die möglichen folgen denkt.

schöne grüsse

Di Michele

Nachwuchsspieler
Die unteren Gewichtsklassen sind eben so das man eigentlich fast ohne Deckung boxt.Es wird nur geschlagen und die schläge sehen nicht gerade hart aus das ist schwer zu erkennen wann der entscheidene Schlag gesetzt wurde der Johnsohn praktisch Kampfunfähig machte.
Trotzdem ich habe den Fight nicht geshen deswegen kann ich mir da kein richtiges Urteil leisten.
Ich frage mich nur ob Johnsohn nichts vorher bemerkt hat in seinem Kopf.Vielleicht hätte er seiner Ecke sagen müssen das es nicht mehr geht aber das Herz war vielleicht zu groß.
Es sollte meiner Meinung nach nicht so früh abgebrochen werden nur wenn es gar nicht mehr geht d.h Kampfunfähig.Jeder Boxer und die Leute in seiner Ecke können den Fight jederzeit beenden.
Boxen gehört zu den gefährlichste Sportarten da passieren solche Sachen nunmal.Jeder weiss das ,man kann sich immer einen anderen Job suchen.
Natürlich ist es immer traurig.Mir tut seine Familie sehr sehr leid. Tja eine Tragödie

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

CocaCoala

Nachwuchsspieler
Di Michele schrieb:
Die unteren Gewichtsklassen sind eben so das man eigentlich fast ohne Deckung boxt.Es wird nur geschlagen und die schläge sehen nicht gerade hart aus das ist schwer zu erkennen wann der entscheiden Schlag gesetzt wurde der Johnsohn praktisch Kampfunfähig machte.
Trotzdem ich habe den Fight nicht geshen deswegen kann ich mir da kein richtiges Urteil leisten.
Ich frage mich nur ob Johnsohn nichts vorher bemerkt hat in seinem Kopf.Vielleicht hätte er seiner Ecke sagen müssen das es nicht mehr geht aber das Herz war vielleicht zu groß.
Es sollte meiner Meinung nach nicht so früh abgebrochen werden nur wenn es gar nicht mehr geht d.h Kampfunfähig.Jeder Boxer und die Leute in seiner Ecke können den Fight jederzeit beenden.
Boxen gehört zu den gefährlichste Sportarten da passieren solche Sachen nunmal.Jeder weiss das ,man kann sich immer anderen Job suchen.
Natürlich ist es immer traurig.Mir tut seine Familie sehr sehr leid. Tja eine Tragödie

welcher schlag, wann und wo oder ob es gar mehrere waren spielt hierbei überhaupt keine rolle. fakt ist dass der kampf ein trauriges ende genommen hat. jetzt aber mal ehrlich, jeder fan, jeder boxer, ringrichter und und und weiß dass es im boxsport eben zu tragischen verletzungen kommen kann, JEDER der hier schreibt ist sich dessen bewusst...jedoch blenden alle (fans, boxer etc.) dieses risiko aus, allerdings wird es dann wieder allen, in "regelmäßigen" zeitabständen, vor augen geführt, deswegen aber den sport verteufeln??? NEIN!! auch ist es nicht angebracht hier jetzt einen schuldigen suchen zu wollen, ich bin überzeugt dass jeder der involvierten sein bestes gegeben hat um dieses unglück zu verhindern...allerdings hat man als offizieller (ringrichter, ringarzt und mit sicherheit auch die teams um die boxer) einfach nicht die möglichkeit während einem kampf in die köpfe der boxer zu schauen oder die vitalfunktionen zu überwachen...man muss sich einfach auf sein gefühl verlassen, seine intuition...isses möglicherweise jetzt genug?? kann er vielleicht doch nicht weitermachen?? beraube ich ihm möglicherweise durch einen abbruch der chance seines lebens?? und und und...eine schwierige entscheidung und vorallem sehr subjektiv!! johnson z. B. hatte ja, laut aussagen der offiziellen, in der pause zur 11 runde keine alarmsignale gezeigt und man lies in weiterboxen...aber mal im ernst, wenn alarmsignale auftreten isses doch für gewöhnlich auch schon zu spät...man hat ihn ja unmittelbar nach auftreten der probleme medizinisch versorgt und alles gegeben, der ausgang war dennoch negativ...und ob man ihm wirklich das leben gerettet hätte, wenn man ihn nach der 10ten rd aus dem kampf genommen hätte, oder auch wenn sein dad den fight nach der 8 oder 9 rd gestoppt hätte?? rein spekulativ...es ist auch uninteressant, weil es einfach nichtsmehr hilft!! und dieses ganze MRT (wenn ich das richtig verstanden habe alle 5 Jahre???? :gitche: warum nich vor jedem kampf??), CT etc. gequatsche...ok, schön und gut, wirklich helfen tut es dennoch nicht...gut, möglicherweise kann man dadurch vorschäden erkennen und somit einen boxer vorm drama bewahren...allerdings ist es auch nicht immer gesagt das vorschäden dann auch unbedingt zu nem dramatischen kampfausgang führen müssen...sie können, ABER SIE MÜSSEN NICHT!! genauso wie eben ein absolut gesunder boxer dann plötzlich doch, nach nem kampf, den abgang macht...es gibt in dem ganzen system einfach zuviele unbekannte, als dass man diese tragischen fälle ausschließen könnte. einzig und allein ein verbot des boxsports würde dies verhindern...aber dann müsste man wohl auch hingehen und das marathonlaufen, extremsportarten etc. verbieten, tote gibt es schließlich nicht nur im boxen!!

letzten endes ist jeder für sich selbst verantwortlich, muss wissen wann es eben genug ist und man besser die segel streichen sollte....dies gilt für alle sportler, nicht nur für die boxer!! es wird im umfeld schließlich, davon gehe ich aus, alles getan um solche unfälle zu verhindern, aber auch die betroffenen selbst dürfen nicht alle verantwortung von sich weisen und alles auf die offiziellen abwälzen!! es heißt ja schließlich nicht umsonst: "protect yourself at all times"

CC

Di Michele

Nachwuchsspieler
CocaCoala schrieb:
letzten endes ist jeder für sich selbst verantwortlich, muss wissen wann es eben genug ist und man besser die segel streichen sollte....dies gilt für alle sportler, nicht nur für die boxer!! es wird im umfeld schließlich, davon gehe ich aus, alles getan um solche unfälle zu verhindern, aber auch die betroffenen selbst dürfen nicht alle verantwortung von sich weisen und alles auf die offiziellen abwälzen!! es heißt ja schließlich nicht umsonst: "protect yourself at all times"

CC
Ja vollkommen richtig

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Patrick

Nachwuchsspieler
McCullough sollte man auch nicht mehr kämpfen lassen, wenn er selbst mit einigen Monaten Abstand noch denkt Goodman hätte ihn zu früh aus dem Kampf genommen. :skepsis:

Oben